+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to renew PR card while working in US

reginian

Feb 11, 2013
My PR card will expire in June. I am currently working in US on a one-year work contact that will end in October.

(1) As the guideline requires that I must be physically present in Canada to submit the PR renewal application, how could I submit my application in this situation?

(2) I can get back to Canada for a few days just for submitting my application. In that case, the address of my signature (a Canadian address) would conflict with my current residential address (a US address). Could this be a trouble?

(3) Since my card will expire before my US work ends, is it possible to request an urgent processing of my case?

(4) The renewal application also requires notified and translated copies of documents that are not in English or French. I am wondering whether this must be done by Canadian organizations or I could also get it done in US (e.g. hiring a US notary and a member of American Translators Association).
?
(5) At last, an old question ... how to reach CIC call center from USA? The '613 944 4000' method does not work via either cell phone or skype. Did anyone contact VISA office in US for questions of PR card renewal?

Thanks so much in advance for any attention.

reginian

Feb 11, 2013
Just one more clue regarding my case ... I lived over 4 years in Canada before I went to US for the work, so I have no problem to meet the Residency Obligations.