+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to send Solemn Declaration form

novanova

May 1, 2020
I landed in Canada this February but never received my PR card:( The website shows it's mailed on March 13th. After I spoke with IRCC I found the address was not correct, so it's lost.
6 weeks passed, IRCC recommends me send them the Solemn Declaration Form. I can either fax it or mail it. I've been trying to fax it the whole last week and it was never sent through (response is no answer). I tried different online fax services... Is there anyone here able to fax the form successfully these two days and how did you do that?? If not, do I have to mail it then? Not sure if they process paper mails now. Thank you!

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I landed in Canada this February but never received my PR card:( The website shows it's mailed on March 13th. After I spoke with IRCC I found the address was not correct, so it's lost.
6 weeks passed, IRCC recommends me send them the Solemn Declaration Form. I can either fax it or mail it. I've been trying to fax it the whole last week and it was never sent through (response is no answer). I tried different online fax services... Is there anyone here able to fax the form successfully these two days and how did you do that?? If not, do I have to mail it then? Not sure if they process paper mails now. Thank you!
Join the incorrect address club!!!

I sent mine by tracked mail. It arrived yesterday. On the phone they told me they are processing column decelerations sent on Feb 07.
I'm hoping once the office reopens they will speed through the processing.

Reactions: novanova

novanova

May 1, 2020

I sent mine by tracked mail. It arrived yesterday. On the phone they told me they are processing column decelerations sent on Feb 07.
Thank you so much for replying to my thread!! It's crazy. I've been faxing them since last week, and it's always "no answer". I'm not sure if their office is even open now. I guess I have to send this piece of paper by mail now too.
May I ask if you confirmed they accepted your mail? I'm currently in the US, is it OK to mail it to them from the US (if you're also in the US)? Thanks!

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Thank you so much for replying to my thread!! It's crazy. I've been faxing them since last week, and it's always "no answer". I'm not sure if their office is even open now. I guess I have to send this piece of paper by mail now too.
May I ask if you confirmed they accepted your mail? I'm currently in the US, is it OK to mail it to them from the US (if you're also in the US)? Thanks!
I mailed from within canada, Canada post says it has been delivered but there is no signature. I'm guessing it would be okay to send from US

novanova

May 1, 2020
I mailed from within canada, Canada post says it has been delivered but there is no signature. I'm guessing it would be okay to send from US
Last week IRCC told me they are still processing solemn declarations sent before Feb 6... Fax is still not working. Now I kinda believe the PR Processing Centre is not open at all. Did IRCC confirm that your declaration form can be located in their system? I sent my form through Web form, first they confirmed they forwarded it to PR Card Centre, and then they said it couldn't be located in their system. I'm not sure what I can do now:(

ChelseaJY

Jun 25, 2018
Last week IRCC told me they are still processing solemn declarations sent before Feb 6... Fax is still not working. Now I kinda believe the PR Processing Centre is not open at all. Did IRCC confirm that your declaration form can be located in their system? I sent my form through Web form, first they confirmed they forwarded it to PR Card Centre, and then they said it couldn't be located in their system. I'm not sure what I can do now:(
Hi Nova,

I'm Chelsea and I am in the same boat with you!

My husband and I first landed in Canada this January, but until now we haven't received our PR card. We filed the Solemn Declaration this March for a new PR card but until now we didn't get any confirmation if the IRCC has received or proceed our Solemn Declaration. (We got confirmation via UPS that the Solemn Declaration was received in April by a guy at the PR card center).

We are currently outside Canada, so the only way we can contact IRCC is via WebForm. However, all the replies via WebForm are so general and no positive inputs were received.

Have you got any update from IRCC regarding your solemn declaration? Could you please kindly share with me if there is any better way to contact IRCC beside WebForm for this matter? I understand that if we don't receive the PR card over six months, we need to re-apply; however, since we are outside Canada, we can't re-apply; so should we await further for IRCC to process the solemn declaration?

Thanks so much!!! Hope you can get your card soon!

Yours faithfully
Chelsea W

novanova

May 1, 2020
Hi Nova,

I'm Chelsea and I am in the same boat with you!

My husband and I first landed in Canada this January, but until now we haven't received our PR card. We filed the Solemn Declaration this March for a new PR card but until now we didn't get any confirmation if the IRCC has received or proceed our Solemn Declaration. (We got confirmation via UPS that the Solemn Declaration was received in April by a guy at the PR card center).

We are currently outside Canada, so the only way we can contact IRCC is via WebForm. However, all the replies via WebForm are so general and no positive inputs were received.

Have you got any update from IRCC regarding your solemn declaration? Could you please kindly share with me if there is any better way to contact IRCC beside WebForm for this matter? I understand that if we don't receive the PR card over six months, we need to re-apply; however, since we are outside Canada, we can't re-apply; so should we await further for IRCC to process the solemn declaration?

Thanks so much!!! Hope you can get your card soon!

Yours faithfully
Chelsea W
Hi Chelsea, they finally sent me a new card two months ago. I didn't get any confirmation that they received my solemn declarations either. I contacted them only through web form and their answer was always the same ("we can't locate your solemn declaration"). I suggest you contact them again to see if you should keep waiting. I believe you can also enter Canada with landing paper through US by car or apply for a travel document and then travel by air.

ChelseaJY

Jun 25, 2018
Hi Chelsea, they finally sent me a new card two months ago. I didn't get any confirmation that they received my solemn declarations either. I contacted them only through web form and their answer was always the same ("we can't locate your solemn declaration"). I suggest you contact them again to see if you should keep waiting. I believe you can also enter Canada with landing paper through US by car or apply for a travel document and then travel by air.
Hi Nova,

Thanks so much for your reply and I'm so happy that you finally received your card!

I understand that I can enter Canada either via US by car or with a travel document by air. However, as my husband and I are applying for a job in Canada, do we need to provide our PR card to prove our PR status? I believe most company would need the physical card for hiring process.

Btw, did you fill in every section of the Solemn Declaration? We didn't fill in "Home Telephone number (Area code and number)", "Business Telephone no. (Area code and number)" and "Ext" under part 2 "Permanent Address" of the solemn declaration, and I'm not sure if it is because these missing parts, our Solemn Declaration was rejected/not properly processed.

It has been over 10 months since our first landing this January, and it almost killed me! Really appreciate your kind inputs!!!

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Any body knows how could send the form through that fax? I tried to fax it but never work through. Fax is faster and more efficient so I hope I can fax the solemn declaration rather than mail it.

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Any body knows how could send the form through that fax? I tried to fax it but never work through. Fax is faster and more efficient so I hope I can fax the solemn declaration rather than mail it.
@Shamrock16 Did you end up faxing it? Did you receive the new PR card?

Rahul_Ram1008

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018

Hey bro. Can you please let me know how did you contact them ?
I couldn't able to find their number or email online. Please let me know. Greatly appreciated. Thanks.