+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get India pcc for OCI holders living in India?

royun

Nov 22, 2018
Well, we are in final stages and hoping for PPR soon. My wife has lived in India largely for the last 9 years and the pcc was only issued for last 9 months at the time of applying (for dates since her last arrival). Any attempts to get anything more were unsuccessful, so we submitted same. So far seems to be no issues, but of course cant say entirely for sure until final confirmation. AOR August6/7th, MEP September8th, IP2 November22nd.
And yes, the letter was from FRRO, not a police office as they claimed on Canada website. Also we submitted a LOE just in case, but to be honest, it looks like there are quite enough cases that are similar and its quite possible that CIC workers are aware of the format for foreigners.
Thanks for replying.
I am quite hopeful this time. I've also stayed here more than 10 years.
And previous PR application was rejected in Dec due to imcomplete period. So, I have no other option than obtaining it.

And great to hear that you are in final stage :)

anie25

May 13, 2017
Thanks for replying.
I am quite hopeful this time. I've also stayed here more than 10 years.
And previous PR application was rejected in Dec due to imcomplete period. So, I have no other option than obtaining it.

And great to hear that you are in final stage :)
Hi royun
So i was staying here in same address for three years and after inline attempt which got rejected i went there myself and explained and took my husband as well...they tend to listen more to a hindi speaking person..eventhough the officer tent to try and niglect giving me pcc for full stay, saying that there is no need...just last six months are enough..blah blah..i kept insisting and showing him all my x-visas with all the continous dates i was living here till i got oci. Then he talked to the bigger person in posistion then they gave it to me...if you have lived in different parts of delhi..if in noida u have to contact frro of Lucknow (responsible for noida sector) if gurgaon..contact frro gurgaon..u might be having sm address proof or document/visa/oci stating ur stay? Insist tell them the situation..dont know what else to say..i had the challenge of my life on those days to finally obtain it..and the only way for foreigner is frro only..let me know if ull need any more info..

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi guys, will it be a problem if the date of issuance of the PCC is different from the end date of the PCC's coverage?

My wife's PCC was issued on the 10th October. We had submitted the FRRO application on the 1st October. Therefore, coverage is up to the 1st October whereas the PCC was issued on the 10th October.

Can they reject saying the PCC does not cover the entire period up to its issuance?

I'm wondering whether to raise a CSE explaining this.

anie25

May 13, 2017
Hi guys, will it be a problem if the date of issuance of the PCC is different from the end date of the PCC's coverage?

My wife's PCC was issued on the 10th October. We had submitted the FRRO application on the 1st October. Therefore, coverage is up to the 1st October whereas the PCC was issued on the 10th October.

Can they reject saying the PCC does not cover the entire period up to its issuance?

I'm wondering whether to raise a CSE explaining this.
I don’t think so ‍♀ They will focus more on the full coverage of the stay i am affraid..

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I don’t think so ‍♀ They will focus more on the full coverage of the stay i am affraid..
Thank you @anie25

Does your PCC have the same date for both issue date and "To" date? If yes, how did you fill the "To" date in the application form?

perry001

Dec 30, 2012
Just a few days really, not more than a week. However they never said that you have to appear in their office to collect it, i guess thats implied by the message when they say that its done.
Are you in same situation? Foreign national in India?
Is there any fee for it.? I applied online 8 days ago have not heard anything back.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Is there any fee for it.? I applied online 8 days ago have not heard anything back.
They eventually sent it by post, so probably wait another 1-2 weeks to see if it simply arrives. If you feel worried, just call, maybe it can be picked up from their Delhi office as well.

perry001

Dec 30, 2012
They eventually sent it by post, so probably wait another 1-2 weeks to see if it simply arrives. If you feel worried, just call, maybe it can be picked up from their Delhi office as well.
Thanks for reply is there any fee ??Online they have not asked to pay anything.

Fauzia1990

Aug 1, 2019
We did it after ita and submitted the ita letter. At worst, they`ll reject you (and you can apply again after ita). Hard to say about the duration however, i have a feeling that they routinely give it for stay since last arrival only, that also if you have stayed in IN for at least 6 ish months, but you may be able to go to them in person and probably get a solution. Hard to say.
We obviously did not have the best experience or outcome, but so far so good. 56 days and going, application has not been rejected.
Hi,

May i know the status of your application ??

I am sailing in the same boat regarding the Indian PCC:(

Tb@345

Jan 8, 2021
Hi!
I have been living in India for the past 11 years..in Pune..I just lived in Hyderabad for 2 years..and i got my OCI renewed there..So my OCI has a hyd address..then returned back to Pune..
My question is..how does the address part work in PCC while applying to FRRO?
And since my home is in Maharashtra do i apply to the mumbai FRRO? i live in Pune.
Also what is the validity of PCC issued by FRRO?