+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to take my child with me ?

AK@2050

Jan 11, 2020
Dear group members and experts,

I need an urgent help.
I received a copr for my family. Me, husband and child. But unfortunately we lost the passport of our son in the month of Dec 2019 and my copr was expiring on 4th Jan 2020.
I raised a web form about the situation to ircc on 24th Dec 19 and requested them to please extend only my son’s copr as we had applied for his new passport and it requires a month to get a new passport in India, but until 31st Dec I didn’t get any response and hence I thought to do a soft landing and secure my place. I thought if I will not go, all three of us will lose this opportunity and we all will be considered ineligible. Hence, I landed in Canada on 31st Dec 19, completed the landing formalities and returned back to India on 3rd Jan 2020. And on 3rd Jan itself I received the reply that as I have landed in Canada, my file cannot be altered for any reason, and now I will have to sponsor my child and husband.
But again the same day, I raised a webform again to request ircc to please consider my situation again as my child will not be able to live without me for a year. I will later sponsor my husband but please allow my child to come along and provide extension of copr.
Till date, I didn’t get any response.
My questions are ,
1) Have I taken the right step to land alone ?
2) If I wouldn’t have landed, they would have said that, at least the primary applicant (Me) should have landed to complete my formalities ?
3) If I go to Canada now, can I take my child along on Visitor Visa ?
4) Will my child get a visitor visa approval (because the child received the copr but as he lost the passport he could not land) ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But during the PR sponsorship (which must be applied from Canada), you the sponsor, can make short visits to your family in home country. That's an option.

Now you would have to return to Canada in order to this....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A good example why flying a the last minute is not advisable.

1. In my opinion you took the right steps your whole family could lost PR by Not landing before COPR expiration date. You can try to get your child a TRV. It is up to the visa officer. If refused you have a TRP option. You have the option of going to Canada alone to sponsor your spouse and child.