+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Leverage Experience which as mix of self employment and job experience?

ThangLadd

Oct 14, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I joined this forum few minutes ago and i already feel welcomed here!. Thanks in advance to each one of you who have made this forum so popular and into a go to site for reliable opinions and suggestions from fellow PR applicants to Canada. I am from India and super excited to apply for PR in Canada

My issue is very specific to my work experience. I had to quit my job to start on my own. Basically i am a civil engineer with PG in Environmental Engineering. My work experience largely involved implementing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) norms as per the enactment to the eligible companies and preparing sustainability reports and vetting them based on my role. This also involved preparing reports,conducting corporate training on reducing carbon footprint and environmental/social impact on local communities by the companies.

After i quit i still do works related to Environmental Engineering by issuing sufficiency certificates of sewage treatment plants(STP) to Municipal Corporation on behalf of the clients/applicant organisation who are constructing commercial and residential complexes having these STPs. Besides this I also sell on online (consumer goods) after importing goods from China/SE Asia.

For this kind of eclectic mix of experience that i possess, what are the prospects of getting jobs in sustainability or CSR or Environmental Impact Assessment for me in Canada?

PS:completed ECA through WES,who have given PG equivalency for my degree and secured 8.5/8.0/7.0/7.0 in L/S/R/W in IELTS with overall 7.5 band, this month.

Last edited:

ThangLadd

Oct 14, 2019
You should look at the various Professional Engineer organizations. Your job role will probably require that you get licensed as a professional engineer.

Here's Ontario - http://www.peo.on.ca/index.php/ci_id/2057/la_id/1.htm

Each province has its own.
Thank you for the reply, but i need to disclose that i am from India and P.Engg can be applied by me only after i complete 1 year of professional experience in Canada. This is anyway the goal of any Engineer once he/she lands in Canada to be taken seriously. Thank you one again anyways

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Engineering jobs are extremely less, but better to try than give-up.

Anyways, I dont think you would make point cut-off, check province nominations and get an invite first.