Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Hi seniors

How do I report employers who are accepting workers without proper documentation and not legally able to work in Canada. This particular employer is accepting workers with tourist visa and work permit under different employer. It is but unfair for those workers who are eligible to legally work here.

Please help.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Use the information in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
biz said:
Hi seniors

How do I report employers who are accepting workers without proper documentation and not legally able to work in Canada. This particular employer is accepting workers with tourist visa and work permit under different employer. It is but unfair for those workers who are eligible to legally work here.

Please help.

Thanks!
why would you do something like that? thats just alpha chimpanzee behavior---

Reactions: Utakogirl2013

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jddalove said:
why would you do something like that? thats just alpha chimpanzee behavior---
I think people sometimes report others because they worked very hard to get to Canada legally and make huge sacrifices - and it's hard to see someone else abusing the system and getting away with it when they did it the honest way and are struggling to survive.

For a number of years now I have been acting as a business mentor to newcomers to Canada who were business professionals in their home country and are trying to establish themselves in Canada. Almost all of the individuals I mentored had to look for survival jobs when they first arrived. And more than one has commented to me about the illegal work they saw happening around them and how unfair this was given how much trouble they were having finding a survival job. I'll never forget the time one of these individuals broke down in my office and started sobbing because she and her husband were having difficulty finding basic jobs to make ends meet. It was honestly heartbreaking. So I can absolutely understand why people report illegal workers. And frankly they have every right to.

As for the woman who sobbed in my office, that story ends well. I helped her find a temporary job with one of Canada's big banks. She turned this temporary job into a full time job (by being fantastic at what she did) and life is now great for her family. We keep in contact to this day.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
a bank job is not a survival job...
and abusing the system? how many times the system abuses the people?
dont point fingers at other people for what they got or how they got it,,,focus on your life...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jddalove said:
a bank job is not a survival job...
and abusing the system? how many times the system abuses the people?
dont point fingers at other people for what they got or how they got it,,,focus on your life...
I know what a survival job is. She wasn't looking for a bank job when she was looking for a survival job. She was looking for jobs in convenience stores, 24 hour coffee shops (middle of the night shifts), fast food restaurants, cleaning jobs, etc. It took her around a year to secure the bank job. She had to survive some way in the interim.

The reason I told my story was to provide one rationale regarding why people sometimes report illegal workers.

It seems like this topic makes you extremely angry.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I think people sometimes report others because they worked very hard to get to Canada legally and make huge sacrifices - and it's hard to see someone else abusing the system and getting away with it when they did it the honest way and are struggling to survive.

For a number of years now I have been acting as a business mentor to newcomers to Canada who were business professionals in their home country and are trying to establish themselves in Canada. Almost all of the individuals I mentored had to look for survival jobs when they first arrived. And more than one has commented to me about the illegal work they saw happening around them and how unfair this was given how much trouble they were having finding a survival job. I'll never forget the time one of these individuals broke down in my office and started sobbing because she and her husband were having difficulty finding basic jobs to make ends meet. It was honestly heartbreaking. So I can absolutely understand why people report illegal workers. And frankly they have every right to.

As for the woman who sobbed in my office, that story ends well. I helped her find a temporary job with one of Canada's big banks. She turned this temporary job into a full time job (by being fantastic at what she did) and life is now great for her family. We keep in contact to this day.
Please my wife recently moved to Canada and has been trying to get a desired job as well. She is a professional from her home country and we're going through all you narrated above. Every assistance to get it right will be appreciated. Kindly send your email or contact details to link up if you can help. Thanks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
scylla said:

That's a typical "Toronto" type situation ;D however these so called "illegal" jobs are mostly at gas stations etc which is not your typical competitive market - this is not USA where you can own a business/house w/o even having a passport. Canada is very tough on that and while some employers do give jobs like that, it uber risky and at most time, the person doing is in under bad circumstances - and also taken advantage of.

A tale - I ran a business in Toronto, many moons ago and I shut my store to get some change from the bank nearby. I simply wanted some toonies, loonies, qtrs for a $100 bill - what was supposed to be a 2 min ordeal for a bank teller confused the hell outta this women and resorted to multiple calculations and ended up getting the manager for help. I waited there in shock for 25 mins and all this time I was thinking ( how did you even make it here - who the hell gave you this job ) - this is when the job situation was so tight in Toronto.

I hope it wasn't your lady back in 2003 :eek:

ross lee

May 20, 2014
hello biz,
...do what you have to do in order to protect the integrity of the Canadian immigration system.
Illegal working hurts everyone (Canadians, residents and new comers who are making huge efforts to fit in and make a living). Also, it's very likely that this "employer" hiring illegal workers is also taking advantage of those workers too.

Apr 19, 2020
As mean as this sounds, it is even more mean for someone like me, I immigrated legally and I have been a citizen for over 10 years now, I am working for a company powerwashing for 3 years now, about a year ago one Mexican with a tourist visa started to work here, payed under the table, a year later now, there is only 6 of us legally working and paying taxes, and about 10 more Mexicans that came thanks to his friend all being payed under the table and now I am loosing hours that are going to them, and it just got worst now with the pandemic, our job sites got reduced to one building, so instead of keeping the original 6 legal workers where we all would have still an almost full time job income, everybody is only having a couple shifts a week and no one is getting enough money, and to top it off, since they are getting cash, they dont get taxes deducted, so they get more cash in their pockets to send to Mexico than us to pay our rents and groceries here....I know its tough everywhere, and I feel bad, but it is very unfair for me and my other co workers who have been paying taxes for years and continue to do so, specially in this times, I don’t want to apply for assistance cause I know the system is overwhelmed and I do have a job that actually has enough hours for me to get a full cheque since there only 6 people reported to the CRA, but they don’t know the extra 10 people taking most of that work away....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As mean as this sounds, it is even more mean for someone like me, I immigrated legally and I have been a citizen for over 10 years now, I am working for a company powerwashing for 3 years now, about a year ago one Mexican with a tourist visa started to work here, payed under the table, a year later now, there is only 6 of us legally working and paying taxes, and about 10 more Mexicans that came thanks to his friend all being payed under the table and now I am loosing hours that are going to them, and it just got worst now with the pandemic, our job sites got reduced to one building, so instead of keeping the original 6 legal workers where we all would have still an almost full time job income, everybody is only having a couple shifts a week and no one is getting enough money, and to top it off, since they are getting cash, they dont get taxes deducted, so they get more cash in their pockets to send to Mexico than us to pay our rents and groceries here....I know its tough everywhere, and I feel bad, but it is very unfair for me and my other co workers who have been paying taxes for years and continue to do so, specially in this times, I don’t want to apply for assistance cause I know the system is overwhelmed and I do have a job that actually has enough hours for me to get a full cheque since there only 6 people reported to the CRA, but they don’t know the extra 10 people taking most of that work away....
Do you have a specific question?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/bwl-lsf-eng.html

You can report them. You can also contact your local MP because Mexican citizens have only recently been able to travel without a TRV. There have also been issues with Mexican citizens applying for asylum in large numbers. The eTA/TRV issue is being assessed over the next few years to see if the ETA is a good idea.

Reactions: andymro28

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, how can report an employer that is hiring illegal immigrants that came specifically with the intention to work under the table and are affecting people like me specifically to get enough hours ?
You can send a report to CBSA for working illegally and to CRA for working under the table. It is up to the respective agencies to decide whether to investigate or not.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/suspected-tax-cheating-in-canada-overview.html