+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get India pcc for OCI holders living in India?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hi,
Anyone has clear picture of how to get India PCC for OCI holders living in India? Namely, Delhi.
Although the Canada web page on police clearance says to go to police station, i hear police has no authority for PCC where foreigners are involved and one is supposed to go to the FRRO office where they futher communicate to MHA? How does it really work?

anie25

May 13, 2017
Hi,
Anyone has clear picture of how to get India PCC for OCI holders living in India? Namely, Delhi.
Although the Canada web page on police clearance says to go to police station, i hear police has no authority for PCC where foreigners are involved and one is supposed to go to the FRRO office where they futher communicate to MHA? How does it really work?
Hi Ranjan

Any luck getting your PCC? I am in the same trouble am holding an OCI card and FRRO of delhi won’t issue me a PCC. Even the district police of the place i reside doesn’t know how to do the process.

Did u manage to do so? Thanksss

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hi Ranjan

Any luck getting your PCC? I am in the same trouble am holding an OCI card and FRRO of delhi won’t issue me a PCC. Even the district police of the place i reside doesn’t know how to do the process.

Did u manage to do so? Thanksss
Hi, well, we did get the certificate, but its only covering my wife's stay since her last arrival on August 2017, the previous 7-8 years of her periodic stay are not covered. We have been through a lot of trouble, in person trying to go to their office and calling them about this, but every time they assure that this is the only format they give it in. Consecutive certificate is only possible up to a time where last absence from country is less then 8 weeks. Since my wife usually goes for good 3 months, it was not possible for them to date it further back. The police and ministry of home affairs both told us to contact and follow FRRO advice, so there is really no way around it, at least we did not find one. We tried applying for separate certificates for individual periods, but that request was turned down, too.
Currently we have applied and having our fingers crossed that the CIC reviews our file reasonably and takes the decision accordingly. Our application was submitted on August 6/7th and we have so far received medical pass (september 8th) and biometric data request for my wife. So far so good.
Just to mention, we did write a LOE about this too. Its very unsettling. I hope CIC employees, if having any doubts, will reach out to FRRO to confirm to format of their PCCs.

To apply for a PCC, make an account with FRRO online portal, then once you login, PCC is one of the options in their services list. Its fully online process, although they do ask for all sorts of crazy documents to support, but oh well. Then once you receive the email about the PCC being made, simply go to their office to collect it. https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp

anie25

May 13, 2017
I have already a profile in frro portal, did all the procedure of form filling and document uploading. After some days i get a response: aplication cancelled. I got so surprised. Visisted the office and they told me aaa you are an oci holder...we dont give pcc to oci holders only your embassy can.
Surprised again.. mailed to my embassy...they replied there is no way we issue such certificate, only Indian authorities can since now you are a residnet there.
So no luck again.

Can you tell me how u got it from the frro the certificate? U applied online puting wife’s oci card as well and they issued it?

I am stressed as my submission date for the papers is very near and i don’t have this document.

Hi, well, we did get the certificate, but its only covering my wife's stay since her last arrival on August 2017, the previous 7-8 years of her periodic stay are not covered. We have been through a lot of trouble, in person trying to go to their office and calling them about this, but every time they assure that this is the only format they give it in. Consecutive certificate is only possible up to a time where last absence from country is less then 8 weeks. Since my wife usually goes for good 3 months, it was not possible for them to date it further back. The police and ministry of home affairs both told us to contact and follow FRRO advice, so there is really no way around it, at least we did not find one. We tried applying for separate certificates for individual periods, but that request was turned down, too.
Currently we have applied and having our fingers crossed that the CIC reviews our file reasonably and takes the decision accordingly. Our application was submitted on August 6/7th and we have so far received medical pass (september 8th) and biometric data request for my wife. So far so good.
Just to mention, we did write a LOE about this too. Its very unsettling. I hope CIC employees, if having any doubts, will reach out to FRRO to confirm to format of their PCCs.

To apply for a PCC, make an account with FRRO online portal, then once you login, PCC is one of the options in their services list. Its fully online process, although they do ask for all sorts of crazy documents to support, but oh well. Then once you receive the email about the PCC being made, simply go to their office to collect it. https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp
ve

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
I have already a profile in frro portal, did all the procedure of form filling and document uploading. After some days i get a response: aplication cancelled. I got so surprised. Visisted the office and they told me aaa you are an oci holder...we dont give pcc to oci holders only your embassy can.
Surprised again.. mailed to my embassy...they replied there is no way we issue such certificate, only Indian authorities can since now you are a residnet there.
So no luck again.

Can you tell me how u got it from the frro the certificate? U applied online puting wife’s oci card as well and they issued it?

