+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get seized documents?

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Hello you all guys hope are doing well , I create this thread to know how to get back the documents that were seized by CBSA when I claimed refugee, I know I can't use my old passport due to I'm permanent resident by refugee... but I want to get them just to have them as a memories from my past.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Hello you all guys hope are doing well , I create this thread to know how to get back the documents that were seized by CBSA when I claimed refugee, I know I can't use my old passport due to I'm permanent resident by refugee... but I want to get them just to have them as a memories from my past.
Just go directly to 6900 airport rd (if you claimed refugee status from the airport) entrance 93. Take the PR and the driver’s license with you. You will get it within an hour. I did that today and I was very surprised how was that easy and regretted I didn’t do that when I got my PR card instead of calling and sending them many letters.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just go directly to 6900 airport rd (if you claimed refugee status from the airport) entrance 93. Take the PR and the driver’s license with you. You will get it within an hour. I did that today and I was very surprised how was that easy and regretted I didn’t do that when I got my PR card instead of calling and sending them many letters.
Others have been asked to make an appointment and refused so I would suggest emailing unless going to the office is not inconvenient and you know you risk not receiving your documents.

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
What about the 5343 Dundas St W #3, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5 location? Any one have experience going to this location?

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Hello,
I'm a rejected refugee claimant (appeal also rejected), and a PR applicant (I applied through my husband who is a protected person). After I get my PR can I use my old passport and travel to my home country? Because my refugee claim was not accepted I should be able to travel to my home country and use my passport, right?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,
I'm a rejected refugee claimant (appeal also rejected), and a PR applicant (I applied through my husband who is a protected person). After I get my PR can I use my old passport and travel to my home country? Because my refugee claim was not accepted I should be able to travel to my home country and use my passport, right?
Does your husband has different nationality?

Reactions: elkapelka

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Incorrect. The rules of protection does not apply on the dependents of a protected person.
Thanks for clarification and correction. I was wrong to make that determination. I went through 12.3 Jurisdiction to Decide Application to Cease document, it provides exemption to family members. I guess i was confused with associate claimant

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Hello everyone, please has anyone been able to get their Passport back recently especially from Etobicoke.