+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prove i exited Canada to enter again?

Vianasam

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, i had a valid 6 months work permit and entered Canada to work.

My father died and i had to get out of Canada, i left and i still have the plain ticket to prove it, but no exit stamps on my passport.

I stayed out of the country until the work permit expired, i only worked in Canada for one week.

Now i wish to travel to Canada again with a valid LMO and all the rest of the documents, in a completely legal situation.

The question is: Will they give me another work permit without any problems for me if i prove to them i got out by showing them the airplane tickets?

What other documents would you suggest?

I was there legally and i got out legally and i intend to get back legally. What do you think?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What about stamp of your entry to your country? Boarding passes should work, keep them and show as proof of exit from Canada.

Vianasam said:
Hi, i had a valid 6 months work permit and entered Canada to work.

My father died and i had to get out of Canada, i left and i still have the plain ticket to prove it, but no exit stamps on my passport.

I stayed out of the country until the work permit expired, i only worked in Canada for one week.

Now i wish to travel to Canada again with a valid LMO and all the rest of the documents, in a completely legal situation.

The question is: Will they give me another work permit without any problems for me if i prove to them i got out by showing them the airplane tickets?

What other documents would you suggest?

I was there legally and i got out legally and i intend to get back legally. What do you think?

Vianasam

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, thank for replying. I have all the receipts from the traveling agency where i bought the plane ticket in Canada, i have the airplane boarding pass, etc.
My home country (Portugal, European Union) does not stamp the entry because the entry was done by a fully automated system, my passport is electronic.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So you don't need a visa to enter Canada. Show your boarding pass then when you re-enter. You should not have any problem obtaining your WP at POE.

Vianasam said:
Hi, thank for replying. I have all the receipts from the traveling agency where i bought the plane ticket in Canada, i have the airplane boarding pass, etc.
My home country (Portugal, European Union) does not stamp the entry because the entry was done by a fully automated system, my passport is electronic.