Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
Hello..

I just read all the stuff regarding sponsoring spouse but I am still very confuse where to start.. I downloaded all the forms though and started to fill them out..but I dont really know what to do STEP BY STEP..
Anyone with successful sponsorship enlighten me with the whole process plssssssssss.
My application would be "INLAND APPLICATION"...
plsss from the beggining..If you have the time..pls pls pls..

thank you. :( :'(

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
I recommend doing what my husband and I did...we would googled each form...and found a step by step video online or a page for each...the first night we looked at the forms we were soo confused and didn't understand who had to fill out which form...

ps...we are applying outland...

Reactions: PradipSaha

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Yani26 said:
Hello..

I just read all the stuff regarding sponsoring spouse but I am still very confuse where to start.. I downloaded all the forms though and started to fill them out..but I dont really know what to do STEP BY STEP..
Anyone with successful sponsorship enlighten me with the whole process plssssssssss.
My application would be "INLAND APPLICATION"...
plsss from the beggining..If you have the time..pls pls pls..

thank you. :( :'(
Read Instruction manual completely . It has good information .

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Just Google "Guide3900" or copy and paste this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

I strongly recommend PRINTING it out, in spite of it's many pages (I cringed to do so, but we did). It REALLY defines it, step by step.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Resign yourelf to the fact that you will need to become an absolute expert at spousal sponsorship immigration. By the time you are done you will be able to open your own immigration consulting agency, thats how much you will have learned. I've been doing this for a year and half and i'm still confused but i am also 10x smarter than when I started.

Read all the forms and all the instruction manual. Slowly, and carefully. There is no way around this. Read them all. You are fortunate you found this forum, it is absolutely invaluable. Ask quests whenever you have them.

Ok step by step (anyone please feel free to add to this as needed):

Step 1: Get all your documents in order. Birth certificate, marriage cert, police cert, option C, etc. Some documents that are not in english will need to be translated by a certified translator.

For inland, Do NOT do your medical first. CIC recommends doing the medical first but its a lie. That was when wait times were less than a year. If you do your meds they may expire before they ever get used. So wait for CIC to ask for meds.

Step 2. Fill in all the forms. write N/A in every spot where you dont fill in anything. Dont leave anything blank. Dont leave any time gaps in the background declaration. Dont make any mistakes. Check your spouses forms over with a fine tooth comb, have your spouse check over yours. These forms need to be perfect. After they are all perfect. Set them aside for a day, then look at them again and make sure you didnt miss anything.

Step 3. Photos. Get your wedding photos together and photos from all your vacations and your honey moon. Also get the passport photos you need to send with the application.

Keep copies of everything in a well organized folder. Dont send CIC anything that you dont keep a copy of.

Step 4: pay the fee and keep the receipt.

Step 5. send the application by registered mail.

Step 6. You shoud get AOR (acknowledge of receipt) this is very important because it has yours and your spouses UCI numbers which let you log in and check your application status. These are the only numbners you can use to login to eCAS, despite what eCAS says none of the other numbers (like receipt number) will work.

Step 7: after that theres a lot of waiting.

Step 8: they sometimes call an interview

Step 9: this is around the time they will ask for medicals. So you would do them and have them sent in.

Step 10: AIP: Approval in principal. Letter or email. This is the end of "stage 1". It means the sponsor qualifies as a sponsor. You can now apply for Open Work Permit or study permit. Its also the time when some provinces allow you to apply for medical coverage. Depends on province, please find out the rules for your specific province.

Step 11: File is transfered to local office. You will get a letter about this, and then later a letter from the local office asking for a landing interview.

Step 12: Landing interview

Step 13: wait for PR card in the mail.

What did I forget? What did I mix up? Am I ready to open my own consulting agency yet? lol :p

Optional Step 14: apply to see your case notes under access to information.

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
THANK YOU SO MUCH..YOU ARE ALL HELPFUL..

but wait..does my sponsored spouse have to fill out the forms already same time with mine and then send them with my forms all to the processing centre? or should I wait after i get approved?

