+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to remain in Canada, extend to BWOP in my situation?

broiler

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
I'm planning on submitting my App for residency end of may/ start of June. My work permit expires end of September 30th, what steps should I take in order to extend my work permit (BWOP) to remain in Canada to save spending plane tickets back to my home country.

winter_love

Jan 2, 2013
Lets say you apply for PR in June. It normally takes about 40 days to receive AOR, so you have plenty of time to send in your application for BWOP. Worst case scenario, AOR gets delayed. You could send in the BWOP application anyway, along with a cover letter asking the processing officer to delay making a decision until you've had a chance to forward them your AOR.

Good luck.

broiler

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
winter_love said:
Lets say you apply for PR in June. It normally takes about 40 days to receive AOR, so you have plenty of time to send in your application for BWOP. Worst case scenario, AOR gets delayed. You could send in the BWOP application anyway, along with a cover letter asking the processing officer to delay making a decision until you've had a chance to forward them your AOR.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, so would I be eligible for implied status in that situation? I'm pretty confused with how implied status works, do we actually stay in Canada or flagpole etc.

I don't want to stay in Canada illegally thinking I'm on implied status. Also I'm not sure what to do about plane tickets.

winter_love

Jan 2, 2013
Yes, as long as you send in your visa application before the old one expires, you're under implied status until they make a decision.