Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
masimshehzad said:
Which one is the best site to apply for job ?
Indeed,workopolis,monster .What is your field.

nikey2k

Jun 1, 2014
hi friends.. hi i am anish i have started the process of pr and i like to know some details regarding that. i have completed my graduation from india in 2010 in mechanical engineering and i have worked in india for 1 and half year and worked in saudi arabia for 2 years and total of 3 n half years experience i have on oil and gas field piping. please clear my doubts
1. so will that experience is enough for me to apply for professional license once i am there in Canada.
2. which part of canada should i apply for? for mechanical engineers best place in canada to apply for?
3. pcc is needed for the 2 years i worked in saudi? have anyone got pcc from saudi if so please do tell me..how?
4. will i get job in mechanical field , like to work under a p.eng once i reach there? how difficult is to find mechanical jobs over there..?
hope someone will give me some answers..it will be grateful.. and thanx in advance..

Mail4abid

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
qorax said:
Hi friends,

I had been contemplating to write this for quite sometime. There are many of us who are over-enthusiastically positive & similarly many,
how to settle ourselves in this new found homeland. [I have deliberately avoided the Credit History & House Building scenarios, 'coz this post is directed to job market only].

Thanks & all the best to everyone !

(Member: Canadian Society of Industrial Security)

Thank you very much, so informative!!

niagracalling

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]New Delhi[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1111[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]08-09-2014[/b][/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=purple][b]DD 24-11-2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]PER 16-12-2014[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Sent[/b][/color]
File Transfer...
[color=purple][b]Started processing on 27-02-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]25-03-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]28-03-2015 Third line update 08-04-2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]Skipped (Decision Made 14-05-2015)[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]13-05-2015[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]21-05-2015[/b][/color][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canadianflag_zpsftrnold1.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canstock14162064_zpsbfe36209.jpg[/img]
it was the most commendable post I've ever come across, indeed.
where r u qorax? its been long we heard of u.
can u throw some light for the accounts & finance prof. to start career in Canada after landing especially for chartered accountants. what course of action should be taken before and after arrival.

thanks.

santoshmane

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Hi Qorax,

Please reply to the question above. I'm a Chartered Financial Analyst too. Please guide us how to find a job in the financial market.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Dear friends, is it true that finding a job through Canadian recruiters helps you getting it quicker . If so please name few reputable recruiters here in Canada. Also can someone suggest few good résumé writers in Toronto/ GTA, who are known for writing precessional engineering resumes. Thanks

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Until and unless one does not have local market experience, no one in canada will hire.
A bitter truth....

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
beeba-bacha said:
Until and unless one does not have local market experience, no one in canada will hire.
A bitter truth....
I tend to disagree cuz I know a couple of guys who got jobs without having any local experience. Few of them belong to regulated professions and didn't even get the necessary licensures. It's purely a matter of luck though one does need to do a concentrated effort.

lenijames

Sep 17, 2013
Hi,
I had a completely different experience. Never went through any conventional prescribed methods. Let me introduce myself as an accountant from Kerala having experience only in medium sized enterprises. I have only average communication skills in English. Even my initial application I did not take any help from any agency and did all the submission on my own. I was actually not serious of coming and hence took all the process very lightly. I applied in 2010 June and did not hear any thing from the consulate till 2013 Sept. Actually I had no hope of getting the visa. But to my surprise I received my medicals in Sept 2013 and i left India for Toronto on December 19th.

I had received thousands of advices in India of how to face challenges in Canada. I was asked to change my Resume to a two page resume from the 4 pages I had, was asked to network as much as possible, attend job fairs, take up survival jobs so that my finances do not leak, get license as a security guard etc, have an affordable accommodation etc etc etc.. The list is endless. Too many advises for my liking.

Now i did not come with a huge reservoir of financial reserves with me, but bought the prescribed funds as was required. I had a simple logic, this fund that i bought is for me to live and spend in Canada till I find a job. Now i am having a 5 member family including me and three kids. I came alone in December and planned to bring my wife and kids in April. I took one of the best condo apartments in Mississauga, near square one. Since I did not have a credit history I had to pay 3 months rent as deposit which was to be adjusted for the last 3 months in 2014 and 1 month for December and that itself was 8000$. I had no issues although 8000$ from the 23625 i bought were spent. Then spent more for the furnishing of the apartment. The apartment is great with lots of facilities and worth the money paid. Due to the comforts available i was not at all home sick.

Now i started applying for the jobs with my 4 page resume which people said is not Canadian standards. I had no network or friends here. But one thing I had was GODs grace and blessings. Within the first month i got my first interview and got selected in my profession as a bookkeeper. The job location was far from my home and i had to travel 2 hours to Markham in the winter to reach there. It was a small jewellery company and the boss was an Indian with the typical Indian behavior. He made me work till 9 pm and even called me on Saturdays or Sundays. It was a perm job with monthly salary. January end, got my first paycheck in Canada and tendered my first resignation here. I decided that I will not again work in an Indian running the show. February 2014 I had a great time resting at home and doing nothing. In the night time I sent a few applications. Again by Grace of God, within 23 days of my leaving the first job, I got my second interview. This time also in my profession and one of the best Canadian Companies. I got the job and joined from March 2nd and till date I am working here in Weston Foods Inc. The job is great. The environment is superb. Every one is friendly and I just luv working here now. Every body is appreciative and encouraging. I am working in the branch office in Central Accounting Department at Etobicoke and it is just a 20 minutes drive from my home in traffic.

