+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to tackle the below refusal reasons

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Given your previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the
motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.

What all things should I mention any suggestion will be appreciated.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
VO believes your chosen program will not lead to meaningful progression in your career, therefore not worth the financial outlay.

You need to provide more info. What program did you apply for? What is your previous academic and work history?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. But it is based on the fact that a) the program doesn’t build on your past education. Eg. You have a bachelor degree and applied for a certificate, and b) your program doesn’t lead to career advancment in your home country based on your education and work history. Why do you need to spend thousands on your education in Canada? How will it help your career? Is the program available in your home country?

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Course applied graduate certificate in project management Algoma University past education pg diploma in Operations Management and 7 years of experience in managing recruitment and compensation projects for Asia Pacific region.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
So, you have a Bachelor's degree AND a PG diploma, and now you applied in a graduate certificate in a related stream? Add to this 7 years of experience and it sounds more like a regression rather than a progression.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Course applied graduate certificate in project management Algoma University past education pg diploma in Operations Management and 7 years of experience in managing recruitment and compensation projects for Asia Pacific region.
Why do you need to take a project management course in Canada? PM courses can be taken online from anywhere and most likely in your home country. How does it help your career at all?

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Past education is operations management and proposed is project management. The concern is how can I overcome this I won't say that many of my friends got visa with this course and so on because every profile is different and every VO has different way to look at things

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Past education is operations management and proposed is project management. The concern is how can I overcome this I won't say that many of my friends got visa with this course and so on because every profile is different and every VO has different way to look at things
Answer the questions that I asked above.

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
@Naturgrl an international degree and overseas work exposure will make me distinguish from my competitor secondly I didn't find many institute who offer PM in India.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Apply for a Master's Program in PM, then provide motivation for it in your SOP, as per the questions asked by @Naturgrl above.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl an international degree and overseas work exposure will make me distinguish from my competitor secondly I didn't find many institute who offer PM in India.
Ok well then you need to say that in your SOP. The Project Management Institiute is an international organization and certification program and has a chapter in India. I find hard to believe that you could find an institute in India.

https://www.pmi.org/about/contact/india

https://www.constructionplacements.com/project-management-courses-in-india/

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
@Naturgrl I apologize so there are institute for PM in India, but they will not add value in my CV as most of my peers would have done the same kind of program; however if I do from Canada I'll get an international degree and overseas experience which will make me distinct.