App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Dear lenijames, nice to know your struggle story. Must say it's quite impressive. But on one point I would disagree with, that you don't go for survival jobs if you have funds for one year...I guess this is something that should not be injected in new immigrants's minds atleast.

bnb

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014... Payment Charged..10-11-2014....
Nomination.....
PER......18-11-2014
AOR Received.
Second Line : 17-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-04-2015 Third line 14-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-05_2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2015
Hello

This thread is awesome...just the one I was looking for..thanks

I want to know about credentials assessment and certifications required for teaching in ontario . My qualification is
Bachelors of science
Masters of Science in Chemistry
Bachelor's of education with 30 days of teaching practice
Is wes evaluation sufficient?

I have applied for FSW2014 and waiting for my MR.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
lenijames said:
Hi,
I had a completely different experience. Never went through any conventional prescribed methods. Let me introduce myself as an accountant from Kerala having experience only in medium sized enterprises. I have only average communication skills in English. Even my initial application I did not take any help from any agency and did all the submission on my own. I was actually not serious of coming and hence took all the process very lightly. I applied in 2010 June and did not hear any thing from the consulate till 2013 Sept. Actually I had no hope of getting the visa. But to my surprise I received my medicals in Sept 2013 and i left India for Toronto on December 19th.

I had received thousands of advices in India of how to face challenges in Canada. I was asked to change my Resume to a two page resume from the 4 pages I had, was asked to network as much as possible, attend job fairs, take up survival jobs so that my finances do not leak, get license as a security guard etc, have an affordable accommodation etc etc etc.. The list is endless. Too many advises for my liking.

Now i did not come with a huge reservoir of financial reserves with me, but bought the prescribed funds as was required. I had a simple logic, this fund that i bought is for me to live and spend in Canada till I find a job. Now i am having a 5 member family including me and three kids. I came alone in December and planned to bring my wife and kids in April. I took one of the best condo apartments in Mississauga, near square one. Since I did not have a credit history I had to pay 3 months rent as deposit which was to be adjusted for the last 3 months in 2014 and 1 month for December and that itself was 8000$. I had no issues although 8000$ from the 23625 i bought were spent. Then spent more for the furnishing of the apartment. The apartment is great with lots of facilities and worth the money paid. Due to the comforts available i was not at all home sick.

Now i started applying for the jobs with my 4 page resume which people said is not Canadian standards. I had no network or friends here. But one thing I had was GODs grace and blessings. Within the first month i got my first interview and got selected in my profession as a bookkeeper. The job location was far from my home and i had to travel 2 hours to Markham in the winter to reach there. It was a small jewellery company and the boss was an Indian with the typical Indian behavior. He made me work till 9 pm and even called me on Saturdays or Sundays. It was a perm job with monthly salary. January end, got my first paycheck in Canada and tendered my first resignation here. I decided that I will not again work in an Indian running the show. February 2014 I had a great time resting at home and doing nothing. In the night time I sent a few applications. Again by Grace of God, within 23 days of my leaving the first job, I got my second interview. This time also in my profession and one of the best Canadian Companies. I got the job and joined from March 2nd and till date I am working here in Weston Foods Inc. The job is great. The environment is superb. Every one is friendly and I just luv working here now. Every body is appreciative and encouraging. I am working in the branch office in Central Accounting Department at Etobicoke and it is just a 20 minutes drive from my home in traffic.

Let me be very precise in saying that I am just an average accountant(with no professional designations) from a small town in Kerala and yes there are many people I have met here who are professionally qualified and still stuck up in survival jobs. I consider myself to be blessed and very lucky t o be in such a position here today. I practically did not have any struggle. My family came in April. Kids joined school. Every thing is going smooth for the time being.

What I meant to say from my small story is that this Local Canadian experience is all bull*censored word*. Yes you have to be good in interviews. And you should of course know how to convey your messages in plain simple English. For my interview for the post of accounting, I was given many scenarios in which they wanted to know how i would react to that situation. Most of the questions asked were behavioural and few from my discipline. I just performed well. But let me again vouch for the fact that I did not give any heed to those innumerable advises i was given from friends, families and other Indians whom i met here. I just did the basics right. You might have to apply for 100 jobs a week to get a single call. But make that single call count by performing to your maximum ability. Be tension free. Don't jump into survival jobs if you have the required funds to survive in this country for at least a year. Put all your efforts in getting into your profession first. The economy is booming and there are a lot of jobs available. Once you are in the system the next job hunting is very easy. Now a days I receive call from other companies most of the weeks. However I prefer to give my 100% to the company which gave me such a fine break.
+1 to u. Very inspirational and encouraging. Thanks for a comprehensive share.

