+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send passport from India to Canada

Jan 8, 2016
Hi All - Here is the situation.

I applied for PR while I was in Canada and now I am back to India.
I have received request to submit passport to Canada for stamping. However, there is no update in my PR application in my CIC account. I have heard that its illegal to send transport from India via couriers. Can anyone please help me with following?

- Does the passport request generally comes via email? Without any update in CIC account?
- How to send passport to Canada or get the PR file transferred to India for Visa stamping?

Please share any experiences. Thank you!

AJ2015

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront 12-01-2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Yes you can't send ur passport in mail outside ur country. Did u change the mailing address now that u moved back to India...
If not do it right away and request CIC for changing ur visa office to India. Once that is done u can send ur passport to VO in India for stamping. Unless u can re- enter Canada and would like to get the stamping here.

yuzhao

Jan 9, 2016
Hi, I am in the same situation and I am in UK now. I email CIC (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) about this last week but haven't got any reply. However, they asked to mail the documents to them in just 30 days....

Have you emailed to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to inform you situation yet? And if so, have you got any response from CIC now?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yuzhao said:
Hi, I am in the same situation and I am in UK now. I email CIC (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) about this last week but haven't got any reply. However, they asked to mail the documents to them in just 30 days....

Have you emailed to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to inform you situation yet? And if so, have you got any response from CIC now?
1. Different situation, it is illegal to mail passports in/out of India. You are in the UK where there are no such laws. So you can either mail it to Canada or waste time requesting a change of office.

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
eagertraveller said:
Hi All - Here is the situation.

I applied for PR while I was in Canada and now I am back to India.
I have received request to submit passport to Canada for stamping. However, there is no update in my PR application in my CIC account. I have heard that its illegal to send transport from India via couriers. Can anyone please help me with following?

- Does the passport request generally comes via email? Without any update in CIC account?
- How to send passport to Canada or get the PR file transferred to India for Visa stamping?

Please share any experiences. Thank you!
Raise a case specific inquiry online. Then send the passport to New Delhi through Vfs Global.

zenia1888

Dec 2, 2016
hey , can anyone explain me how to send passport in india as i went to india from canada and i got passport request in india.. and how to proceed for case specific inquiry?

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
I was in same situation. I emailed them with all my info and file no that I am in India so please change my visa office to India.I got email in 20 days that visa office is changed so I submitted passport with copy of email and pictures,bio data as requested

Saurabh_PR

Jun 30, 2014
mohd000 said:
I was in same situation. I emailed them with all my info and file no that I am in India so please change my visa office to India.I got email in 20 days that visa office is changed so I submitted passport with copy of email and pictures,bio data as requested
Hi mohd000, Can you please advise in my situation.
I applied PR under CEC from India. I moved to Finland in Jun-2016 and planned to be here for next 3-4 months. I also got the address updated to Helsinki with CIC in June.
I received Ready for Visa email today with instructions to send the passport to New Delhi, Canada Embassy thru vfsglobal.

I enquired with Canada embassy at Helsinki and they said they don't handle immigration cases. Nearest Visa office would be London Embassy.

Should I reply to "Ready for Visa" email and ask them to change my visa office? or somehow I should try to send the passport to India?
Should I just reply as the email came from "IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca or should is end it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa too?
Since it took lot of time to reach at this stage, I am afraid I will lose another 2-3 months with this VO change.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
I have travelled back to India to submit passport thro VFS.

Jul 24, 2020
I am in Canada, and I have received passport request for Temporary Resident Visa from here, and will be travelling to India in a week. Can someone help me on how/where to send my passport now?