+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to obtain special permission to leave canada without PR Card

camus

Sep 30, 2008
I have received my landing visa from the canadian embassy in brazil and will be arriving in canada in a week. I want to travel back to Brazil a week later ( ie a week within my arriving in Canada) for personal reasons. I will obviously not have my PR card by then. I have heard it takes 4-6 weeks to get it. Can I get special permission before I leave Canada, to be able to re-enter, or will that permission (is it called a travel document?) be granted only by the Canadian embassy in Brazil?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get a travel document if your PR card expires while you are outside the country, that is the only one I know of. Whose address are you giving to get your PR card mailed to? Can somebody there have it fed-ex'd to you in Brazil?

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
You can get a visitors visa on return from egypt cic office. 2ndly if you know you will be back before 6 months. you could have asked to be sent to immigration control at airport and collect it on return - this is only if u did not have an address but you will still need a visitors visa after u leave canada. otherwise get it couriered to u