How to prepare FUND for Masters program

Mishu199

Apr 11, 2018
dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
New
Hello,
I have got my offer latter with scholarship (40%) in masters program. I have $27,000 CAD in my account. yearly I'll be needing almost $20,000 (without scholarship deduction). I wanna show my parent's as my sponsor (coz of tie). Dad retired and mom housewife. But they have both movable and immovable assets. In this case what papers to prepare and show?? Can anyone give me some ideas?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Try need to show liquid assets for proof of funds. You can also show property deeds, pension funds, etc but those will unlikely or are impossible to sell to sponsor your education. It will show that the family isn't depleting all their assets.

Mishu199

Apr 11, 2018
dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
Hello,
Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm a masters student (2 years). I will be needing $20,000 per year(course fee + living cost and everything). I have few questions:
1. Is it mandatory to submit 2 photos with application. (Coz this was not been mention on checklist Singapore)
3. I'm working in Bangladesh, So do i need to provide previous job Exp. details (certificate) from those companies i had worked previously?
4. How to explain my study GAP? ( BSc 2007)
5. Regarding Proof of sufficient fund:
a) I need to show my BANK account details of savings (I have 18 Lac BDT, it's $27,000 CAD?)
b) My father is retired and mom is a house wife (Father has bank savings 14 Lac(CAD $2100), Land property and flat. On other hand mom has post office savings 29 Lak BDT (CAD$ 44,000 fixed that money for 5 years) and Land property . Under this scenario, How can i prepare or show my fund? I have NO siblings.
6. How can i show my Summarize financial plan? (Will it be for one year or two years)
7. will i show my parents as my sponsor or self-Sponsor? (How can i use all of our money to make my fund stronger)
8. Can i show my parents as my main sponsor and use my bank savings too? ( what will be appropriate and effective)

Please give me your thoughts on this issues.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your mother's funds are locked in for 5 years so they are not accessible. Where are you going to school? The cost of living in many cities are above $10000/year. As long as it makes sense for career advancement your study gap is not a big deal.

Mishu199

Apr 11, 2018
dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
She can withdraw her money anytime she want (Is accessible). It's a postal servings bond (From Post office in Bangladesh) that she bought with her money. I have got scholarship, that's the reason for the low cost (Tuition fees $4500 a year or Less) and it's a university (not a school). My research (invention) is funded by the university.

I don't need to show or submit papers from my previous employers ? (Job Exp.)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No you don't need to show proof from your job in your student visa application. Yes you shouls show both your financial resources and your mother's resources while indicating that you can make your mother's assets liquid at any time. You need to show property deeds and approx value for your parents. If you are planning on studying this fall I would get your application in as soon as possible. Posted times are just estimates and there are a lot of international students applying especially for the fall term.

Mishu199

Apr 11, 2018
dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
I have applied for spring semester and my class with start 5th May 2018 (Not Fall semester). I have already evaluate my parents assets by a CA farm for both movable and immovable assets.

Yes, I have to show my job exp. certificates or else my study gap will remain in question.

I have already did my medical to reduce time. Do you think one month is enough time to get reply from the VISA office with result? The CIC.CA website shows the processing time is 3 weeks.