+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO KNOW THE LOCAL OFFICE?

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Hi all,
Is there anyway to find out which is the local office that your citizenship is processed (other than calling and inquiring) ?. I mean online... I couldn't find anything relevant when I clicks the "In Process" link - just says the file is transferred to the local office.
Btw I stay in Brampton

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GIAWM said:
Hi all,
Is there anyway to find out which is the local office that your citizenship is processed (other than calling and inquiring) ?. I mean online... I couldn't find anything relevant when I clicks the "In Process" link - just says the file is transferred to the local office.
Btw I stay in Brampton
Well well well, you said "In process says file is transferred to local office". Thats news to me unless you applied quite a long time ago and the status updates used to reflect that.

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
This is what it says...
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 5, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 12, 2013.

// and the following is the definition of 'In Process' in CIC website... //

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's an old system that CIC can't be bothered to update and is misleading.

Only way to find out if your file has been transferred is to call CIC and ask the question - "On what date was my file transferred to the Local Office". Don't ask has my file been transferred as you will get a 'Yes' today, a 'No' tomorrow, a 'its on its way there' the day after!!

To know your local office - tends to be the same office as the major urban area/ city you reside in but some like GTA have multiple offices - again ask CIC the question.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
I don't think you get your "local" office all the time. I live in Scarborough and my file was sent Glen Erin, Mississauga. The Scarborough office is very close. I guess even St. Clair too. I met a lot of people at Glen Erin who lived way east and were surprised to be sent there.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suenim said:
I don't think you get your "local" office all the time. I live in Scarborough and my file was sent Glen Erin, Mississauga. The Scarborough office is very close. I guess even St. Clair too. I met a lot of people at Glen Erin who lived way east and were surprised to be sent there.
Just to confirm this, I live around 8 minutes walking distance to Glen Erin Mississauga office, and my file was transfered to Scarborough which is 40 km away.