+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to talk to a person when calling IRCC to make PR landing appointment?

skierbill

May 11, 2018
KW, Ontario
Category........
FSW
I've received my COPR, and now I would like to make an appointment with IRCC for my interview and complete my landing. I live in near Kitchener, so there's an office nearby. But I'm having trouble actually getting through to speak with a person!

I've called IRCC more that 50 times in the last few weeks, at all times of the day (between 8am and 4pm). Every single time I've called, after I finally make it through the automated menu system to talk to a person, I get recording of the following message:

"We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to an agent. Please try again later."​

Has anyone else had luck calling IRCC to get a PR landing appointment? Have any tips? What combination of numbers should I be pressing on the automated menu?

Last weekend I gave up calling and just drove down to Niagara to land at the border, only to find out that they only do landings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The border agent strongly insisted that I make an appointment with IRCC to do the landing inland. If I can't get an appointment soon, I'll just drive to Sarnia on my next free weekend.

Mont_Lover

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I've received my COPR, and now I would like to make an appointment with IRCC for my interview and complete my landing. I live in near Kitchener, so there's an office nearby. But I'm having trouble actually getting through to speak with a person!

I've called IRCC more that 50 times in the last few weeks, at all times of the day (between 8am and 4pm). Every single time I've called, after I finally make it through the automated menu system to talk to a person, I get recording of the following message:

"We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to an agent. Please try again later."​

Has anyone else had luck calling IRCC to get a PR landing appointment? Have any tips? What combination of numbers should I be pressing on the automated menu?

Last weekend I gave up calling and just drove down to Niagara to land at the border, only to find out that they only do landings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The border agent strongly insisted that I make an appointment with IRCC to do the landing inland. If I can't get an appointment soon, I'll just drive to Sarnia on my next free weekend.

Hi Friend

Were you able to speak to the Call center ? Did you got an appointment ... If so after howmany days after talking to agent ? Which is your VO ?

skierbill

May 11, 2018
KW, Ontario
Category........
FSW
I ended up just going to the border (at Sarnia) and was processed there very easily! I was never able to get through on the phone. Good luck.

(PS. What is a "VO"?)

EngOfThings

Sep 5, 2018
I ended up just going to the border (at Sarnia) and was processed there very easily! I was never able to get through on the phone. Good luck.

(PS. What is a "VO"?)
How this process works, do you need valid US visa to do landing at the border?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You do not need a passport to 'flagpole' to land at the Canada/US border. You need to declare to the USCBP that you are 'flagpoling' for landing purposes and they will give you and 'administrative refusal' which allows you to turn around back to Canada to complete landing formalities.

***EDIT**** You will need to bring your passport used for immigration to Canada along with your COPR and any other necessary documentation with you across the border to the US to be turned around to land, but don't require a US passport to do this.

EngOfThings

Sep 5, 2018
You do not need a passport to 'flagpole' to land at the Canada/US border. You need to declare to the USCBP that you are 'flagpoling' for landing purposes and they will give you and 'administrative refusal' which allows you to turn around back to Canada to complete landing formalities.

***EDIT**** You will need to bring your passport used for immigration to Canada along with your COPR and any other necessary documentation with you across the border to the US to be turned around to land, but don't require a US passport to do this.
They took my passport when I did my refugee claim, how can I get my passport back? I think they give it back at the landing interview, am I right? Or is there any other way of getting your passport back?

Thanks Alurra71 for the answer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They took my passport when I did my refugee claim, how can I get my passport back? I think they give it back at the landing interview, am I right? Or is there any other way of getting your passport back?

Thanks Alurra71 for the answer.
You will get it back at the landing interview.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You mean at the border, but I am planning to do landing at the border so I will not be having my passport?
No - that's not what I mean. You cannot land at the border because you obtained PR through the refugee/asylum stream. You have to wait for landing interview at an IRCC office within Canada.

EngOfThings

Sep 5, 2018
No - that's not what I mean. You cannot land at the border because you obtained PR through the refugee/asylum stream. You have to wait for landing interview at an IRCC office within Canada.
I see, that makes the things clear now. Thank you for the answer.