+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to respond to question about funds on express entry profile

Kevz77

Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys, I'm in the midst of creating an express entry profile online for the purpose of applying for permanent residence. They have asked the question "How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Kevonnie Whyte bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? (required)". I don't have the recommended 12000 + in my account at present, but I am in a full-time permanent job in Vancouver (not supported my an LMIA) of skill level A and have been working there for one year. In terms of savings in my bank account, I have about $1000 but I have a steady income. Will I be penalized because I don't have the $12000?

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
Hello Kev:

You are a CIC candidate! As per the immigration website we don't need to show proof of funds; Please see below for the information:

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

Just upload a letter saying that you've been invited under CEC and thus, no POF are required.

In my personal case, I am going to do the same.

I hope that helps!