+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to know address is changed for PR card

Kami23

Jan 25, 2015
Hi
My address was changed after point of entry but before getting PR.
I used case specific form to let them know about change in my address but I have not received any confirmation.
How can I know that my address is updated in their system so that they send PR card to correct address.

Regards

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
If you access your record online through the CIC site, you'll see an address section. It shows the address info CIC has on file.

Kami23

Jan 25, 2015
I am extremely sorry but I am unable to find my address after I log in to CiC.

I don't want to sound dumb but would really appreciate if you can guide me where to find the address on cic site

Kami23

Jan 25, 2015
When I called the call center, it was automatic tape and just asking to press buttons. When I pressed the button for change of address, they told me to do online. So still not know if address is updated in system or not.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
To talk to an agent you're supposed to press 0, if I recall correctly. But the option comes a bit later. So don't be quick to run thru the options.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Kami23 said:
When I called the call center, it was automatic tape and just asking to press buttons. When I pressed the button for change of address, they told me to do online. So still not know if address is updated in system or not.
Yeah, instead follow the options to get to PR card applications and then there'll be an option to talk to an agent, who will verify/update your address.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kami23 said:
I did check the same and came across strange thing told by the agent- You cant change address on PR card if you already have it and there are 2 reasons-
1. PR card doesnt have address on it. So no need to update.
2. Card was issued and your file is closed, until and unless your file is open (card yet to be issued, lost card) no need to update the address.

u0905191

Sep 26, 2016
Hi
My address was changed after point of entry but before getting PR.
I used case specific form to let them know about change in my address but I have not received any confirmation.
How can I know that my address is updated in their system so that they send PR card to correct address.

Regards
Hi Kami23,

Can I ask whether your address was successfully updated through webform? Did you receive your PR card in your new address? Thank you.