+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to go for pr in saskatchewan

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
I'm planning to pursue certificate course for 33 weeks in Saskatchewan at SIAST.
My questions are:
1) The work that you do while working, will that be counted as your work experience (Talking in reference to the work outside campus after initial 6 months )?
2) So when do you apply for the student work permit? (2 sub-questions)
> For working off campus permit after first 6 months? (which month should this permit be applied after starting of course )
> For working anywhere else permit (1 year permit = course duration), when your course is complete and college gives you successful completion acknowledgement then? (this probably has to be applied before ending of course, right? because otherwise you would be deported back to your country on completion? so when to apply for this work permit)
3) Also if you have been working for 960 hours=6 months (completed) then when should you apply for the extension of permit or pr if possible?
and when applied for how fast does it gets processed?

Please answer all the questions .... these are like the broken links of knowledge in my mind whose answers i seek to find to be at peace in Canada, Saskatchewan.
All these questions are because a friend of mine is there in Saskatchewan. He is there since 3 years still working at McD's because no PR. He A/F PR but the office closed and then his application was moved to some place else. I'm an IT professional and i don't wanna get there and be stuck in a McD's or KFC waiting for this PR.

AdorableJat

Star Member
May 28, 2012
your are going very legal side .,,not even a guy in CIC can answer that.,,.,exact date no way,,.haahhaha.,.you just have to go with the stream.,.,
it just a gamble.,but if you are doing any certificate or diploma ur part time work hours will be considered in 960 hours.,

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
u have 90 days after completion of studies for application of PGWP :)

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
networksingh said:
I'm planning to pursue certificate course for 33 weeks in Saskatchewan at SIAST.
My questions are:
1) The work that you do while working, will that be counted as your work experience (Talking in reference to the work outside campus after initial 6 months )?
2) So when do you apply for the student work permit? (2 sub-questions)
> For working off campus permit after first 6 months? (which month should this permit be applied after starting of course )
> For working anywhere else permit (1 year permit = course duration), when your course is complete and college gives you successful completion acknowledgement then? (this probably has to be applied before ending of course, right? because otherwise you would be deported back to your country on completion? so when to apply for this work permit)
3) Also if you have been working for 960 hours=6 months (completed) then when should you apply for the extension of permit or pr if possible?
and when applied for how fast does it gets processed?

Please answer all the questions .... these are like the broken links of knowledge in my mind whose answers i seek to find to be at peace in Canada, Saskatchewan.
All these questions are because a friend of mine is there in Saskatchewan. He is there since 3 years still working at McD's because no PR. He A/F PR but the office closed and then his application was moved to some place else. I'm an IT professional and i don't wanna get there and be stuck in a McD's or KFC waiting for this PR.
Hey networksingh....i am planning to apply for siast too for 33 week certificate course for sept 13 intake....can you tell me which course are you applying and have you applied....thanks reply soon and be in touch :)

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
AdorableJat said:
your are going very legal side .,,not even a guy in CIC can answer that.,,.,exact date no way,,.haahhaha.,.you just have to go with the stream.,.,
it just a gamble.,but if you are doing any certificate or diploma ur part time work hours will be considered in 960 hours.,
thanks mate at least you know about something ;)

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
1bal said:
u have 90 days after completion of studies for application of PGWP :)
okay but the course is of like about eight month so you tell me that I'm still gonna be having 90 days after course completion within my student visa?

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
moneywater said:
Hey networksingh....i am planning to apply for siast too for 33 week certificate course for sept 13 intake....can you tell me which course are you applying and have you applied....thanks reply soon and be in touch :)
I'll be going for Computer Network Technician if i can get my hands on that....

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
networksingh said:
I'll be going for Computer Network Technician if i can get my hands on that....
i am planning for the same course....can you tell me your education background.. i have done btech in electronics and communication.

have you applied for the course??

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
moneywater said:
i am planning for the same course....can you tell me your education background.. i have done btech in electronics and communication.

have you applied for the course??
not yet i'm looking for more provinces as well.... i have done Bachelors in Computer Applications and I'm a CCNA and CCNP route

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
networksingh said:
not yet i'm looking for more provinces as well.... i have done Bachelors in Computer Applications and I'm a CCNA and CCNP route
wow ..great...nice profile..umm......won't it create problem if we choose certificate course (siast one) after degree.....coz mostly certificate courses are done after 12th in canada...will it effect the visa.....reply soon :)

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
moneywater said:
wow ..great...nice profile..umm......won't it create problem if we choose certificate course (siast one) after degree.....coz mostly certificate courses are done after 12th in canada...will it effect the visa.....reply soon :)
no i don't think so.... i already have offer from centennial

adi9771

Aug 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
14-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013.
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
networksingh said:
no i don't think so.... i already have offer from centennial
offer from centennial ??? means... ?? din get you??

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
networksingh said:
okay but the course is of like about eight month so you tell me that I'm still gonna be having 90 days after course completion within my student visa?
For 8 month course, u will get visa for more than one year. approx 1.5 yrs. You have to complete your course in that period, If u failed to do so, you can extend your visa. after successful completion of your course your can apply for PGWPP of duration same as your course duration

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
1bal said:
For 8 month course, u will get visa for more than one year. approx 1.5 yrs. You have to complete your course in that period, If u failed to do so, you can extend your visa. after successful completion of your course your can apply for PGWPP of duration same as your course duration
if i apply for visa in march for sept course...will i get visa from march/april .... or from august....??

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
moneywater said:
if i apply for visa in march for sept course...will i get visa from march/april .... or from august....??
For each intake theres is time specified, when CHC accept files

U can't apply in march for Sept intake, June july august can be your choice :)