+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prove your relationship genuineness to visa officer for spouse visitor visa.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Hello,

I am here in Canada since last 1 year on work permit(sponsored from my company).
I recently got married 2 months back, for which I traveled to my country India.
After my marriage I applied for my wife's dependent visa request through my company for her dependent visa and I returned back to Canada.

Now, my wife's dependent visa has been rejected by stating below reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I provided all the documents asked by visa filing team from my organization, which included

All requested forms by Canadian government i.e. (IMM5257, IMM5645, IMM5713)
Invite letter for my spouse
Medical reports
Marriage certificate
Marriage photographs(8-10)
My financial status in Canada.
My current living details
All my company documents WP copy etc.

I want to understand, what could be the reason of rejection, and If someone has the same kind of experience what did they do as further steps. Is there any option I can ask if I can provide any specific documents So that visa officers get confidence.

Note: After some discussions with friends and googled information, above mentioned reasons states that visa officer doesn't believe the genuineness of your relationship/marriage.
So would like to know what kind of documents or something else which can be used to justify your marriage/relationship is true.

If someone has any similar kind of experience, Can you please help Thanks.

Thanks.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello,

I am here in Canada since last 1 year on work permit(sponsored from my company).
I recently got married 2 months back, for which I traveled to my country India.
After my marriage I applied for my wife's dependent visa request through my company for her dependent visa and I returned back to Canada.

Now, my wife's dependent visa has been rejected by stating below reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I provided all the documents asked by visa filing team from my organization, which included

All requested forms by Canadian government i.e. (IMM5257, IMM5645, IMM5713)
Invite letter for my spouse
Medical reports
Marriage certificate
Marriage photographs(8-10)
My financial status in Canada.
My current living details
All my company documents WP copy etc.

I want to understand, what could be the reason of rejection, and If someone has the same kind of experience what did they do as further steps. Is there any option I can ask if I can provide any specific documents So that visa officers get confidence.

Note: After some discussions with friends and googled information, above mentioned reasons states that visa officer doesn't believe the genuineness of your relationship/marriage.
So would like to know what kind of documents or something else which can be used to justify your marriage/relationship is true.

If someone has any similar kind of experience, Can you please help Thanks.

Thanks.
For sure the first reason is not questioning how genuine your relationship is, in fact it is doing the opposite. It is saying that they do not believe your wife will go back because her ties (you her spouse) is stronger ties to Canada than her ties to India. Does she have a job? Property? Something that would ensure that she would return at the end of her stay?

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
For sure the first reason is not questioning how genuine your relationship is, in fact it is doing the opposite. It is saying that they do not believe your wife will go back because her ties (you her spouse) is stronger ties to Canada than her ties to India. Does she have a job? Property? Something that would ensure that she would return at the end of her stay?
Thanks for your reply.
But if that is not the case of relationship authenticity, then it should be more easy for visa officers.
I am here in Canada on my work-permit with validity date, as soon as my WP gets expired I will also go back to my country.
And we raised dependent visa for her that itself means anyway she can't stay more than my work permit expiration date.
It is just for whatever period I am here, She can accompany me.

On documents side, Yes she is doing job and same was mentioned on her documentation also.
We don't have anything like property or land anything on her name. What else we can use to ensure that we would return after my work-permit expiry.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Any suggestion or experience which type of documents can be used to prove your strong family ties in your home country in my case. I am already in Canada on my work-permit, and just want to take my spouse here till my WP validity.
As first rejection reason is because of based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your rejection has nothing to do with the genuine status of your marriage and everything to do with not showing reasons why she must leave Canada at the end of a visit.

The visa officer is concerned she will overstay with you and not leave Canada.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Your rejection has nothing to do with the genuine status of your marriage and everything to do with not showing reasons why she must leave Canada at the end of a visit.

The visa officer is concerned she will overstay with you and not leave Canada.
If that is the case, it's more problematic I would say.
If a country is accepting a person on work-permit, and rejecting there dependent visa application, just based on the thinking that they may stay here forever.
I mentioned in my forms that she will be here only till the time my work-permit is applicable.
I can understand, in past people might have find some ways to stay back in Canada, but how I can justify my case to visa officer.

