+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Prove Sponsor's Intent to Return to Canada

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I've searched through the boards and found the following suggestions. If anyone used other ways, please do let me know. Thank you.
  1. Flight itinerary for tentative return date
  2. Canadian bank account, property, etc.
  3. Proof of job searches (emails with recruiters, history of internet search)
  4. Proof of rental search
  5. Letter from family/friends that are willing to host us after returning
  6. Quotes for freight to Canada
  7. Notice periods required for current work/apartment ("Include the steps that are needed to leave the place where you are residing currently - how many months in advance you need to give notice for your work, or for the place you are renting etc.")
  8. Proof of discussion about return ("If you have been discussing coming back to Canada with family or friends, print out emails that show that.... etc! anything that proves that you have seriously started thinking about moving back")
  9. Letter of intent to return ("We included a signed covering letter that went through the steps my partner, the sponsor, had taken and will take once my PR is in place. They included job search (emails and names of websites used), Canadian bank account, property, e-mails with family and friends discussing our move, etc.")

Reactions: Bagofnails

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Hi I had to write and provide same documents to prove my intent to return to Canada. I had friends and family write letters and also screenshots of web search of employment and rental places. Also provided a copy of my account w a bank in Canada. Its tough to provide specific documents since you don't even know if the application is approved and if so when you will be going back. Hope this helped! Good luck!

Reactions: jdCanadian

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi I had to write and provide same documents to prove my intent to return to Canada. I had friends and family write letters and also screenshots of web search of employment and rental places. Also provided a copy of my account w a bank in Canada. Its tough to provide specific documents since you don't even know if the application is approved and if so when you will be going back. Hope this helped! Good luck!
Thanks Ruqayya1979, that does help. Did the CIC say that was enough?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi, was the screenshots and letter enough to prove intent? We will also add a letter form a friend where we arranged to live and rent a basement once we arrive. Also will provide letters from both our employers (since we disclosed our intention to move to Canada). TIA :)