+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sponsor non-accompanying dependents immediately after landing?

harshads

Mar 3, 2017
Hello All,

I got my Canada PR recently and landed in Canada on December 9, 2017. Me and my family were in the US during the PR application processing and during my application, I declared my family is non-accompanying. All the necessary formalities like medical exam and PCC were complete for all family members declared in my application. My thought process was as soon as I get a good job I will sponsor and reunite with my family.

Here is my current situation:
  1. I am still awaiting my PR Card to arrive.
  2. I had a job offer before landing but after getting PR stamped.
  3. It's a good job in my field and I have accumulated 2 paystubs until now.
  4. Now I want to sponsor my family members who were declared as non-accompanying i.e. wife and kid miss them a lot here especially in this winter.:(
  5. My family is currently residing in my home country India.
Following are my questions:
  1. What is the fastest way to reunite with family?
  2. Do I need to wait for PR Card to arrive before I can send in my application or COPR document after landing is enough)
  3. What are all the documents required for the Application to be submitted (myself + family)?
  4. Under which category can I apply for family PR (I little confused between different categories).
  5. Are there any things I should be careful while submitting the application?
  6. Also, can I sponsor my parent super VISA with my family?
Thanks in advance.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
You do it by applying through the family sponsorship. I hope you had declared your family on your previous application. Really hard to give you a lot of tips at this stage. Do some reading, print off the forms and the checklist for your home region and check this forum.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

harshads

Mar 3, 2017
Thank you @Sous02 and @Rob_TO

I did declare my family members in my application and all necessary formalities were followed for them.
Just one more doubt, do I have to wait for 1 year in order to be eligible to sponsor my parents Super Visa (I landed in Canada just last month)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you @Sous02 and @Rob_TO

I did declare my family members in my application and all necessary formalities were followed for them.
Just one more doubt, do I have to wait for 1 year in order to be eligible to sponsor my parents Super Visa (I landed in Canada just last month)?
No. You don't have to wait. You can apply for the super visa immediately provided you have a job in Canada that meets LICO. To calculate LICO, make sure you count yourself, your wife, your children and your parents.

harshads

Mar 3, 2017
No. You don't have to wait. You can apply for the super visa immediately provided you have a job in Canada that meets LICO. To calculate LICO, make sure you count yourself, your wife, your children and your parents.
@scylla thank you for the quick response. I already have a job and my total family members are just 4 including parent (just mom). I think I am making more money than LICO for 4 people to survive in Toronto. Thank you very much, everyone again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@scylla thank you for the quick response. I already have a job and my total family members are just 4 including parent (just mom). I think I am making more money than LICO for 4 people to survive in Toronto. Thank you very much, everyone again.
If your father is still alive he has to be counted. It will likely take a year for your wife and child to arrive in Canada unless you are able to get a trv for them which is usually quite difficult.

harshads

Mar 3, 2017
If your father is still alive he has to be counted. It will likely take a year for your wife and child to arrive in Canada unless you are able to get a trv for them which is usually quite difficult.
I am aware of difficulty getting TRV. My father passed away long back. Do I need to declare this in my application for Super Visa? My wife is also trying Express Entry we are keeping both options open. I wish they could arrive by end of Aug so that my son can start school from Sep. Anyways I need to apply first.

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello All,

I got my Canada PR recently and landed in Canada on December 9, 2017. Me and my family were in the US during the PR application processing and during my application, I declared my family is non-accompanying. All the necessary formalities like medical exam and PCC were complete for all family members declared in my application. My thought process was as soon as I get a good job I will sponsor and reunite with my family.

4. Now I want to sponsor my family members who were declared as non-accompanying i.e. wife and kid miss them a lot here especially in this winter.:(
  2. Do I need to wait for PR Card to arrive before I can send in my application or COPR document after landing is enough)
  3. What are all the documents required for the Application to be submitted (myself + family)?
  4. Under which category can I apply for family PR (I little confused between different categories).
Thanks in advance.
I am in the same situation as you, did you took your family to Canada? did you get the sponsor visa immediately ? what is the duration you waited?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am in the same situation as you, did you took your family to Canada? did you get the sponsor visa immediately ? what is the duration you waited?
If your family have visitor visa to enter Canada, then they can come as visitors while waiting for the PR application.
Otherwise, the PR "visa" will take a while (I read that dependents' are roughly 6 months and spousal is targeted for 1 year)

namneet

Apr 26, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-feb-2014
Doc's Request.
N.A
Nomination.....
12-JAN-2017
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
19-06-2017
Med's Request
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
09-09-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

namneet

Apr 26, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-feb-2014
Doc's Request.
N.A
Nomination.....
12-JAN-2017
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
19-06-2017
Med's Request
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
09-09-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
Hii i am in situation with you m just landed in end of May as Permanent Resident but ny spouse is non accompyning to me .
Now i want sponser to him but didn’t get my PR card yet can i applied to him with COPR
How much time will take to approve sponser approval
Or total processing time to spouse visa approval
Thans in advance