+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Qatar PCC

Suprabha

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hi, I'm sort of in a similar situation. I'm on visit visa and they r not willing to provide Qatar PCC. As you've obtained PCC on visit visa it would be great if you could explain in detail the steps in obtaining the same. Your response is much awaited. TIA.
Hello all, Wanted to let you all know that, with regards to Qatar PCC on a visit visa, you can approach CEID and request them by taking along all the supporting docs, like passports and ITA. They are quite helpful and my application for PCC while still on Family Visit Visa has been accepted. Hoping to get PCC soon.

Reactions: BaNana82

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Is there no way to write to CIC as it's website shows Qatari ID to be submitted as one of the documents. I am looking for CIC email id, where I can highlight this and confirm. Will appreciate your help in getting me the email id.

immigrant_pulsar

Dec 29, 2017
Hello All,

after looking at the suggestions in the thread i visited the CIED office in salwa road. However, the officer was not able to help me much on this. He informed me that since no finger prints are collected during visit, they cannot add this to our PCC. The only thing he said he can help me with was to go to immigration and get the first entry certificate. This he said can be added to the PCC. This doesnt make a big difference to the PCC though.

Nishant.
Can you please share how did you go about it finally. I've got my Qatar PCC but it only covers the period for which I had work visa / RP and does not include the time frame of my earlier visits (3 of them) which were on visit/business visa. I am not in Qatar anymore. Would this PCC and an explanation through LOE work in this situation?
Thank you in advance.

Suprabha

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Is there no way to write to CIC as it's website shows Qatari ID to be submitted as one of the documents. I am looking for CIC email id, where I can highlight this and confirm. Will appreciate your help in getting me the email id.
Could you please elaborate your question ? Why does CIC ask you to submit Qatar ID? It is just a scan copy that you have to submit. You will have one if you were in RP in Qatar.

Suprabha

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Can you please share how did you go about it finally. I've got my Qatar PCC but it only covers the period for which I had work visa / RP and does not include the time frame of my earlier visits (3 of them) which were on visit/business visa. I am not in Qatar anymore. Would this PCC and an explanation through LOE work in this situation?
Thank you in advance.
I'm not sure how much this will work, but you can try emailing the CEID dept in Qatar and try to explain the situation. Else ask someone that you know here in Qatar to request by visiting CEID in person. You can ask them to include your non-RP dates, though they might give you a separate PCC for that period. Email id of CEID: ceid@moi.gov.qa.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Guys i have been to the CIED office multiple times in Qatar. They cant help much for people who have been on multiple visit visas to Qatar. The officer told me that since i entered and exited the country, they cannot issue me a PCC for that time frame. He said the max he can do for me is to add my last entry date in Qatar (after which my visit got converted to work permit) as starting date of my PCC. However, for me it wont make a difference as that is only 20 days while the period i spent on Visit visa to Qatar was 10 months,

i submitted my docs after ITA along with a LOE. lets see how it goes.

Finally, for new applicants i suggest you add the visit period as visit on your travel history. for most people you would already have a PCC (albeit different time periods) but that should be ok i guess. this is what most of my friends have told me to do and this is what they did.

However, my situation was different as i had already show this period as stay in Qatar in my first profile so i wanted to continue that way to avoid any red flags.

Nishant.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Could you please elaborate your question ? Why does CIC ask you to submit Qatar ID? It is just a scan copy that you have to submit. You will have one if you were in RP in Qatar.
HI..

On the CIC website, there is a requirement to submit the Qatari ID. Which means you should have been a PR of that country. In the case of visiting the country on visit visas, there will be no such document.

Is there any way we can talk to the CIC folks and inform this?

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Guys i have been to the CIED office multiple times in Qatar. They cant help much for people who have been on multiple visit visas to Qatar. The officer told me that since i entered and exited the country, they cannot issue me a PCC for that time frame. He said the max he can do for me is to add my last entry date in Qatar (after which my visit got converted to work permit) as starting date of my PCC. However, for me it wont make a difference as that is only 20 days while the period i spent on Visit visa to Qatar was 10 months,

Finally, for new applicants i suggest you add the visit period as visit on your travel history. for most people you would already have a PCC (albeit different time periods) but that should be ok i guess. this is what most of my friends have told me to do and this is what they did.

However, my situation was different as i had already show this period as stay in Qatar in my first profile so i wanted to continue that way to avoid any red flags.

Nishant.
Did you try to share this information via email to CIC? I have discussed this issue with so many folks, apparently it seems that mostly PR holders are able to get the PCC. For those with visit visas, I have not seen any case yet, where people visiting the country multiple times on visit visa were able to get PCC for that period.

If any case, please can you text me?I'm worried and concerned how to get PCC from Qatar.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017

Nishant.
Please can you update me - I have a similar issue.

All visits made to Qatar was on visit visas.I will need PCC for the entire period probably. Your thoughts?If they don't entertain such requests..what can I do ..will appreciate your guidance.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
No I have never had Qatar ID. I carried copies of my passport including the pages that had the visa stickers (the ones stuck on your passport at airport immigration when you enter the country). Also you need a passport-sized photo. For my case they picked the period where I stayed in Doha the longest. At the CEID office if you get the right officer he will take care of everything.
Pls help me understand...so they did not provide you for full period instead picked randomly the longest period..

Does the PCC cover full visit days?

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Does cic needPCC to cover complete period of stay? What if I didn't stay continuously instead lived monthly but left country im 28 th day of each month.

The current situation is that the officer says he would count only last visit and not complete.

Will this be objectionable to cic?

NabeelAshraf

Jan 20, 2018
I got a PCC on a visit visa. I had to go to CEID to the inside office. There's an officer called Jamal who speaks English and can help you. You will need to indicate 2 visits that add up to 6 months to be included in the PCC. The bureaucratic structure in Qatari government offices is quite rigid that you need to be there in person to push the right person. Going through the embassy will only frustrate you for nothing. If you have the ability just fly back into the country and follow it up yourself because if your file lands in the hands of an officer that can't be bothered to follow a procedure out of the norm they will probably just discard it.
Can you please tell how many days it took for you to get the PCC. If someone travels to Qatar on visit visa with the only objective to get the PCC, how many days he should expect to stay in Qatar for the complete process.
Many thanks for your feedback.

BaNana82

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
Can you please tell how many days it took for you to get the PCC. If someone travels to Qatar on visit visa with the only objective to get the PCC, how many days he should expect to stay in Qatar for the complete process.
Many thanks for your feedback.
Apologies for the late reply. I went during Eid so it took me around a week. It should take around 3 business days ordinarily

Reactions: NabeelAshraf