Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
AAL1984 said:
I still think the system is flawed. The program will likely be very corrupt and full of fake job offers etc..
I agree

Cubiscus

Jan 28, 2015
People outside on Canada, don't feel so bad! I'm working in Canada, have an employer happy to sponsor me but because of the LMIA system I can get the points on EE.

It’s a ridiculous system that’s trying to cram everyone down one route despite them being completely different.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I think people need to relax a bit. Canada has not decided to refuse altogether the people who do not have a PNP or job offer with LMIA.

It is just that they are given preference at the moment (and i don't see why they shouldn't be since it is kind of harder than immigration to find a decent job in your own profession and settle for an average case).

I agree that this ITA system has put those into difficulty whose permits are about to expire and they cannot extend their status.

However, it is a question of some months and draws after which the majority of intake would be the people without job offers.

The argument supporting this thought again is the figures. Canada targets around 250k total in take for 2015 - roughly 50k FSWs, 12K or so CECs, and similar proportions to other categories.

There is no way you can go beyond a fraction of that number (may be 10-15% max) with LMIA based jobs.

It sounds ridiculous when some people complain LMIA being prone to abuse and at the same time claim it is really hard to get that for themselves even when they have a legitimate job in Canada. It can't be both things at the same time.

The truth is, obtaining LMIA is really hard and time consuming, harder than LMO used to be, at the moment. And it is intentional too since CIC only wants an employer to use that as a last resort when they truly didn't find Canadians with those skills.

So just hold on for a while guys. Your patience would pay off, if you score decently otherwise.

At the same time, this accelerated processing looks much attractive to those who have been here a while and on very skilled roles although it certainly has affected some people badly e.g. those brought here as researchers on LMIA exempt jobs. I feel they deserve it far more than the PGWP lot, by virtue of their roles.

All the best everyone.

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
Conor9900 said:
Agreed RickD. This is an astonishingly ill thought out system where applicants for all types of visa are lumped into the same pool, even though the requirements for, and purpose of, each visa are quite different. An abject failure by CIC which we're all paying for
Tell me about paying for it, currently around $3,000 out of pocket as I had to sell my furniture, fly back to the UK and am still looking for employment after a month of being here... Way to go CIC, you definitely have our best interests at heart!

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Intocanada said:
The job hunt isn't easy though when you are trying out from different country. Need to increase contacts in linkedIn and market yourself.
It was not so tough for me because I have an unique skill in software development which is not generally found in Canada(nor world 8) 8) ). But I engaged the HR when job opening came up. In that way I could get in here.
HI Intocanada!

which is this unique skill that u have.. maybe i can learn it too :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I just want to caution every body in terms of unique skills.

Canada is in no way short of software engineers in general, nor of Accountants, MBAs or the likes. They have some of the best universities in the world.

Moreover, the restrictions on regulated professions (such as engineers) which require license to practice, add more restrictions to the picture.

Some body who is hired from overseas and is brought over by an employer after securing LMIA is usually significantly experienced in his particular area, often 5 years or more - after a university degree.

That is not to say employers do not do that. But it is a matter of some luck too - say you have been working in cluster computing for several years and a particular employer needs expertise in that. This is not some thing just acquired with a university degree or developing a skill in your spare time. It only comes when some thing is your life long career, and then you got lucky.

So this should be treated as an exception rather than the norm.

As opposed to that, plummers, technicians and other skilled trade workers (not to be confused with highly skilled workers NOC 0, A etc.) are far more in demand and there is greater likelihood of one being approved.

Just an advice to those considering developing a skill needed in Canada.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
KKUMAR14 said:
HI Intocanada!

which is this unique skill that u have.. maybe i can learn it too :)
If I tell that, I will be identified in forum. It's that unique. It's not java or.net, but a language unique to particular industry. So to learn this language you need to Crack job in a company where it is used as it is not thought outside nor anyone knows in the open market. So I have pros and cons. The only advantage I have is its used heavily in this industry.

And, I accept with what fkl mentioned. Luck should also favor.