+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to process and how long, what are the requirements.

Ginarose

May 26, 2024
How to sponsor a relatives to Canada like, i want to sponsor my niece. But i am a PR holder and waiting for my canadian citizenship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How to sponsor a relatives to Canada like, i want to sponsor my niece. But i am a PR holder and waiting for my canadian citizenship.
Most likely not possible.

How old is your niece? Is your niece an orphan with both parents deceased?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
she's 25 years old now. and she's not an orphan. she will be coming her to study and work.
Are you single? Do you have any children yourself? Are both of your parents deceased? Do you have any other family in Canada?

Most likely she will need to apply for a study permit and pay international student fees in order to be able to study in Canada. She or her parents will need to show a fairly significant bank balance to be approved.

Ginarose

May 26, 2024
Thank you Scylla for your response. I am married to a Canadian and no i do not have a kids and my parents are deceased. Her mother is my sister. My husband sponsor her and her partner last year for student visa but its denied, its says that, they might not going back to Philippines once she finish her 2years course. You know 100 percent sure they are going back to Philippines because our family is there we are a big family. and Philippines is a beautiful country my husband love it there. so can she reapply as a student Visa or what better for her a working visa ? She's a caregiver grad. in Philippines. I need somebody to give me a advised from the IRCC. Thanks very much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla for your response. I am married to a Canadian and no i do not have a kids and my parents are deceased. Her mother is my sister. My husband sponsor her and her partner last year for student visa but its denied, its says that, they might not going back to Philippines once she finish her 2years course. You know 100 percent sure they are going back to Philippines because our family is there we are a big family. and Philippines is a beautiful country my husband love it there. so can she reapply as a student Visa or what better for her a working visa ? She's a caregiver grad. in Philippines. I need somebody to give me a advised from the IRCC. Thanks very much.
No one here can give you advice from IRCC. No one here works for IRCC.

It is not possible for you to sponsor her for PR.

One option is to apply for a study permit again. She will need to strengthen the application and address the reasons why she was refused the first time.

Obtaining a work permit as a caregiver is currently a very long process (around 3 years). If she wants to try to get a work permit as a caregiver, the first step is to find an employer in Canada who is willing to hire her and go through the work permit process.

Ginarose

May 26, 2024
Okay, thank you so much for your advice. and your right i don't need ircc to advice me, because you just did it. thank you for your help. I truly appreciated. have a great day.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does your niece have a common law partner/spouse? If so, your niece must take a Masters/Phd prorgram for partner to be eligible for a work permit.

rosabishop

May 17, 2024
Unfortunately, as a permanent resident (PR) waiting for citizenship, you can't directly sponsor your niece for permanent residency in Canada. Sponsorship is usually for spouses, parents, and children. However, your niece can explore options on her own like becoming a skilled worker or applying through a provincial program.