+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to land in your province of nomination directly?

cartoonnetwork

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Dumb question, let's say I have an onward ticket to SK from Toronto or Vancouver from my home country. Would it be a problem with the immigration officer?

Am I supposed to purchase a flight ticket that directly takes me to my province of nomination?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you have been nominated by SK you need a ticket to show to CBSA if asked preferably a through connection ticket from home country with a final destination of a city in SK.

Some cities/provinces in Canada simply do not have direct international flights from outside Canada so will always be necessary to transit via somewhere else, Toronto or Vancouver for example which being the first POE would be where immigration formalities are completed. For any connection the advice generally is to allow at least 3 hours to complete an immigration landing.

Do not make the mistake of a recent poster who it seems was nominated for MPNP but on landing assume in Vancouver admitted to CBSA intention was to settle in BC, CBSA promptly cancelled his COPR and gave the person a date to leave the country

cartoonnetwork

Star Member
May 27, 2019
If you have been nominated by SK you need a ticket to show to CBSA if asked with a final destination of a city in SK.

Some cities/provinces in Canada simply do not have direct international flights from outside Canada so will always be necessary to transit via somewhere else, Toronto or Vancouver for example which being the first POE would be where immigration formalities are completed. For any connection the advice generally is to allow at least 3 hours to complete an immigration landing.

Do not make the mistake of a recent poster who it seems was nominated for MPNP but on landing assume in Vancouver admitted to CBSA intention was to settle in BC, CBSA promptly cancelled his COPR and gave him a date to leave the country
I felt so bad for him. You do everything right and still something like that could create a big problem.

Thanks!