+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get OHIP when Open work permit granted but hasn't been received through mail

gsyxxx9

Sep 19, 2018
Hi all,

I was granted Open work permit on Aug 8. In the email from Government, they are saying it may takes 6 weeks to be received.
Now it is Sep 19, almost the end of 6 weeks and I haven't received anything yet. Maybe the mail has been lost and it may takes a few more weeks to be re-mailed.
At the same time, my OHIP expires on Sep 3 and I have an Doctor appointment booked next week. Just want to know whether there is a way for me to get the OHIP .

Thanks,

gsyxxx9

Sep 19, 2018
I was temporary visitor using work permit for 3 years, as it became expiring, so I apply during may.

gsyxxx9

Sep 19, 2018
Just wondering, can I go to border to get work permit and visa reissued. Some one told me he got first time work permit issued on the same day.
But I am not sure whether I can do that, as my visa expired the same day with my previous work permit and the new work permit and visa haven't been received after 6 weeks (probably lost during mailing process).

gsyxxx9

Sep 19, 2018
I studied Master degree in Canada and get open work permit 3 years ago. As my old Work permit expire on Sep, so I applied extension on May and got approved on Aug 8. However, It has been around 8 weeks and I still haven't received my work permit yet. Not Sure whether it is due to the Canada Post strike. I am not sure what to do as both my old visa, old work permit, ohip and SIN number expired.In other word, I was stuck here, cannot travel, and without medical service. I've tried to call CIC 20 times, every time it goes to automatically answered phone call and hang up.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I studied Master degree in Canada and get open work permit 3 years ago. As my old Work permit expire on Sep, so I applied extension on May and got approved on Aug 8. However, It has been around 8 weeks and I still haven't received my work permit yet. Not Sure whether it is due to the Canada Post strike. I am not sure what to do as both my old visa, old work permit, ohip and SIN number expired.In other word, I was stuck here, cannot travel, and without medical service. I've tried to call CIC 20 times, every time it goes to automatically answered phone call and hang up.
Were you on PGWP? There are no extensions on a PGWP.