+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to submit passport to CHC new delhi from within canada?

coolmsdhillon

Oct 6, 2013
I applied for PNP and came in canada in july 2013 on open work permit. My case is with CHC new delhi. i have received request to submit medical, pr fee and passports. how can i submit my passports to new delhi from canada. it is illegal to send passport by post. please help.
is there any way that i can submit my passport in canada?

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
Dhillon saab contact Indian High Commission as well as office of your province of nomination. I think u can submit ur passport there, as u r on work visa. Also u might need to give an authority letter and make it clear to them to avoid any problems in future.

Good Luck

vipulchauhan

May 24, 2013
Hello,

I am in same position as you. I also came in July through Open Work Permit get through PNP-ontario.
I just completed Medical Test in Kitchener, but now confused for how to send passport to New Delhi.
Plz let me know if you got any way to get it done.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
vipulchauhan said:
Hello,

I am in same position as you. I also came in July through Open Work Permit get through PNP-ontario.
I just completed Medical Test in Kitchener, but now confused for how to send passport to New Delhi.
Plz let me know if you got any way to get it done.
Hi coolmsdhillon & vipulchauhan:

Legally you should not send your passports to India via any courier. But some people do it on their own risk. I would never suggest you to do it.

So, the best way I would suggest you is to contact New Delhi visa office and explain them your situation. In that case they might ask you to send your passports locally in Canada and get your passports stamped.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Did you do medicals in Canada? My visa office also Delhi and waiting for medicals. I am not sure whether we can get stamping in Canada?

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
ttrajan said:
Did you do medicals in Canada? My visa office also Delhi and waiting for medicals. I am not sure whether we can get stamping in Canada?
Good to see this thread as many of us are confused if from Canada can we send passport to New Delhi for stamping or this can be done out in Canada only

vipulchauhan

May 24, 2013
Update:

I called CHC,New-Delhi. Call center people said they are unable to transfer call to Immigration Department. And asked me to email my query send email to
delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca as well as made case specific inquiry.
But yet to get any information from New-Delhi Office.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
vipulchauhan said:
Update:

I called CHC,New-Delhi. Call center people said they are unable to transfer call to Immigration Department. And asked me to email my query send email to
delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca as well as made case specific inquiry.
But yet to get any information from New-Delhi Office.
let me also know what is the result of this!!!

Thanks.

vipulchauhan

May 24, 2013
Just to share information:

Following information written on CIC, new-delhi website

Applicants outside India or Nepal should be aware of Indian laws restricting sending of passports across international borders. You must either deposit your passport at a VFS office within India or Nepal (see instructions above) or send your passport by courier to the visa office. If you choose to send your passport by courier, you must provide a return mailing address within India or Nepal, as we cannot send passports to any other country,including Canada.

coolmsdhillon

Oct 6, 2013
hi vipul

sorry for late reply. I asked my agent to write to CHC on my behalf. my agent got the reply. CHC email says that i should submit other documents except passports and i will be told later whether i can submit passports in Canada or not. this just waived their deadline to submit passports. Because when you start communicating with CHC then last date to submit passports does not matter. I am still not sure whether they will allow me to submit passports in Canada or not.

vipulchauhan said:
Just to share information:

Following information written on CIC, new-delhi website

Applicants outside India or Nepal should be aware of Indian laws restricting sending of passports across international borders. You must either deposit your passport at a VFS office within India or Nepal (see instructions above) or send your passport by courier to the visa office. If you choose to send your passport by courier, you must provide a return mailing address within India or Nepal, as we cannot send passports to any other country,including Canada.

vipulchauhan

May 24, 2013
Hello Mr. Dhillon,
Thanks for your reply and valuable guidelines.
I don't have agent so I decided to mail them again, hopefully this they'll reply me.

If you can provide me way to contact them by which I can get quick response it will be really appreciate

Regards,
Vipul Chauhan

Snehith

Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

How do i pay the RPRF fee while i am residing in Canada. My application is processed in New delhi VO.
I read in the forum that the New Delhi office need the DD to be taken in INR and in India.
Can i pay the money in Canadian dollars or online?
Please advice.

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
Any update - did they let you submit passport to Ottawa or within Canada? Instead of going to New Delhi?

coolmsdhillon and vipulchauhan - please can you update?

vipulchauhan

May 24, 2013
drnas77 said:
Any update - did they let you submit passport to Ottawa or within Canada? Instead of going to New Delhi?

coolmsdhillon and vipulchauhan - please can you update?
Hi,
I had submitted my passport to New-Delhi. Luckily at that time my brother was going to India, I sent my passport with him (with concern letter which explaining why my brother is carrying my passport). He had submitted that to VFS . VFS had denied to accept my passport, but I did confirm with VFS inquiry service, and they had confirmed to accept my passport. So My brother asked Ahmedabad VFS to accept it, they did confirm with Mumbai office and finally accepted my passport to submit New-Delhi. My passport was return back after 3 Months to my home in India. It was carried back to Canada by one my relative(with concern letter which explaining why my relative is carrying my passport).

