11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi everyone,

It's my 5th time trying to submit a webform to IRCC.

I either don't get any response or I get a response that the information in the webform doesn't match the information in the application.
I want to provide an update to IRCC on my part (I am the sponsor). Can anyone give any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

1. The first step is choosing the category of the application: I choose "sponsoring spouse and dependent children who are outside of Canada".

2. In the Applicant section of the form, I provide my spouse's details.

3. Then I go to enquirer's details and give my information.

4. Then I upload the documents.

5. The last step is where they ask to confirm my email and the date of birth. I give my email and my date of birth (sponsor's).

1-2 weeks later I get a response that they can't accept my webform because the information doesn't match the info in the file.
I don't really understand what I am doing wrong. Any advice is appreciated!

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I had this today.

For me, I wonder if husband‘s middle name was put as part of last name by accident.

Or the fact that we are both Outland, but it says not to choose that if COVID impacted, but then the sponsorship options aren’t correct.

I just resubmitted and hope it works.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I either don't get any response or I get a response that the information in the webform doesn't match the information in the application.
I want to provide an update to IRCC on my part (I am the sponsor). Can anyone give any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

1. The first step is choosing the category of the application: I choose "sponsoring spouse and dependent children who are outside of Canada".

5. The last step is where they ask to confirm my email and the date of birth. I give my email and my date of birth (sponsor's).

1-2 weeks later I get a response that they can't accept my webform because the information doesn't match the info in the file.
Hi , were you able to apply again and be successful in submitting webform? I am also in the same boat now. I am a sponsor in Canada and my wife is in India. I am trying to upload a document through webform. I did the same thing you have have mentioned and was wondering what was the issue in your case?

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hi , were you able to apply again and be successful in submitting webform? I am also in the same boat now. I am a sponsor in Canada and my wife is in India. I am trying to upload a document through webform. I did the same thing you have have mentioned and was wondering what was the issue in your case?

Any success? Same issue.

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hi I was able to submit webform successfully and it got linked with my application
Great.

So, what is the correct way while filling webform:
Step 1:
Part 1: Applicant details
Part 2: Enquirer details (Sponsor/also an authorized rep on sponsor file)

Step 2:
Attaching doc, if any

Step 3:
Confirm email & DOB: At this step, this information belongs to Sponsor/Enquirer or PA ? Last time, i filled PA detail and it was not accepted. I have tried now with sponsor detail and waiting for response from IRCC.

Can you confirm, step 3?

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Great.

So, what is the correct way while filling webform:
Step 1:
Part 1: Applicant details
Part 2: Enquirer details (Sponsor/also an authorized rep on sponsor file)

Step 2:
Attaching doc, if any

Step 3:
Confirm email & DOB: At this step, this information belongs to Sponsor/Enquirer or PA ? Last time, i filled PA detail and it was not accepted. I have tried now with sponsor detail and waiting for response from IRCC.

Can you confirm, step 3?
Hi I provided sponsor detail. it worked for me We submitted another webform for another reason and this time, we used PA details and my wife raised the webform. It got accepted then also. So, I am guessing both works

Reactions: umer_razzaq90

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
For help of others.
- When using PA as enquirer, then use PA's details at last step/Step 3.
- When enquirer is Sponsor, then use Sponsor's details at last step/No.3.

In conclusion, step 3 details (email & DOB) should be for the person whoever is Enquirer.

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

In step 5, you need to give PA's date of birth.

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Others have beat me to it: use the PA DOB in the confirmation dialogue, not yours.

I bet that - if you look closely at the submitted data in the response email from IRCC - the section near the bottom will look like this:

Applicant Information
Name of applicant: correct name of PA
Email address: correct email of the PA
DOB of applicant: WRONG DOB - the DOB of the Enquirer, not PA!

So, despite all the other correct information submitted, horrible form UI/UX bounces countless emails, and leaves enquirers scratching their heads...