+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to postpone medical (My wife is pregnant)

Zapchae

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
As my wife's regular doctor won't let my wife go through chest X-ray, I need to postpone the medicals.

1) Has anybody done it before? Which email address should I send the request to?

2) And is it better idea to do all the test except for her chest X-rays? As far as I know, the medical won't be sent to CIC until we get full test.

Thanks for the help!

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Zapchae said:
As my wife's regular doctor won't let my wife go through chest X-ray, I need to postpone the medicals.

1) Has anybody done it before? Which email address should I send the request to?

2) And is it better idea to do all the test except for her chest X-rays? As far as I know, the medical won't be sent to CIC until we get full test.

Thanks for the help!
Simply just send an email to CIC that your wife is expecting and the month when its due. They will hold your application until then. Do not worry it's normal a lot of people had the same situation before and the all got extension till the due date.

Hellinfy

Apr 6, 2011
Toronto , Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
25-03-2014
Med's Request
RPRF paid - 28-03-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront -14-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
Congrats on her pregnancy!! Cosider looking into other threads related to this as well..i believe there were many in your suitiation.
P.S : I am not able to post links

Good Luck!!

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Zapchae said:

Thanks for the help!
Just send a letter from doctor to local embassy where your wife processing is going on letting them know that you wife is pregnant and expected date of delivery is so and so...I did the same thing last year and now after my wife delivered we received a letter to do re medicals...Nothing to worry...Good luck

Zapchae

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Thank you my friends for helpful comments!!

I really appreciate it.

I have looked into other related threads too. :)

We are going to deliver a baby here in Canada.

So I should postpone whole medical for myself and my wife? or do everything except for my wife's x-ray?

;D

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Zapchae said:
Thank you my friends for helpful comments!!

I really appreciate it.

I have looked into other related threads too. :)

We are going to deliver a baby here in Canada.

So I should postpone whole medical for myself and my wife? or do everything except for my wife's x-ray?

;D
You have no choice other than to postpone the medicals..CIC does not accept medicals with doing half tests and not doing X ray....You need to do complete medicals to be accepted by CIC.....You can carry with your medicals and postponed your wife....Good luck

Alberto945

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 23-03-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 Finally
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

Question 18: Pregnant
If a female applicant is pregnant, record the date of the last menstrual period as well as the expected date of delivery.

A woman of reproductive age should be asked the date of her last menstrual period to assess whether or not she is pregnant. Should the possibility of pregnancy exist, and after appropriate counselling, the applicant should determine whether she wishes to undergo chest x-ray examination or to defer it. The decision is totally the applicant's and no recommendation should be made by the DMP.

If the applicant declines to undergo a chest x-ray on account of the pregnancy, then a chest x-ray should be obtained and submitted after delivery, even though this will delay the IMA process. If the applicant elects to undergo an x-ray examination, abdominal shielding must be used.

A radiologist must assess the chest x-ray for both general radiologic findings and specific findings related to tuberculosis. The radiologist must complete subsections 3, 4 and 5 of the Chest X-ray Report, providing amplifying comments when indicated. DMPs and radiologists should understand that for Canadian immigration purposes, lesions which could represent inactive tuberculosis are of particular interest, even if they are of minimal current clinical relevance.

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
Zapchae said:

Thanks for the help!

X-ray is mandatory for Medical . I had a same situation . You can proceed with X-ray with the shield . Generally They will reduce the intensity of rays so it would be fine .

I did for my wife and we had no issue . Everything was ok after delivery . Hope it helps .