+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Prove Canada experience

SonuJ

May 28, 2019
Hello -

I have prior work experience in Canada with a previous employer from Nov 2007 till feb 2011. I am no longer with the same employer and am employed with some other firm for the last three years. What all documents do I need to prove my Canada Experience ?

a) Will T4 be sufficient ? I have reached out to CRA and inquired about getting the T4 slips.
b) Will I also need experience letter from my previous employer detailing my Canada Stay ?

Regards,
SJ

SonuJ

May 28, 2019
Thank you

For Reference letter - I believe I can get it from a colleague who was earlier working with me over there. But how do CIC authenticate the dates. Reason am asking is that in my case it is a very cut to cut scenario. I left canada couple of months before end of 2010 but then came back again in two months in 2011 and worked tehre for another two months. How will I prove all this gap and all and more importantly how will CIC authenticate all these dates ? I just want to be prepared with the documentations(or otherwsie) if I know what all they would require and consider.

Regards,
SJ

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Hello -

I have prior work experience in Canada with a previous employer from Nov 2007 till feb 2011. I am no longer with the same employer and am employed with some other firm for the last three years. What all documents do I need to prove my Canada Experience ?

a) Will T4 be sufficient ? I have reached out to CRA and inquired about getting the T4 slips.
b) Will I also need experience letter from my previous employer detailing my Canada Stay ?

Regards,
SJ
I have read somewhere, the experience should be within 3 years to claim Canadian experience. I am afraid you were talking about 2011

SonuJ

May 28, 2019
I have read somewhere, the experience should be within 3 years to claim Canadian experience. I am afraid you were talking about 2011
'....within last 3 years.....' - I believe that qualifies you for 'Canadian Experience Class'. Without that if it was in previous 10 years, you qualify for Federal skilled work. I mean thats what I know from what I read somewhere over internet. I think I read that in a response to one of my questions earlier on this forum.

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
'....within last 3 years.....' - I believe that qualifies you for 'Canadian Experience Class'. Without that if it was in previous 10 years, you qualify for Federal skilled work. I mean thats what I know from what I read somewhere over internet. I think I read that in a response to one of my questions earlier on this forum.
So your experience is counted as FSW, but still your FSW is reaching to 10 years time duration

SonuJ

May 28, 2019
So your experience is counted as FSW, but still your FSW is reaching to 10 years time duration
Yes - I was working from Nov 2017 till end of 2010 and then couple of months in 2011. So i guess I still get points for at least one year of experience in Canada. Is that correct ?