Good luck ahead :)

SJTZ

Oct 21, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/06/2014
Nomination.....
22/10/2014
AOR Received.
01/12/2014
File Transfer...
21/10/2014
Med's Request
18/07/2016
Med's Done....
06/08/2016
Passport Req..
16/08/2016
VISA ISSUED...
29/08/2016
LANDED..........
12/11/2016
Hi friends,

Can anyone please tell me what kind of training/ diploma courses i can do to become acceptable in Canadian job market of MARKETING field ?

And one more thing is, do you people suggest to learn some basics of french language along with English?

TIA

Guhijo

Jan 13, 2015
Thank you for the information.

I'm planning to work as IT engineer in Toronto area next year. I have 6 years of experience in medium and big companies and a Bachelor's degree.
Any valuable tips for me, guys?

arus012

Nov 22, 2014
I am a accountant and am a spouse of the principle applicant. What shall I do to get job as a accountant in canada? Kindly reply.thank u

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
lenijames said:
Hi,
I had a completely different experience. Never went through any conventional prescribed methods. Let me introduce myself as an accountant from Kerala having experience only in medium sized enterprises. I have only average communication skills in English. Even my initial application I did not take any help from any agency and did all the submission on my own. I was actually not serious of coming and hence took all the process very lightly. I applied in 2010 June and did not hear any thing from the consulate till 2013 Sept. Actually I had no hope of getting the visa. But to my surprise I received my medicals in Sept 2013 and i left India for Toronto on December 19th.

I had received thousands of advices in India of how to face challenges in Canada. I was asked to change my Resume to a two page resume from the 4 pages I had, was asked to network as much as possible, attend job fairs, take up survival jobs so that my finances do not leak, get license as a security guard etc, have an affordable accommodation etc etc etc.. The list is endless. Too many advises for my liking.

Now i did not come with a huge reservoir of financial reserves with me, but bought the prescribed funds as was required. I had a simple logic, this fund that i bought is for me to live and spend in Canada till I find a job. Now i am having a 5 member family including me and three kids. I came alone in December and planned to bring my wife and kids in April. I took one of the best condo apartments in Mississauga, near square one. Since I did not have a credit history I had to pay 3 months rent as deposit which was to be adjusted for the last 3 months in 2014 and 1 month for December and that itself was 8000$. I had no issues although 8000$ from the 23625 i bought were spent. Then spent more for the furnishing of the apartment. The apartment is great with lots of facilities and worth the money paid. Due to the comforts available i was not at all home sick.

Now i started applying for the jobs with my 4 page resume which people said is not Canadian standards. I had no network or friends here. But one thing I had was GODs grace and blessings. Within the first month i got my first interview and got selected in my profession as a bookkeeper. The job location was far from my home and i had to travel 2 hours to Markham in the winter to reach there. It was a small jewellery company and the boss was an Indian with the typical Indian behavior. He made me work till 9 pm and even called me on Saturdays or Sundays. It was a perm job with monthly salary. January end, got my first paycheck in Canada and tendered my first resignation here. I decided that I will not again work in an Indian running the show. February 2014 I had a great time resting at home and doing nothing. In the night time I sent a few applications. Again by Grace of God, within 23 days of my leaving the first job, I got my second interview. This time also in my profession and one of the best Canadian Companies. I got the job and joined from March 2nd and till date I am working here in Weston Foods Inc. The job is great. The environment is superb. Every one is friendly and I just luv working here now. Every body is appreciative and encouraging. I am working in the branch office in Central Accounting Department at Etobicoke and it is just a 20 minutes drive from my home in traffic.

Let me be very precise in saying that I am just an average accountant(with no professional designations) from a small town in Kerala and yes there are many people I have met here who are professionally qualified and still stuck up in survival jobs. I consider myself to be blessed and very lucky t o be in such a position here today. I practically did not have any struggle. My family came in April. Kids joined school. Every thing is going smooth for the time being.

