+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prepare Cuban marriage licence for CIC?

lambchop

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
I am a Canadian citizen (living in Ontario) marrying a Cuban national in Cuba at the end of April, 2012. We are aiming to file the immigration application with CIC as soon as possible upon my return to Canada. As such we have been preparing and organizing as much of the application as we can in advance.

As for preparing our Cuban marriage licence to file with CIC, is there anything we need to do other than have it translated into English or French? For example, do I need to bring it to the Cuban Consulate or Embassy in Canada for processing?

Muchas gracias.

gleyva

May 22, 2012
lambchop said:
I am a Canadian citizen (living in Ontario) marrying a Cuban national in Cuba at the end of April, 2012. We are aiming to file the immigration application with CIC as soon as possible upon my return to Canada. As such we have been preparing and organizing as much of the application as we can in advance.

As for preparing our Cuban marriage licence to file with CIC, is there anything we need to do other than have it translated into English or French? For example, do I need to bring it to the Cuban Consulate or Embassy in Canada for processing?

Muchas gracias.
Hi! I just saw your post, so sorry this is a bit late. But I married my Cuban husband in January and submitted our paperwork in February. If you have any other questions about the process, please let me know.

lambchop

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Thanks, Gleyva. Our application has been in the long queue at CPC-M since early last week. We're hoping that processing times speed up in the weeks ahead. Your file should be sent to Havana pretty soon. I'd be keen for updates as to how it is moving along. Wishing you a very swift and smooth process! Mucha suerte.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
You guys should both check out cubaamor.org. They have a few people going through the sponsorship process and they are all comparing timelines. Suerte!

lambchop

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Muchas gracias, mc1234.

Ellycat47

Sep 12, 2012
Hi there! I'm new here but I need all the help and advice I can get!! Will be discussing marriage with my Cuban soulmate very soon...heading to be with all my familia on Sept 28...I need to know the steps I have to take here before we actually get married (possible March 2013)...there seems to be so much conflicting info out there so any help from those who have been through the process would be so helpful!! Muchas Gracias a todos!

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Hi Ellycat,

It has been a while for me for this step but here's what i can remembler:

You need your long form birth certificate (some people say short is fine, but I've heard some people have gotten refused with this, I personally got both when I went back and requested it)

Have you been married before? If yes you need proof of your divorce, if not you need proof that you are in fact single from the government and never married.

Your husband needs the same documents from Cuba.

Your documents need to be translated into spanish. There are a few places you can get this done but i've heard that it's best to get it done at the Cuban Embassy, because it will be the way that the Cubans want it to be.

Anyone else can add to this thread, that's all I remember doing (not that all this was an easy feat to begin with... But you have a loooong list of papers to look forward to-- ;D)

If you don't get an answer here , I would recommend the Havana, Cuba thread, where everyone there as gone through it and perhaps their memory is better than mine.

It IS a confusing and long process but all worth the wait when you get to the finish line. Just stay strong and keep your head up!

:)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Ellycat47 said:
Hi there! I'm new here but I need all the help and advice I can get!! Will be discussing marriage with my Cuban soulmate very soon...heading to be with all my familia on Sept 28...I need to know the steps I have to take here before we actually get married (possible March 2013)...there seems to be so much conflicting info out there so any help from those who have been through the process would be so helpful!! Muchas Gracias a todos!
hey Ellycat47.....join our Havana, Cuba thread and we can all answer your questions there no problem........!!!! ;D