To get PR I have to cross the border, so I went to Rainbow Bridge, Niagara. Cross the border and asked US embassy for "Flagpoll". They issued later for me and I came back to Canada embassy and finally completed my PR process.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following information is for all those applicants who are currently residing in Canada on OWP using Ontario FSW Pilot and are asked to send their Passports to New Delhi India Visa Office :

Please see if the following information is useful for any of you struggling to send their passports to New Delhi India from Canada. If your Visa office does not responds to your e-mail request after 7 business days then contact your Local MP's Office in Canada , your MP's office might help you getting your Completed / Finalized file transferred to Canada. Show MP's office a proof of your communication with your Visa office and your MP's office will help you in this matter.

Note : I was an Indian applicant and my file was processed at CIC's Colombo , Srilanka Visa Office. So that is why following information has references to Srilanka Visa office

How to get your File transferred to Ottawa, Canada for Inland Processing after you get PPR ( Passport Submission Request ) e-mail from the Visa Office.

Reason : Because Indian Passport holders are unable to send their passports to India via Postal Mail/ Courier from Canada to India so we want Inland Processing at Canada.
Trigger / When : I got an e-mail from Srilanka VO to submit my Passports to New Delhi Visa office to get Immigrant Visa Stamping & Confirmation of PR ( COPR ) documents.
My Response : Sent following e-mail to Srilanka VO along with supporting documents as a proof that I am currently residing in Canada on OWP.
Srilanka VO response : Within a week I got a reply to send my passports to Case Processing Centre ( CPC )- Ottawa, Canada. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Following is the format of e-mail I sent to Srilanka VO , so you may tailor this format as per your needs when the time comes for you , I hope this information will be useful for almost every applicant who is in Canada and is not able to send his/her passport to India by Post/Courier:

All the Best.

I did not want this communication to be missed so

I sent this information Via E-mail To : re-clmbo.immigration @ international.gc.ca ; CLMBOIMMIGRATION2 @ international.gc.ca
&
I also raised a Case Specific Inquiry for COLOMBO Visa office and sent this information as attached PDF documents.

But When I got a response back from Srilanka VO it was a reply to my e-mail which I sent to them.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dated : DD-MM-YYYY
To

The High Commission of Canada,
Immigration Section,
Your Visa Office Address here

Subject : Request to transfer our finalized Ontario Provincial Nomination PR file # XXXXXXXX to Canada for Inland Immigration Visa stamping and Issuance of COPR documents.

Dear Officer,

With due respect I wish to state that we have received an e-mail from your office dated ## Month YYYY which has advised us to submit our Passports to the CIC's New Delhi , India Visa office within XX days.

We wish to inform you that currently myself FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # ) and my dependent spouse FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # XXXXXXXX ) & Kids Name FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # XXXXXXXX ) etc... are living and working in City Name, Ontario, Canada since DD-MM-YYYY on an Open Work Permit which was issued to us in DD-MM-YYYY.

We want to bring this issue under your kind notice that Indian laws do not allow its Citizens to send their Passports from an overseas location ( in our case Canada ) to India via Postal / Courier mail service. So it will be illegal for us to send our passports from our current country of residence (Canada) to India by post for this immigration visa stamping.

We request you to transfer our completed Provincial Nomination Permanent Residence file # XXXXXXXX to Canada for an Inland processing , so that the stamping of our passports with the immigrant visa and issuance of COPR ( Confirmation of PR ) papers can be done here in Canada.

We were issued with an Open Work Permit to speed up our absorption in the Canadian labor market while our PR application was being processed. This open work permit was issued to Ontario Provincial Nominees identified through the Federal Skilled Worker Backlog Reduction Pilot (FSW Pilot) .Operational Bulletin ( OB ) 470. - ( If Applicable to you, else put your own case here )

Because currently we are working and living here in Canada , Mention something about Kids school as well if applicable here so it will be very much in-convenient for us to get leave from our work for an unknown period of time or leave our jobs in Canada and move back to India for visa stamping at CIC's New Delhi (India) visa office. This travel to India just for the visa stamping will defeat the sole purpose of issuing us with OWP and faster integration into Canadian labour market - ( If Applicable to you, else put your own case here ). We have found our jobs in City Name, Ontario, Canada and Kids are attending their schools in Canada (- if applicable) so we are trying to integrate our self into the Canadian economy & society.

We request you to kindly consider this request ... Any other appeal words here..

Yours Faithfully,
FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # ) Princial Applicant
FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # ) Applicant 1
FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # ) Applicant 2
FIRST NAME, LAST NAME ( UCI # ) Applicant 3
etc....

PR Application# XXXXXXXXX
Residential Address:
Canadian Residential Address
Ph : Canadian Ph Number

Enclosed copies of following documents to prove our residence in Canada:
1. Copy of Passport Submission e-mail from Colombo Visa Office.
2. Canadian Driver's Licence. ( If applicable )
3. Work Permit Visa & Work Permits.
4. Pay Stubs. ( If applicable )
5. Any Utility Bills on your name In Canada
6. Apartment / home Lease documents ( if applicable )

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$