+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send LOA after deferral?

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
Lots of people have done that. As long as your application was still in process, the officer will take into account your new LOA once they get it.
Thanks for the info man. I have been so demotivated by my consultant. will i be receiving any email from migration office that they have received my documents? Although, i have received an automated ack (via email) that my enquiry has been generated.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the info man. I have been so demotivated by my consultant. will i be receiving any email from migration office that they have received my documents? Although, i have received an automated ack (via email) that my enquiry has been generated.
You most likely will not, at least not soon. You might eventually get an response after several weeks.

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
Lots of people have done that. As long as your application was still in process, the officer will take into account your new LOA once they get it.
Hi - Actually i have uploaded all the documents along with updated SOP. However, there is one mistake in SOP. I wrote the wrong amount of fee deposited in the SOP. Although i have submitted them the actual fee receipt.
You think this might affect my application?

Thanks

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi - Actually i have uploaded all the documents along with updated SOP. However, there is one mistake in SOP. I wrote the wrong amount of fee deposited in the SOP. Although i have submitted them the actual fee receipt.
You think this might affect my application?

Thanks
You can look in the forum for people that have changed DLI's during an active application and you'll see it's a complicated matter.

As @wonderbly said, VO's should take into account your new LOA submitted via webform when processing your application. The problem is, they don't always do. For example, my wife submitted an updated LOA because she had to defer (same DLI and program though), and her webform was not taken into consideration when issuing her visa.

People in the forum have talked about changing DLI's and not being sure if their Visa was stamped based on their first DLI or the updated one. And honestly, I see no way of knowing for sure, one can only assume based on the criteria of the visa being issued based on the program's end date + 90 days (assuming the programs have different end dates).

Hope everything works out for you but given how complicated everything is when it comes to IRCC, changing DLI during an active application should be avoided (based on other people experiences I've learned from here).

Reactions: wonderbly

J.tee

Aug 6, 2022
Hello,

I have my visa issued and passport has been printed for May'21 intake. However, I couldn't attend classes and has to defer to Sep'21 intake.

How to notify ircc and how to send new loa to them??
If that's not it, what are the steps I need to follow or not follow?
Did you have to reapply for your visa?

Aug 20, 2022
You need to contact IRCC and ask. I think you need to re-apply for the SP since it's will be a whole year deferment (I believe you are only allowed to defer for 150 days without needing to re-apply).
Please do not spread misinformation you just have to update them with new loa through webform if deferment is more than 150 days.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Please do not spread misinformation you just have to update them with new loa through webform if deferment is more than 150 days.
Hello newbie, You need to spend time reading past posts dating back to 2020 for full insight. If you defer for more than 1 year, IRCC can cancel your unactivated SP. It has happened before and can happen again.

And I guessed you missed the part where I said OP needs to contact IRCC directly to confirm.

Mayorbaze

Sep 28, 2022
Hey gents, so I applied for a program meant to start next year April 2023, only for the school to inform me that I’ll need to defer until September 2023 as the class is filled sometime this month. By this time, I had already submitted my application and is currently undergoing processing. Am I supposed to do anything please? And if I get my study permit approved, can I travel before before the start of my program if I want to. Thanks for your help

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey gents, so I applied for a program meant to start next year April 2023, only for the school to inform me that I’ll need to defer until September 2023 as the class is filled sometime this month. By this time, I had already submitted my application and is currently undergoing processing. Am I supposed to do anything please? And if I get my study permit approved, can I travel before before the start of my program if I want to. Thanks for your help
April 2023 - September 2023 is still fine for deferment without needing to do anything.
You ideally should only travel to Canada 4 weeks before your program starts. Any earlier, and you run the risk of being refused entry by CBSA officers.

jesh.247

Oct 19, 2022
Hi! Just want to ask how can I contact IRCC to inform them about intake deferral.

I was supposed to begin my studies in Fall 22 but my SP arrived only mid-Oct, wherein by this time, I have already applied for deferral of my intake date as advised by my DLI. The only available intake for my program is on Fall 23. How can I inform IRCC about my deferral?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi! Just want to ask how can I contact IRCC to inform them about intake deferral.

I was supposed to begin my studies in Fall 22 but my SP arrived only mid-Oct, wherein by this time, I have already applied for deferral of my intake date as advised by my DLI. The only available intake for my program is on Fall 23. How can I inform IRCC about my deferral?
Submit a webform explaining the situation and attach the updated LOA from the DLI.

jesh.247

Oct 19, 2022
Submit a webform explaining the situation and attach the updated LOA from the DLI.
Thank you so much for your reply! Can I send them a webform without an updated LOA yet, just to inform them? What happened to my case is that I couldn't defer to the Winter 2023 Semester due to my program's slot being full. This is why I'll be taking the next available intake which is in Fall 2023. Sadly, the admissions for Fall 2023 begin on December 5, so I'll only get my updated LOA by then...

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply! Can I send them a webform without an updated LOA yet, just to inform them? What happened to my case is that I couldn't defer to the Winter 2023 Semester due to my program's slot being full. This is why I'll be taking the next available intake which is in Fall 2023. Sadly, the admissions for Fall 2023 begin on December 5, so I'll only get my updated LOA by then...
I think you would gain nothing by informing them without an updated LOA. It might be better to wait until December 5 when you receive the new LOA. You can't say to IRCC "I'm going to defer but I don't yet have the new LOA"....

jesh.247

Oct 19, 2022
I think you would gain nothing by informing them without an updated LOA. It might be better to wait until December 5 when you receive the new LOA. You can't say to IRCC "I'm going to defer but I don't yet have the new LOA"....
I understand! Thank you so much for your replies!

omardager

Oct 20, 2022
Hi! I need your help. Has anyone be in this situation?

On June 9, 2022, along with my wife and son, I submitted an application for a study permit for a post degree diploma (PDD)in Business Law from Douglas College, beginning in the fall semester of 2022, specifically on September 6, 2022.

Douglas College required me to submit my study permit approval by July 31, 2022, or decide whether to withdraw or defer my entrance.

Since I did not get a response from IRCC until the deadline, I had to defer my entrance to the program for the fall semester of 2023, since this specific program is only taught in this semester.

Consequently, on August 23, 2022, I obtained a new letter of acceptance (LOA) and notified IRCC with it through a webform uploaded on August 30, 2022. Their response was: “ We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.”

However, the permit was approved with an expiration date of November 30, 2023, and my visa already stamp, which worries me because my program ends on August 31, 2024, according to the new acceptance letter.

What should I do?