+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to provide proof of funds for study permit?

kokopuff

May 9, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am a student from the Middle east, who is looking for ways to provide proof of financial support on my application. GIC doesn't apply to me, and the banking system in my country is unreliable (nobody essentially uses it). My family owns a few properties and both my parents are physicians.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I am a student from the Middle east, who is looking for ways to provide proof of financial support on my application. GIC doesn't apply to me, and the banking system in my country is unreliable (nobody essentially uses it). My family owns a few properties and both my parents are physicians.
IRCC won't accept property as proof of funds for a study permit.

You need to find some way to show an actual bank balance that covers first year tuition and $10K in living expenses.

Maybe mention which country you are living in and perhaps others will have suggestions / solutions for showing funds to support your studies.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
You can actually open a bank account with the Canadian banks.
They allow you to deposit money from overseas, you can then use that as your proof of funds for study permit application purposes.

kokopuff

May 9, 2022
You can actually open a bank account with the Canadian banks.
They allow you to deposit money from overseas, you can then use that as your proof of funds for study permit application purposes.
Yes, I've read this from the list provided on the official website. However, would sanctions effect my chances of being able to open an account? Do you recommend any banks?

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Yes, I've read this from the list provided on the official website. However, would sanctions effect my chances of being able to open an account? Do you recommend any banks?
Only the Canadian banks can answer you that.

Since you have concerns that might hinder your opening of an account, you need to check with each major bank, and see if they will be accepting of your account opening.

If any bank is ok with you opening an account, you should just take it. Beggars can't be choosers.

kokopuff

May 9, 2022
Only the Canadian banks can answer you that.

Since you have concerns that might hinder your opening of an account, you need to check with each major bank, and see if they will be accepting of your account opening.

If any bank is ok with you opening an account, you should just take it. Beggars can't be choosers.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I've missed any banks. From my research so far, they do not take applications from my country.