+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send passport to Canada from India ??????

Arti

Jul 31, 2009
Hi all,

My husband who stays at Canada applied for PR before we got married. After marriage he has added my name as a dependent. We have received letter from embassy stating that we need to submitte our passports by the end of August 2009.
I m in India & no courier company is ready to accept the passport to deliver it in Canada. I have gone through this forum, there is an option of giving authorisation letter to person who is going to take ur passport till US or canada.

But currently in my contact nobody is there who is going to Canada or US in 15-20 days and send my passport by mail to my spouse.(As both passports need to submitte together)

So is there any option of tourist visa, on which i can go to Canada, and we will send our passports together to NY.
1.How much time it will take after submitting all the documents?
2.Is it fine if i contact to Mumbai vsf for same?
3.After showing letter from Canadian embassy, is it possible to get tourist visa faster ?
4.Or should i go for single entry visa and how much time it will take?
5.Is it ok if my husband send his passport from Canada to NY with original CHC letter(as he is principle applicant) and i send my passport from Mumbai Vsf with xerox copy of CHC letter)

Please help me out about this ..........

Thanks in advance....

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Hi,

As far as my understanding goes, yes its illegal to send a passport out of the country from India either by mail or courier. My advice would be to request the processing consulate to give a letter to Canadian consulate in Mumbai. You can explain your situation and I am sure they would understand. I feel you getting a visit visa and going for stamping is a long shot.

Looking to see what other members / seniors have to say

Rgds

Max

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

max_lee said:
Hi,

As far as my understanding goes, yes its illegal to send a passport out of the country from India either by mail or courier. My advice would be to request the processing consulate to give a letter to Canadian consulate in Mumbai. You can explain your situation and I am sure they would understand. I feel you getting a visit visa and going for stamping is a long shot.

Looking to see what other members / seniors have to say

Rgds

Max
1. First of all the CHC in Mumbai doesn't have an Immigration section.
2. If you contact Delhi, they will tell you it is your problem to get the passport to the processing office. It is the law of India, and Delhi is not going to help you break it.

PMM

chiri9

Jul 6, 2009
Hi Aarti,
i understood your critical situation, i really dont have much experience in these all but atleast i can adivse you that PLEASE NEVER SEND YOUR PASSPOST TO UNKNOWN'S HAND, ITS REALLY VERY RISKY.

ya regarding stamping and all those thing you directly enquire to cic delhi office and tell them your situation, only then may help you and tell you truth.
right now, mail id is not in my hand but next time i definitely let you know
best of luck, pls let me know about the case

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chiri 9,

when are you planning to travel again to Canada. Hope you have cleared the doubt regarding the stay outside canada and maintaining the PR.
Regards

chiri9

Jul 6, 2009
Dear Wilson,
till not decided but I definitely let you know

bytheway from where are you and what are you doing ?

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
hello Arti,
Just wondering if you were able to send the passport from India to Canada.. I am going through the same face.. I am going to do medicals.. and hoping the ppr in few months.. But my wife is India.. Dont know how to get her passport??

from ur expperience can you help me?
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you need to send the passport from India to Canada? The CHC uses the services of VGS in nine cities across India and Nepal to ease application process for visitors, students, workers and TD for PRs.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/visit-visiter.aspx?lang=eng#a5

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I applied for PR under provincial nominee.. I am here in Saskatoon and my my wife is still in India.. So they normally send passport request to me and I heard from others that I have to gather her passport and sent it to counselate (buffalo) when ppr comes.. If that is the case she have to send passport to me here before

Do you have any alternate options? what is that u r talking about 9 centres in india

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
sinpguy said:
hello Arti,
Just wondering if you were able to send the passport from India to Canada.. I am going through the same face.. I am going to do medicals.. and hoping the ppr in few months.. But my wife is India.. Dont know how to get her passport??

from ur expperience can you help me?
Thanks
(my,spacebar,is,not,working,so,using,commas,pls,try,to,understand)
do,u,want,advice,,,what,i,did?,,i,was,in,UK,my,family,in,india/passports,needed,to,submit,in,india,/i,preferred,to,spend,some,money,took,risky,,long,leave,from,UK,job,and,came,to,india,to,submit,passports,,,it,worked,,in,my,favour...
u,personally,go,to,india,collect,wife'sPP,n,submitt,to,CHC,in,canada,,with,handwritten,letter,mentioning,how,u,got,wife's,passport,from,india,with,ur,wife's,authorisation,letter..it,will,work,,,honesty,pays,,rather,using.unsafe,illegal,ways....

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
To Arti

Excuse me but i really need you help....could you tell me how long did it take after you husband add you as depentent to get PR .because me and my husband we have the same story and just wondering about the time,,,,,??????

Thank you so much!!

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Just received my family's passports today ( sooooo relieved Grin)....My friend brought it without having any problem (my wife had authorized her to carry it)

dutsu

Apr 27, 2013
Dear Arti and others

Sending passport by courier service is allowed and Courier service charge special price for that. But that request has to come from the embassy so that you can inform embassy that you sent passport through ABC courier. However, please discuss the matter with the requesting authority and I am absolutely convinced that Canadian embassy will help you out. Not an issue at all. All the best.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dutsu said:
Dear Arti and others

Sending passport by courier service is allowed and Courier service charge special price for that. But that request has to come from the embassy so that you can inform embassy that you sent passport through ABC courier. However, please discuss the matter with the requesting authority and I am absolutely convinced that Canadian embassy will help you out. Not an issue at all. All the best.
The Canadian High Commission will NOT help you in sending an Indian passport overseas, as it is against Indian law.