What should I present to vo as documentation so that they allow my wife to come here as my dependent. Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks for your time and responses.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If that is the case, it's more problematic I would say.
If a country is accepting a person on work-permit, and rejecting there dependent visa application, just based on the thinking that they may stay here forever.
I mentioned in my forms that she will be here only till the time my work-permit is applicable.
I can understand, in past people might have find some ways to stay back in Canada, but how I can justify my case to visa officer.

What should I present to vo as documentation so that they allow my wife to come here as my dependent. Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks for your time and responses.
Having your wife come to Canada is not a guarantee. There is no such thing as a dependent visa.

You can apply for a work permit for your wife. If approved, then she should be able to get a visa (if the TRV is not issued concurrently).

To get a tourist visa to come to Canada, she must prove she has reasons and ties to leave Canada at the end of her stay.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Are you applying for an OWP or TRV? You should be applying for an SOWP.
This time it was applied as TRV through my company which was categorized as Dependent visa since I am already here in Canada.
How is SOWP(Spouse Open Work Permit) different from normal OWP? and how it will be beneficial for me to apply.
Thanks for suggestion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This time it was applied as TRV through my company which was categorized as Dependent visa since I am already here in Canada.
How is SOWP(Spouse Open Work Permit) different from normal OWP? and how it will be beneficial for me to apply.
Thanks for suggestion.
Since you were living in Canada and your wife wants to remain in Canada the TRV was correctly refused because she was not a temporary visitor. The lawyer shouldn’t have applied for a TRV in the first place. There is also no such thing as a dependent visa. The SOWP is just an OWP but is regularly referred to as a spousal OWP. If you want your spouse to remain in Canada with you that is your only option even if she doesn’t want to work. It is unclear when your work permit is ending but if it is ending soon an OWP may not be issued.

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Thanks canuck78 and all others for your suggestions.
In order to continue on my case I mentioned above refusal of visitor visa for my spouse.
I applied for GCMS notes to get more details on it and below details I received in response. Could you please help me to understand it more clearly.

Below are some key-points mentioned in report:
Visa category: TRV
Counterfoil category: V-1
Restoration: N
Restricted Notes: No
High Profile: No
Purpose of Visit: Other
Other Description: Accompanying Spouse.

ADMISSIBILITY REQUEST(S):
MED: No
VIT34: No
VIT35: No
VIT37: No

Many more sections referring different offices and events.

Again both reasons as mentioned in refusal letters are highlight in this report also:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

And in last page, I could see one Notes(seems this one only explaining refusal reason in details, No other details I could found in complete report).

"Assessment note prepared by New Delhi officer and entered into GCMS by OSC. I have reviewd the application. Given family ties or ecnomic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to there home country. The applicant's purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented. Weighing the factor in this application. I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Fot the reasons above I have refused application."

Could you please provide your feedback on it. What could be the actual reason and how should I approach further on this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks canuck78 and all others for your suggestions.
In order to continue on my case I mentioned above refusal of visitor visa for my spouse.
I applied for GCMS notes to get more details on it and below details I received in response. Could you please help me to understand it more clearly.

Below are some key-points mentioned in report:
Visa category: TRV
Counterfoil category: V-1
Restoration: N
Restricted Notes: No
High Profile: No
Purpose of Visit: Other
Other Description: Accompanying Spouse.

ADMISSIBILITY REQUEST(S):
MED: No
VIT34: No
VIT35: No
VIT37: No

Many more sections referring different offices and events.

Again both reasons as mentioned in refusal letters are highlight in this report also:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

And in last page, I could see one Notes(seems this one only explaining refusal reason in details, No other details I could found in complete report).

"Assessment note prepared by New Delhi officer and entered into GCMS by OSC. I have reviewd the application. Given family ties or ecnomic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to there home country. The applicant's purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented. Weighing the factor in this application. I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Fot the reasons above I have refused application."

Could you please provide your feedback on it. What could be the actual reason and how should I approach further on this.
First you should apply for SOWP. Would make sure you provide documentation that you are in a genuine relationship. It is very hard to comment because you applied for the wrong thing.