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014

but wait..does my sponsored spouse have to fill out the forms already same time with mine and then send them with my forms all to the processing centre? or should I wait after i get approved? :-[

and when i say INLAND..it means I..the Sponsor is in Canada and my spouse is outside Canada.. RIGHT??? ???

marlasinger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014 Decision Made..:29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-01-2015
Yani26 said:

but wait..does my sponsored spouse have to fill out the forms already same time with mine and then send them with my forms all to the processing centre? or should I wait after i get approved? :-[

and when i say INLAND..it means I..the Sponsor is in Canada and my spouse is outside Canada.. RIGHT??? ???
Everything is based on your spouse so if they are living outside of Canada, your application is an outland application.

You have to send everything together to Mississauga. That is sponsorship application forms, PR applicant forms and all the supporting documents that they request. Mississauga will then transfer your file off the to appropriate Visa Office.

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
marlasinger said:
Everything is based on your spouse so if they are living outside of Canada, your application is an outland application.

You have to send everything together to Mississauga. That is sponsorship application forms, PR applicant forms and all the supporting documents that they request. Mississauga will then transfer your file off the to appropriate Visa Office.
So you mean i have to send the forms to the Philippines and let my sponsored spouse fill them out and sign??? :'(

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
I thought you said you are applying inland? If you are applying outland then forget my "step by step" guide, it is not the same. What i posted is only for Inland applications.

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
steerpike said:
I thought you said you are applying inland? If you are applying outland then forget my "step by step" guide, it is not the same. What i posted is only for Inland applications.
Sorry im really really confused..so its not INLAND APPLICATION?
My sponsored spouse is not living in Canada..Me on the other hand the sponsor is in Canada.,so?

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
and do I need the "IMM0008 DEP Additional Dependants/Declaration form" ??? because I cant open it anywhere and i cant find any other link where i can download and open it.. it just keep showing like this:

We have 1 canadian son.thanks so much for entertaining my questions :-[

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
It's okay to be confused. Yours is an OUTLAND application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steerpike said:
+1 for your time in posting such a detailed list.

Forever-Waiting

Feb 27, 2014
steerpike said:
Resign yourelf to the fact that you will need to become an absolute expert at spousal sponsorship immigration. By the time you are done you will be able to open your own immigration consulting agency, thats how much you will have learned. I've been doing this for a year and half and i'm still confused but i am also 10x smarter than when I started.

Read all the forms and all the instruction manual. Slowly, and carefully. There is no way around this. Read them all. You are fortunate you found this forum, it is absolutely invaluable. Ask quests whenever you have them.

Ok step by step (anyone please feel free to add to this as needed):

Step 1: Get all your documents in order. Birth certificate, marriage cert, police cert, option C, etc. Some documents that are not in english will need to be translated by a certified translator.

For inland, Do NOT do your medical first. CIC recommends doing the medical first but its a lie. That was when wait times were less than a year. If you do your meds they may expire before they ever get used. So wait for CIC to ask for meds.

Step 2. Fill in all the forms. write N/A in every spot where you dont fill in anything. Dont leave anything blank. Dont leave any time gaps in the background declaration. Dont make any mistakes. Check your spouses forms over with a fine tooth comb, have your spouse check over yours. These forms need to be perfect. After they are all perfect. Set them aside for a day, then look at them again and make sure you didnt miss anything.

Step 3. Photos. Get your wedding photos together and photos from all your vacations and your honey moon. Also get the passport photos you need to send with the application.

Keep copies of everything in a well organized folder. Dont send CIC anything that you dont keep a copy of.

Step 4: pay the fee and keep the receipt.

Step 5. send the application by registered mail.

Step 6. You shoud get AOR (acknowledge of receipt) this is very important because it has yours and your spouses UCI numbers which let you log in and check your application status. These are the only numbners you can use to login to eCAS, despite what eCAS says none of the other numbers (like receipt number) will work.

Step 7: after that theres a lot of waiting.

Step 8: they sometimes call an interview

Step 9: this is around the time they will ask for medicals. So you would do them and have them sent in.

Step 10: AIP: Approval in principal. Letter or email. This is the end of "stage 1". It means the sponsor qualifies as a sponsor. You can now apply for Open Work Permit or study permit. Its also the time when some provinces allow you to apply for medical coverage. Depends on province, please find out the rules for your specific province.

Step 11: File is transfered to local office. You will get a letter about this, and then later a letter from the local office asking for a landing interview.

Step 12: Landing interview

Step 13: wait for PR card in the mail.

What did I forget? What did I mix up? Am I ready to open my own consulting agency yet? lol :p

Optional Step 14: apply to see your case notes under access to information.
thank you :)