+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to pickup work permit

Four404

Aug 5, 2020
I recently got my post-graduate work permit approved but I was told that it will be issued to me upon my arrival in Canada. The problem is, I expected them to mail it because I applied from within Canada and I never left the country. So I'm not sure how I am supposed to get my permit.
Should i go to one of their offices? I live in Ottawa but will be moving to Windsor in less than 2 weeks so I might be able to go to the border there and pick up the permit. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Flagpoling is not allowed.

You need to fly back home, quarantine for the appropriate number of days imposed by your government, then fly back to Canada.

Four404

Aug 5, 2020
Flagpoling is not allowed.

You need to fly back home, quarantine for the appropriate number of days imposed by your government, then fly back to Canada.
I can't fly back home because there are no flights. Besides, I haven't left the country in 4 years. Is there a reason they couldn't mail me the permit?

Fatemeh2019

Aug 19, 2020
I can't fly back home because there are no flights. Besides, I haven't left the country in 4 years. Is there a reason they couldn't mail me the permit?
If you apply from inside Canada, you will receive it by mail. Mine was approved on May 1, 2020 and it was mailed to my friend place early August!
You can send a web form to IRCC and explain the situation and give them a new address. I did the same and gave them the address of my friend place.