Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PA-2-BC-SingleAdoptedDad said:
Thanks Leon and Rano2013

Do I have toapply for citizenship for my kids now before I move back? or can I move back to Canada with them and then apply for citizenship once I'm in Canada?

Grant
You can apply for citizenship later - however they most likely won't have access to provincial health care until they have citizenship (so you'll need to purchase insurance to cover emergencies during the waiting period and will have to pay for any non-emergency care out of your own pocket). It's possible you may run into a couple of bumps enrolling them in school since they will be viewed as foreign students until they are recognized as citizens.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Rano2013 said:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I applied for visa online to the Abu Dhabi embassy, and they processed it very quickly. They gave my son 5 years multi entry visa.

Thanks
Hi, That's wonderful...

Well, I'm in exactly the same situation, however, not sure if I will be granted TRV for my child (due in end of Jan 2016). We did landing in Sep 2015 and returned on 01 Oct and just today I found out the hassle that will happen if child is born outside of Canada.

By any chance would you have idea how long does it take for travel document to be issued?

Many thanks!

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
papmanindia said:
Hi Leon,

I read the same issue and your suggestion in other post also. I too read many post regarding the same issue. but today , i found one of your post post stating that to be successfully sponsorship one should first qualify RO an then apply for sponsorship.

Please correct my understanding. I m also undergoing same situation where i did short landing from 18 Apr to 27 Apr and afterwards in India till now. Expected date of delivery is Jan 2016.

From the time i read your post of RO fulfilment. I am scared now and planning to get the delivery done in canada. this sudden plan of action will take me too roller coaster ride as wife and me both are on job and will need to lie or to take sabbatical to get delivery done in Canada. need tpo resolve many things as one has too before leaving in native country.

If you have any other alternative for me, where I can follow different approach to avoid leaving now and get delivery done in India, as you know, it requires a lot of care and we both will be strangers in Canada. In addition, health benefits in Canada will also create mess for me due to minimum applicability period.

Let me know, if u need more details. awaiting your reply.

regards
Our situation is exactly the same - as I've returned to Dubai for the same reason that it requires extra care and just today I found out the problems of having child outside Canada. Not sure how long does it take for travel document to be issued as we haven't yet received our PR cards and not sure if delivery takes place in Dubai, will we get TRV or not :(

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Guiders said:
Our situation is exactly the same - as I've returned to Dubai for the same reason that it requires extra care and just today I found out the problems of having child outside Canada. Not sure how long does it take for travel document to be issued as we haven't yet received our PR cards and not sure if delivery takes place in Dubai, will we get TRV or not :(
Hey Guider, Congratulations for the good news,

Currently we have no choice except to get the baby deliver in respective nations and after delivery get the passports and other requisite documents for the child and then apply TRV. Whether we get TRV or TRP or not, is seperate issue.

But keep collecting infirmation and any amendments if come in way. Anyways stay connected my email id is papmanindia@gmail.com

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
Hi just a suggestion.

I got my friend, met her bf then in dubai. He 8s Canadian citizen but working in uae. My friend got pregnant and gave birth in the Philippines. Later on they got married after few years. They applied trv for the kids and refused because the embassy said that the kids are Canadian citizen by birth and just applied for Canadian passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
candy_lite said:
Hi just a suggestion.

I got my friend, met her bf then in dubai. He 8s Canadian citizen but working in uae. My friend got pregnant and gave birth in the Philippines. Later on they got married after few years. They applied trv for the kids and refused because the embassy said that the kids are Canadian citizen by birth and just applied for Canadian passport.
Your suggestion is not helpful, as these posters are PRs and not Canadian citizens.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Guiders said:
Hi Guider,

Jan end is there, what is the good news...Have you started your process for Birth certificate Passports and other documents as well.

Aug 28, 2010
Hi All,

Will this apply to an adopted child as well? We needed to land this June 2016 because I am pregnant and will deliver this September. I decided to give birth here in Canada to avoid the hassle of sponsoring a new born child... However, my husband had to return to our country for our adopted child whose papers have not yet been finalized. When we were applying, we informed the embassy that our we are still processing the adoption. They told us that if our PR application is finalized before the adoption then we just need to sponsor her. I will give birth without my husband beside me because our adoptive daughter needs her and we do not want to make her feel that we left her... Will the process be to apply a TRV for her once all her documents are sorted out and then apply for her sponsorship here in Canada?

Thanks
Charlene

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
charlenepm0316 said:
Hi All,

Will this apply to an adopted child as well? We needed to land this June 2016 because I am pregnant and will deliver this September. I decided to give birth here in Canada to avoid the hassle of sponsoring a new born child... However, my husband had to return to our country for our adopted child whose papers have not yet been finalized. When we were applying, we informed the embassy that our we are still processing the adoption. They told us that if our PR application is finalized before the adoption then we just need to sponsor her. I will give birth without my husband beside me because our adoptive daughter needs her and we do not want to make her feel that we left her... Will the process be to apply a TRV for her once all her documents are sorted out and then apply for her sponsorship here in Canada?

Thanks
Charlene
Assuming the adopted child holds a non-visa exempt passport, you will apply for a TRV. If the TRV is refused, you can then try a TRP. If the TRP is also refused, you will need to wait until the PR application for the child is approved before the child can be brought to Canada. Note that either you or your husband must be in Canada while this PR application is being processed (i.e. you can't both leave and reside abroad while waiting).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
charlenepm0316 said:
Hi scylla,

Thank you so much for your reply... Will it then be better to apply at once for a TRP?

Thanks
Charlene
No - I would start with the TRV.

Aug 28, 2010
scylla said:
No - I would start with the TRV.
Hi,

Sorry to be a pain... since our adopted child is only 3 years old, I will be signing on her behalf for the TRV application if and when we have the papers ready for the finality of her adoption... should the application be submitted in our home country or here in canada?

Thank you

Aug 28, 2010
Hi,

Thanks to you people and our daughter will soon join us in Canada. She was granted a TRV. May i please ask for next steps re application for PR (inland) and where to file this application?

Thank you