mandip

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone
CAN ANYBODY ANSWER ME PLZZ
that is it possible to renew an open work permit after it expired and whats the whole procedure?
I AM UNDER LIVE-IN-CAREGIVER-PROGRAM.
i will submit my PR application in this coming august and i have one job offer after this august for nanny.
SO CAN I APPLY OPEN WORK PERMIT LATER?OR SHOULD I APPLY THIS OWP AT THE SAME TIME WITH MY PR APPLICATION?because i don't need to work anywhere else after two years as i have already signed a new contract with my future employer.
plz guys help me
NEED YOUR ADVICES
many thanxx.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Send you OWP app together with your PR app. It's okay to have a new employer after you have submitted your apps but you can't work with the new employer without a new WP (closed, for your future employer) or your OWP. To apply for WP with the new employer you need LMO from them.

mandip said:
hi everyone
CAN ANYBODY ANSWER ME PLZZ
that is it possible to renew an open work permit after it expired and whats the whole procedure?
I AM UNDER LIVE-IN-CAREGIVER-PROGRAM.
i will submit my PR application in this coming august and i have one job offer after this august for nanny.
SO CAN I APPLY OPEN WORK PERMIT LATER?OR SHOULD I APPLY THIS OWP AT THE SAME TIME WITH MY PR APPLICATION?because i don't need to work anywhere else after two years as i have already signed a new contract with my future employer.
plz guys help me
NEED YOUR ADVICES
many thanxx.

mandip

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi jobseeker
i know...my future employer will provide me LMO and i will apply for a new work permit before join the new employment(under LCP)
BUT THAT NEW CONTRACT WILL BE FROM THIS OCTOBER TO NEXT OCTOBER.
so what will i do after next october(2013) when my contract will over.
THE MAIN THING IS THAT I WISH TO GO TO MY HOME COUNTRY FOR 2 MONTHS AFTER OCTOBER 2013.SO ITS COMPULSORY THEN TO HAVE A LEGAL STATUS IN CANADA.
so at that time my OWP should be valid.
if i will apply my OWP now,(in this coming aug 2012 with my PR application) will it be expired after october 2013?
I KNOW ITS COMPLICATED SITUATION BUT REALLY I NEED YOUR HELP.PLEASE

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Depends on when your passport is expiring at the time you submit your application (usually OWP co-terminus with the passport or four years (?), not very sure of the four years)

mandip said:
hi jobseeker
i know...my future employer will provide me LMO and i will apply for a new work permit before join the new employment(under LCP)
BUT THAT NEW CONTRACT WILL BE FROM THIS OCTOBER TO NEXT OCTOBER.
so what will i do after next october(2013) when my contract will over.
THE MAIN THING IS THAT I WISH TO GO TO MY HOME COUNTRY FOR 2 MONTHS AFTER OCTOBER 2013.SO ITS COMPULSORY THEN TO HAVE A LEGAL STATUS IN CANADA.
so at that time my OWP should be valid.
if i will apply my OWP now,(in this coming aug 2012 with my PR application) will it be expired after october 2013?
I KNOW ITS COMPLICATED SITUATION BUT REALLY I NEED YOUR HELP.PLEASE

ellecram

Mar 8, 2012
hello job_seeker,

I sponsored my wife last year here in Canada and she got an open work permit. Both our work permits will expire this coming June 2012. I know how to renew my work permit and I already got all the requirements needed. I am just confused on how to renew her open work permit, and what are the requirements needed and procedures. I really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi,

Are you in Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker under a skilled type of job? Was she able to obtain her OWP because of you? If you are a skilled TFW then you have to renew your WP first. Once you have your new WP, your wife can send in an application for the new OWP with a copy of your WP as part of the supporting document.

ellecram said:
hello job_seeker,

I sponsored my wife last year here in Canada and she got an open work permit. Both our work permits will expire this coming June 2012. I know how to renew my work permit and I already got all the requirements needed. I am just confused on how to renew her open work permit, and what are the requirements needed and procedures. I really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance :)

ellecram

Mar 8, 2012
hello job_seeker,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, i am a foreign worker under low-skilled category. She came here in Canada under spousal visa and got an open work permit and we both work in the same company. So i need to apply for the renewal of my work permit first and, later on after it gets approved then she could apply for her as well? Do you have an idea what are the requirements and the procedures to renew her open work permit? Thanks once again.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Am not aware that spouses of low-skilled TFW are eligible gor OWP. But if your wife came under spousal visa and was able to obtain her OWP, then a copy of your WP is what she needs to attach to her application for the OWP.

ellecram said:
hello job_seeker,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, i am a foreign worker under low-skilled category. She came here in Canada under spousal visa and got an open work permit and we both work in the same company. So i need to apply for the renewal of my work permit first and, later on after it gets approved then she could apply for her as well? Do you have an idea what are the requirements and the procedures to renew her open work permit? Thanks once again.

Spireh

Feb 22, 2012
hi job_seeker,

my girlfriend has a similar situation. Her work permit expires in June 2012; she already received a positive LMO a few weeks back.

A little background: she finished her Bachelor's degree and has been employed for over a year (not in her field of study) and was recently promoted to management position -both prior to LMO.

My question is about the Job Offer letter. Should it be
1. the original job offer (September 2010),
2. promotion letter (October 2011),
OR
3. a new offer with additional details?

Thank you :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The LMO/contract/letter of promotion plus the usual, old WP, bio page and marked pages of the passport.

Spireh said:
hi job_seeker,

my girlfriend has a similar situation. Her work permit expires in June 2012; she already received a positive LMO a few weeks back.

A little background: she finished her Bachelor's degree and has been employed for over a year (not in her field of study) and was recently promoted to management position -both prior to LMO.

My question is about the Job Offer letter. Should it be
1. the original job offer (September 2010),
2. promotion letter (October 2011),
OR
3. a new offer with additional details?

Thank you :)

leonice

Mar 23, 2012
Hi !
I read in your post that you sponsored ur wife under spousal visa. I think you are the one who can answer these questions running on my mind..I would like to have my common law spouse to come here in canada too.Im a live in caregiver, not PR yet. My questions are:
1. Are you an Open work permit already when u sponsored her?
2. U said, she got her open work permit approved. Spousal visa is the TRV right?did u mean she applied open work permit and TRV at the same time? If yes, what application form she used for the open permit?
3.what country she applied from and how long did it take for the whole processing?OWP and TRV?
Please, please your answer will be highly appreciated..thanks in advance!

leonice

Mar 23, 2012
Hi ellecram,

i forgot to ask also what are the supporting documents your wife included in her application for OWP and TRV?how about her funds? did she undergo an interview? please i really need your help..thanks thanks

mimsy

Mar 26, 2012
Work permit and Working visa will expire soon under (LCP)

I've completed my 24 months under Live in caregiver I've sent my OWP/PR Application last April 2012, Do i need to extend my work permit cause it will expire july 2012 and working visa will expire on june 2012 ? I need your advice pls! Thanks in advance... God Bless!

leonice

Mar 23, 2012
HI ellecram,

I got a reply from someone that LIC(live -in caregiver) cannot apply for OWP for their spouses because of low skilled job category..but you mentioned that you are under low-skilled category and ur wife was able to get OWP..I wonder what is your job? I got an reply too from the canadian immigration on general enquiries asked them if I'm eligible to get my spouse under SOWP, told them that I'm a caregiver and they answered me like this: Your spouse must apply in manila,etc..i'm really confused.hope you will help me out and answer me soon.pls..thank you