+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Passport back from foreign consulate for urgent travel

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
My husband is currently in Canada with me, and received an e-mail that the Beijing consulate wants his Passport ( for PR)

He isn't scheduled to go back to China until Jan ( he got here yesterday and i haven't seen him in 4 months).
Anyways we are curious if we send the passport in the mail if customs will open if and might realize is in Canada and has a second passport they will cancel his Chinese passport. Big problem because one he'll lose his chinese passport 2. they can't issue a PR for a void passport making him kinda homeless with no where to even go and no PR. ( the second passport was bought through legal channels of investment immigration|)

The other thing we wanted to know is if we do send it and everything is good he obviously needs this passport back to go back to China in Jan can we request the passport back in time for him to go? How do we make this request?

I posted this in the other area but i find this area much more knowledgeable

TIA

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Chinapeach said:
My husband is currently in Canada with me, and received an e-mail that the Beijing consulate wants his Passport ( for PR)

He isn't scheduled to go back to China until Jan ( he got here yesterday and i haven't seen him in 4 months).
Anyways we are curious if we send the passport in the mail if customs will open if and might realize is in Canada and has a second passport they will cancel his Chinese passport. Big problem because one he'll lose his chinese passport 2. they can't issue a PR for a void passport making him kinda homeless with no where to even go and no PR. ( the second passport was bought through legal channels of investment immigration|)

The other thing we wanted to know is if we do send it and everything is good he obviously needs this passport back to go back to China in Jan can we request the passport back in time for him to go? How do we make this request?

I posted this in the other area but i find this area much more knowledgeable

TIA
I have absolutely no idea about requesting his passport back, but I can honestly say I have NEVER heard of another passport being 'PURCHASED' legally .... if your government didn't issue it, it's not a legal passport as far as I know, so be careful with that.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why doesn't he just got to China with his PRC passport get his PR Visa and return for landing? It shouldn't be a long trip and eliminates any complications that may arise with his 'second' passport.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why couldn't he send his PRC passport to his relatives/friend in China and have them to redirect the passport to the Beijing consulate?

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
He decided to just send it and hope for the best.
We do know it made it to the consulate, but when we'll get it back is in the air. We did include a letter but who knows. The last time we applied to PR he was able to request his passport back when he needed to travel for business then send it back to the consulate when he was done. But Last time we also paid for a lawyer to do the immigration so all this transpired through them, so we don't know how they did that.

You can purchase a passport through economic citizenship legally from 2 countries St Kitts and Nevis ( about $350 000) and Dominica ( which cost more and requires more visas to travel). It's very legal and popular in China and other countries with many restraints on traveling. Not all countries have the right to purchase this passport though i believe Iran, Afganistan and some other countries are excluded from being able to purchase such passports.