+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to keep citizenship???

Hotsnows

May 16, 2013
I'm sponsored to canada as a spouse in 2005. I became a Canadian citizen in 2010. In 2012 I got a little argument at work with someone who came from the same country like me. Is it possible if she reports the immigration for my marriage was fraud so immigration can revoke my citizen? She knows me, and she knew that I'm divorced. So she might make me in trouble, as right now I don't have any document or proof for my marriage was bona fide. I'm divorced in 2011. I don't have kid from my marriage. If immigration sends me a letter to appeal, what can I do or fight in court to keep my citizen? I want to sponsor my future husband to come to canada but I'm scared about that, I'm scared that immigration got the report but keeps quiet till I send a sponsor document or else, then they start to take action.

Thank you for your replies, hope all of you give me the right answers.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hotsnows said:
I'm sponsored to canada as a spouse in 2005. I became a Canadian citizen in 2010. In 2012 I got a little argument at work with someone who came from the same country like me. Is it possible if she reports the immigration for my marriage was fraud so immigration can revoke my citizen? She knows me, and she knew that I'm divorced. So she might make me in trouble, as right now I don't have any document or proof for my marriage was bona fide. I'm divorced in 2011. If immigration sends me a letter to appeal, what can I do or fight in court to keep my citizen? I want to sponsor my future husband to come to canada but I'm scared about that, I'm scared that immigration got the report but keeps quiet till I send a sponsor document or else, then they start to take action.

you were married from 2005 to 2011. So no one can prove that the marriage was fake.. it is good 6 years marriage was in good standing... you do not need to worry

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hotsnows said:
I'm sponsored to canada as a spouse in 2005. I became a Canadian citizen in 2010. In 2012 I got a little argument at work with someone who came from the same country like me. Is it possible if she reports the immigration for my marriage was fraud so immigration can revoke my citizen? She knows me, and she knew that I'm divorced. So she might make me in trouble, as right now I don't have any document or proof for my marriage was bona fide. I'm divorced in 2011. I don't have kid from my marriage. If immigration sends me a letter to appeal, what can I do or fight in court to keep my citizen? I want to sponsor my future husband to come to canada but I'm scared about that, I'm scared that immigration got the report but keeps quiet till I send a sponsor document or else, then they start to take action.

CIC isn't going to take any action against you based on the word of some random woman.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What she wants to do is called a poison pen letter and these are usually not taken too seriously by immigration. Even if, since you stayed married for 6 years after getting PR, that is proof enough that it was not a marriage of convenience.

You tell this woman that if she makes false claims to CIC about you, you will sue her for false accusations and defamation of character and she will be in trouble with both immigration and the police.

Now I have no idea if you actually can but it is no more far fetched than her claim that she can get you deported by claiming that you committed marriage fraud. Throw that at her and see what happens.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Leon. Tell the woman to stop her bullshit, shut the heck up or else... (then list the threats that Leon wrote).