Let me be very precise in saying that I am just an average accountant(with no professional designations) from a small town in Kerala and yes there are many people I have met here who are professionally qualified and still stuck up in survival jobs. I consider myself to be blessed and very lucky t o be in such a position here today. I practically did not have any struggle. My family came in April. Kids joined school. Every thing is going smooth for the time being.

What I meant to say from my small story is that this Local Canadian experience is all bullshit. Yes you have to be good in interviews. And you should of course know how to convey your messages in plain simple English. For my interview for the post of accounting, I was given many scenarios in which they wanted to know how i would react to that situation. Most of the questions asked were behavioural and few from my discipline. I just performed well. But let me again vouch for the fact that I did not give any heed to those innumerable advises i was given from friends, families and other Indians whom i met here. I just did the basics right. You might have to apply for 100 jobs a week to get a single call. But make that single call count by performing to your maximum ability. Be tension free. Don't jump into survival jobs if you have the required funds to survive in this country for at least a year. Put all your efforts in getting into your profession first. The economy is booming and there are a lot of jobs available. Once you are in the system the next job hunting is very easy. Now a days I receive call from other companies most of the weeks. However I prefer to give my 100% to the company which gave me such a fine break.

Gsw

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 01-10-2014
File Transfer...
2nd line on 13th April, 2015
Med's Request
18th April, 2015
Med's Done....
Medical received 14th July , 2015
Passport Req..
12th August, 2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 11th January, 2016. Vancouver
lenijames said:
Hi,
I had a completely different experience. Never went through any conventional prescribed methods. Let me introduce myself as an accountant from Kerala having experience only in medium sized enterprises. I have only average communication skills in English. Even my initial application I did not take any help from any agency and did all the submission on my own. I was actually not serious of coming and hence took all the process very lightly. I applied in 2010 June and did not hear any thing from the consulate till 2013 Sept. Actually I had no hope of getting the visa. But to my surprise I received my medicals in Sept 2013 and i left India for Toronto on December 19th.

I had received thousands of advices in India of how to face challenges in Canada. I was asked to change my Resume to a two page resume from the 4 pages I had, was asked to network as much as possible, attend job fairs, take up survival jobs so that my finances do not leak, get license as a security guard etc, have an affordable accommodation etc etc etc.. The list is endless. Too many advises for my liking.

Now i did not come with a huge reservoir of financial reserves with me, but bought the prescribed funds as was required. I had a simple logic, this fund that i bought is for me to live and spend in Canada till I find a job. Now i am having a 5 member family including me and three kids. I came alone in December and planned to bring my wife and kids in April. I took one of the best condo apartments in Mississauga, near square one. Since I did not have a credit history I had to pay 3 months rent as deposit which was to be adjusted for the last 3 months in 2014 and 1 month for December and that itself was 8000$. I had no issues although 8000$ from the 23625 i bought were spent. Then spent more for the furnishing of the apartment. The apartment is great with lots of facilities and worth the money paid. Due to the comforts available i was not at all home sick.

Now i started applying for the jobs with my 4 page resume which people said is not Canadian standards. I had no network or friends here. But one thing I had was GODs grace and blessings. Within the first month i got my first interview and got selected in my profession as a bookkeeper. The job location was far from my home and i had to travel 2 hours to Markham in the winter to reach there. It was a small jewellery company and the boss was an Indian with the typical Indian behavior. He made me work till 9 pm and even called me on Saturdays or Sundays. It was a perm job with monthly salary. January end, got my first paycheck in Canada and tendered my first resignation here. I decided that I will not again work in an Indian running the show. February 2014 I had a great time resting at home and doing nothing. In the night time I sent a few applications. Again by Grace of God, within 23 days of my leaving the first job, I got my second interview. This time also in my profession and one of the best Canadian Companies. I got the job and joined from March 2nd and till date I am working here in Weston Foods Inc. The job is great. The environment is superb. Every one is friendly and I just luv working here now. Every body is appreciative and encouraging. I am working in the branch office in Central Accounting Department at Etobicoke and it is just a 20 minutes drive from my home in traffic.

Let me be very precise in saying that I am just an average accountant(with no professional designations) from a small town in Kerala and yes there are many people I have met here who are professionally qualified and still stuck up in survival jobs. I consider myself to be blessed and very lucky t o be in such a position here today. I practically did not have any struggle. My family came in April. Kids joined school. Every thing is going smooth for the time being.

What I meant to say from my small story is that this Local Canadian experience is all bull*censored word*. Yes you have to be good in interviews. And you should of course know how to convey your messages in plain simple English. For my interview for the post of accounting, I was given many scenarios in which they wanted to know how i would react to that situation. Most of the questions asked were behavioural and few from my discipline. I just performed well. But let me again vouch for the fact that I did not give any heed to those innumerable advises i was given from friends, families and other Indians whom i met here. I just did the basics right. You might have to apply for 100 jobs a week to get a single call. But make that single call count by performing to your maximum ability. Be tension free. Don't jump into survival jobs if you have the required funds to survive in this country for at least a year. Put all your efforts in getting into your profession first. The economy is booming and there are a lot of jobs available. Once you are in the system the next job hunting is very easy. Now a days I receive call from other companies most of the weeks. However I prefer to give my 100% to the company which gave me such a fine break.
Thanks for sharing :) plus for you

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
+1 to you @lenijames

Ray_Of_Hope

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
qorax said:
It's all about commencement of 'work' that shall lead us to a better placement. While no work-equals-no money-equals-low self esteem-equals-poorer choices-equals-bad decisions-equals-back to square one. And then where the 'honey' would go w/out 'money' is anyone's guess!
Very nice and logical