What I meant to say from my small story is that this Local Canadian experience is all bull*censored word*. Yes you have to be good in interviews. And you should of course know how to convey your messages in plain simple English. For my interview for the post of accounting, I was given many scenarios in which they wanted to know how i would react to that situation. Most of the questions asked were behavioural and few from my discipline. I just performed well. But let me again vouch for the fact that I did not give any heed to those innumerable advises i was given from friends, families and other Indians whom i met here. I just did the basics right. You might have to apply for 100 jobs a week to get a single call. But make that single call count by performing to your maximum ability. Be tension free. Don't jump into survival jobs if you have the required funds to survive in this country for at least a year. Put all your efforts in getting into your profession first. The economy is booming and there are a lot of jobs available. Once you are in the system the next job hunting is very easy. Now a days I receive call from other companies most of the weeks. However I prefer to give my 100% to the company which gave me such a fine break.
thanks for sharing and +1

arus012

Nov 22, 2014
I have completed my bachelor in business studies, and I have not given for credentialling my education certificate. As I am dependent. So what sud be my first step? Should I give for cretentialling my education .

FuturCanadian

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
Med's Request
27-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
14-Dec-2104
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR - 01-Apr-15 / DM- 24-Mar-15
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning for Jun
lenijames said:
Hi,

+1 for you Leni... 8)

cusoonCA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Nomination.....
per: 21-12-2014
qorax said:
Hi friends,

I had been contemplating to write this for quite sometime. There are many of us who are over-enthusiastically positive & similarly many, who think poorly of the Canadian job market. And there are quite a few of us who are thinking to go or not to, given the enormous waiting time on this immigration process, by which time we already get well settled in our homeland. But, are we?

I have replied this to many who PMed me directly and in another thread here as well. Now plz bear with me for posting it seperately, for the betterment of all friends. I hope I'll not be bashed upon for this long write-up.

Buddies, in regard to our job scenario (FSW w/out AEO) in Canada, if we plan as per below, we'll sail thru satisfactorily. It's not whether we think good or bad abt it, it's more abt our understanding of the Job Process for a New Immigrant & how we address it, take precautions & manage our settlement well, now that we are positively thinking of moving. Our jobs in Canada, post landing, shall come under 3 stages:

Stage-1. 'Survival Jobs':
The moment we land [whatever city we chose], we must catch-on any opportunity that may arrive. At this stage, we must importantly keep our Ego at home. The idea is to safeguard the 'landing funds' and plan our regular expenses on any vocation based earnings. At this stage, it'll be potent to be frugile. Cut costs at all angles & get our daily meals thru whatever job that we can take. This is the most important phase of our newcomer life in Canada. If we can plan it well, we'll avoid the 'josh story', else depression shall set-in. In this phase, I might be a IT proff, an Engr, a Doctor, whatever, or of any age bracket... I'd do well to take a job as a FedEx Helper, DtoD Salesman, MacDonald Teamer, Night Watchman, Office Boy etc.
!-Stage Criteria: Whatever our homeland profession be, take any job to start earning.
!-Remember: Till now No one knows us & No one is bothered abt us.
!-Job Search: No further search, till we get settled in this present vocation.
!-Timeframe: 0-3 months.

Stage-2. 'Tertiary Jobs':
Now we are fairy aware of the city & the Canadian concepts. This is the time to foray into our 2nd job. Start seraching, but remember that it'll not be an actual 'job hunting' yet. In this phase, due to our awarness, we might land into an Ok job, which'll be better than the survival stage. But we are still not into our choice occupation. Again it should be taken as a challenge & pursue a job that will increase our earnings from the previous one. We may not yet be satisfied with what we are doing, but shall start some savings hereon. That'll get reflected in our bank a/cs. We are actually now building our credit history, an important thing that'll hold us in good stead later. Some of the Tertiary Jobs can be Office Assistant, Hypermarket Cashier/Teller, Warehouse Assistant, Industrial Labour Controller, Store Keeper, Security Officer/Supervisor, Courier Deliveryman etc. All of these being higher paid than minimum wages.
!-Stage Criteria: Try & get a better paid job than the previous. Any field. Complete all PR documentation.
!-Remember: We are still in our nascent stage. No one yet cares abt us.
!-Job Search: Yes, keep looking. Classifieds, Online, HR Agents, Networking, Prospective Employer visits etc.
!-Timeframe: 3-6 months.

Stage-3. 'Intermediate Jobs':
By now we have smartenned up. We are no more a novice. We have developed our links. Bank position is OK. Probably, the 'landing funds' is still not fiully depleted. Our networking & friend circle has started paying. Thus, hereon we shall, most likely, get our 'first satisfactory job'. Something in our related field. No, not yet what we actually have been doing in our homeland, but in the same department. The idea is to land a job within our specialty field. Eg. if I'm a IT professional, I'll get a job in the IT dept. of a company, as a first-level operator or a team leader (if I'm lucky). If I'm an Engr. I'll be landing the job of a technician in the engineering dept of a company. If I'm an Accountant, I'll catch hold of a Asst. Bookkeeper's task, or a financial data entry operator, or a departmental assistant. The combinations can be many. The requirement is, now start building your career. Opportunities shall commence.
!-Stage Criteria: Land a job in your related field. The designation be anything, be much lower -but must be taken.
!-Remember: Ppl will start knowing us in our field & thus professional growth is imminent.
!-Job Search: Full-fledged 'job hunting'. This hunting now is in our choice occupation.
!-Timeframe: 6-12 months.

