+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to manage timeline for sponsorship application for dependent child

canpak7860

Jul 8, 2010
Hello
I am PR card holder. As my dependent child was born outside Canada, I filed sponsorship in 2009. Since I left Canada after filing application; ineligibility was declared and my case was moved to CHC Islamabad. Now I am planning to resubmit case in September 2010 and will like to have an assessment done for my eligibility. Is there any possibility if I can get new eligibility and can relate with older file?
The only objective is to save time. I don’t want that I have to wait for minimum nine months for evaluation / finalization of cases at CHC Islamabad.
Please help me in knowing how I can minimize timeline?
Regards

I

iarblue

Your old app must be filed as complete with immigration first before you can reapply.So if they sent you the confirmation that the old file was closed you can reapply.And as for the timeline we gave it to you but,PMM said for children that are minors it could be 4 months or less.

canpak7860

Jul 8, 2010
Many thanks,

Please elaborate for my understanding regarding your statement: "Your old app must be filed as complete with immigration first before you can reapply".

Cam I request CHC Islamabad to hold decision for next two to three months until the time I provide with my eligibility from CPC.

Pls advise what to state so that they can be flexible.

Best regards

I

iarblue

They wont hold anything,sorry you will have to withdraw and reapply or if it is refused then you need to wait for the letter saying the file was closed.They wont let a decision stand till you are ready to do what you have to do.
Go to Canada and reapply,but you must stay in Canada as a PR until the decision and visa is given to your child.
There is nothing you can write to them to hold a file while you head back to Canada.They will just inform you to reapply.