+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO LINK AN APPLICATION TO CIC ACCOUNT - STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION

Abimsexy

May 5, 2023
This message is not related to the linking of the application but to the account access. As you said, you created a new account so this is not the issue. You have to link your application to your new account.

It's unclear what do you mean. Your partner application and your application are two different applications or you refer to a single application where one of you is sponsor and another is primary applicant (PA). If later, you you have to link the application using PA information only. You can't link using sponsor's data.

If you are talking about two unrelated applications - then you need to provide more information about your application.
What kind of application, when submitted, what communication have you received already etc.
We applied for a temporary visa and we applied together in my account

Abimsexy

May 5, 2023
I have opened a new account, I managed to linked my partner’s application to the new one but I can't linked mine. We actually applied together TRV

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Now I seem to understand. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with TRV and this is a Family Sponsorship section. so much of information is related to that type of applications.

I would refer you to the TRV section of the forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/ as there may be someone with more experience.

Other than that, you have to find your old forms that you have provided in 2021 and verify that everything you entered matches exactly. Try using registration data that is less error-prone: UCI, application number and passport number as was indicated on forms and correspondence you have received so far. I've seen problems when linking an application using place of birth and family name.

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Someone from a different thread adviced me to make a new gc key, i tried this plus writing place of birth exactly as shown in the passport instead of the passport number and it worked

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Do we have to wait for the AOR in order to link PR application submitted through the PR Online Portal? Or it can be done immediately?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Reactions: CA_Immigration_Noob

Peace2023

Star Member
Feb 14, 2023
Does it matter to whose account the application is linked? If it is linked to the Sponsor's IRCC account will all the communication go there properly?

danger52

Nov 15, 2023
Do I have to link to GCkey account to the Spousal application submitted via new IRCC Portal (i.e: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login)? The guidelines for linking mention that its for paper submissions only.

Also on IRCC Portal, I created the account under my Spouse's name (Principle applicant) and I am her Representative as well.
My GCkey account is created on my name. Do i need to create a new GCKey account under my SPouse's name (Principle applicant)