Friends, hereafter we will most likely, be in our selected field of work. And we'll be aware of the job market within our profession. Hereon, we'll know what to look for & where to look for. Thus, can apply for jobs smartly & keep growing satisfactorily. It is expected that after a yr at Canada, we should be able to establish ourselves nicely. Be professionally motivated and quite possibly grow well into our Canadian settlement process.

Job hunting, obviously will continue until we are self-satisfied. But man... we have arrived... & arrived well ! In a couple of yrs we'll be sailing in our Original Position, that we left in our homeland. And remember, we'd be still earning better than before, even if the routine costs are higher in Canada. Our margins will be much higher too. Unless we really goof-up, in 2-3 yrs time we'll be calling the shots.

A thing to remember is that, since our 2nd stage, we should start developing our skills, by way of gaining qualifications/certifications to enhance our selected profession. As most occupations like IT, Accounts, Engineering etc. will not get us a job of that field, unless we have a Canadian Recognized Certificate. The only exception is of Doctors, who might face tremendous difficulty due to the 4 yrs. requirement of Canadian Medical studies.

The above 3 phases is also important to gain a Canadian Experience. Something we cannot do without if we want to succeed in our professions. The previous jobs can be anything, but when we try to apply for a job in our field the employers will always ask/look for a Canadian Experience. They wouldn't bother what we did, but will want an "employer's reference". This is to see our employability & people management skills. And we can't blame them as well, 'coz they need to doubly ensure that who they are employing is of 'good standing', as they have no clue of our occupations/designations in our homeland. It reminds me to advice, to do good in those previous Canadian jobs. 'Coz, we'll need those employer's references, whether in writing (best to take) or telephonically by the next employer.

Plz note that in some cases the 1st & 2nd stages may be interlinked. Some may get promoted within the 1st stage itself & thus avoid/require a seperate 2nd stage. While there are also many situations/actual cases where some PRs have settled-down well in their Tertiary Occupations itself. There is this case of an Electrical Engineer, who carried-on with his Warehouse Supervisor's job and settled down as businessman of 'Custom Bonded Warehouses' forever. There are scores of other examples.

I hope the foregoing shall lead to a proper understanding of our job-worth, vis-a-vis our aspirations in Canada. And help us to get hold of ourselves in a timeframe wise & market scenario wise assimilation of what, when and how to settle ourselves in this new found homeland. [I have deliberately avoided the Credit History & House Building scenarios, 'coz this post is directed to job market only].

Thanks & all the best to everyone !

(Member: Canadian Society of Industrial Security)
Thanks for sharing!

b_lalij

Jan 11, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Nomination.....
13-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
15-07-2014
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
guys...please share what are the best approaches to search job in Canada...

I am a professional accountant and would appreciate if someone could share Canada's type resume template for this profession.

I am planning to land Canada in July -2015 got my PR visa here.

Someone suggested to give Canada local address in your resume...I have relatives in Missisauga so i can do that now...but is this useful?

Is this possible to have an active canadian mobile number while I am in my home country?

nikey2k

Jun 1, 2014
hi senior.. i really need some help here.
i have got my status as decision made and to sent the passport to ottawa visa office and hopefully in a month i will get it back with visa stamped i guess..
i have completed my mechanical engineering in 2010 and worked in india for 1 year in hvac field and 3 years in saudi arabia in hvac for first 6 months in saudi and then in piping & welding field as Quality control Mechanical Engineer.

1. i like to know if i take AWS from india it would be beneficial over there or should i have to take Welding certification from canadian welding bureau??
2. how should i start the job search over there in oil and gas field? i am planning to move edmonton.
3.should i have to go for the AGEPA registration as soon as i reach or after i get a job?

Thanks in advance...

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hi every one...

I have a quick question...

At the time of application, I got my education credentials evaluated by WES which is valid for 4 more years...

1. Is this mandatory to get credentials evaluated for having your degree recognized in Canada especially for spouse..

Is this a pre-requirement for applying to jobs?

2. Is this mandatory to carry funds with you at the time of landing? I mean for three persons required POF is CAD 18,000