I am stressed as my submission date for the papers is very near and i don’t have this document.

ve
What a madness!! Well, she applied online and DELHI frro issued it to us, although, as said, only covering recent stay. Is it possible that your last arrival in India is not 'old' enough? My wife applied when she had her last continuous stay for about 8-9 months.
We applied through India online portal only and yes, we did show both her passport and OCI.
Did you visit the FRRO office? because police office wont issue the certificate to foreigner.
It is obviously total nonsense - your country cannot confirm and issue any certificates about your criminal history in another country.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
The stupid thing is also that FRRO officers flat out refuse to issue letter stating the circumstances and the non-availability of the PCC or timelines or anything. I really feel for you. Try again, get a good explanation at least, put that down in LOE and try to obtain some proof of answers that were provided to you (although its hard seeing as they dont have email and their online system gives a very brief 'rejected/cancelled' with no explanation). I included a screenshot with this online application status as 'rejected' with our LOE (as i stated later we tried applying for separate periods, which was rejected).
It is in no way that we are out of the woods with our scenario, either, but i guess at least we have some form of PCC. Your situation sounds even worse.
On the CIC website also the info of how foreigners can get a pcc in India is all false and nobody cares to update anything...

anie25

May 13, 2017
The stupid thing is also that FRRO officers flat out refuse to issue letter stating the circumstances and the non-availability of the PCC or timelines or anything. I really feel for you. Try again, get a good explanation at least, put that down in LOE and try to obtain some proof of answers that were provided to you (although its hard seeing as they dont have email and their online system gives a very brief 'rejected/cancelled' with no explanation). I included a screenshot with this online application status as 'rejected' with our LOE (as i stated later we tried applying for separate periods, which was rejected).
It is in no way that we are out of the woods with our scenario, either, but i guess at least we have some form of PCC. Your situation sounds even worse.
On the CIC website also the info of how foreigners can get a pcc in India is all false and nobody cares to update anything...

Yes its maddening. Me and my husband are running from one office to the other and nobody knows what to do, they just keep sending us here and there. now i clearly know that the police station of district police doesn't issue one, the info in cic website is not correct as you said.

As per the FRRO, you might be right, as i cam from my home land on 11th of september and i directly applied on 12th of september, thinking that i am late with my paper submission, so i should hurry. I didn't know i would go in such a trouble.
Maybe that's why the FRRO denied my application, eventhough i was in my country just for a month, and i have been staying in India for more than two years. In the email they stated your application is cancelled because you are not in India. How stupid is that.

I went there in person and the officer told me as i said earlier they don't issue pcc to oci holders. I was hoping to go again and get a written letter from them stating the same, but you are saying they don't give one?

how sad is that...i don't know what else to do ..i will put the LOE along with all the exchanging mails i have, at least with my embassies...what to do...:(

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Yes its maddening. Me and my husband are running from one office to the other and nobody knows what to do, they just keep sending us here and there. now i clearly know that the police station of district police doesn't issue one, the info in cic website is not correct as you said.

As per the FRRO, you might be right, as i cam from my home land on 11th of september and i directly applied on 12th of september, thinking that i am late with my paper submission, so i should hurry. I didn't know i would go in such a trouble.
Maybe that's why the FRRO denied my application, eventhough i was in my country just for a month, and i have been staying in India for more than two years. In the email they stated your application is cancelled because you are not in India. How stupid is that.

I went there in person and the officer told me as i said earlier they don't issue pcc to oci holders. I was hoping to go again and get a written letter from them stating the same, but you are saying they don't give one?

how sad is that...i don't know what else to do ..i will put the LOE along with all the exchanging mails i have, at least with my embassies...what to do...:(
Im sorry for your situation.. Just do all you can, and past that, there is nothing really you can do.. Lets hope my application proceeds smoothly, if it does, then you`ll have a little more assurance, too, that cic may be understanding.

anie25

May 13, 2017
Im sorry for your situation.. Just do all you can, and past that, there is nothing really you can do.. Lets hope my application proceeds smoothly, if it does, then you`ll have a little more assurance, too, that cic may be understanding.
I wish you all the best and that your application gets approved soon. :) Please write here whenever you will get a final answer from them.

My final date of submission is 22 october, till then ill do whatever i can to get the PCC.

All the best.
Cheers

anie25

May 13, 2017
I wish you all the best and that your application gets approved soon. :) Please write here whenever you will get a final answer from them.

My final date of submission is 22 october, till then ill do whatever i can to get the PCC.

All the best.
Cheers

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017

All the best.
Cheers
ill try to remember. If i forget, just see my signature, im sure i`ll change it with any update in our application.

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018

Hello, how long did FRRO take to prepare the PCC after you submitted your application?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hello, how long did FRRO take to prepare the PCC after you submitted your application?
Just a few days really, not more than a week. However they never said that you have to appear in their office to collect it, i guess thats implied by the message when they say that its done.
Are you in same situation? Foreign national in India?

Reactions: sgrv

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
My wife is a foreign national, we applied online just yesterday. We requested it for the entire duration of her stay in India (since February). However, she left the country twice in-between, for five days each time. I hope that will not present a problem.

We are expecting to receive an ITA soon, so we did not submit the "letter from embassy/mission". Instead, we wrote a letter saying that they recommend we apply as soon as possible. Did you do it after you received your ITA and you submitted it?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
My wife is a foreign national, we applied online just yesterday. We requested it for the entire duration of her stay in India (since February). However, she left the country twice in-between, for five days each time. I hope that will not present a problem.

We are expecting to receive an ITA soon, so we did not submit the "letter from embassy/mission". Instead, we wrote a letter saying that they recommend we apply as soon as possible. Did you do it after you received your ITA and you submitted it?
We did it after ita and submitted the ita letter. At worst, they`ll reject you (and you can apply again after ita). Hard to say about the duration however, i have a feeling that they routinely give it for stay since last arrival only, that also if you have stayed in IN for at least 6 ish months, but you may be able to go to them in person and probably get a solution. Hard to say.
We obviously did not have the best experience or outcome, but so far so good. 56 days and going, application has not been rejected.