+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get ECA for University of Wales issued Degrees

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008
Dear All Members,

I have done my MBA from Robert Kennedy College, Switzerland but the degree was issued by University of Wales, as the college is accredited by UoW. To get ECA i payed WES and after I manged to my transcripts mailed to WES, WES replied back to me "WES does not evaluate programs validated by the University of Wales but completed at the Robert Kennedy College".

I have also sent email or message through the website to all of below, but didn't got any reply from them
Can any one help me in this and let me know who does the ECA for the University of Wales issued degrees. Its my MBA degree so its very important that i get the ECA otherwise i will loose lot of points.

Thanks

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Dear All Members,

I have done my MBA from Robert Kennedy College, Switzerland but the degree was issued by University of Wales, as the college is accredited by UoW. To get ECA i payed WES and after I manged to my transcripts mailed to WES, WES replied back to me "WES does not evaluate programs validated by the University of Wales but completed at the Robert Kennedy College".

I have also sent email or message through the website to all of below, but didn't got any reply from them
Can any one help me in this and let me know who does the ECA for the University of Wales issued degrees. Its my MBA degree so its very important that i get the ECA otherwise i will loose lot of points.

Thanks
I have an MSc from University of Wales but taught at London School of Business and Finance and it was assessed as equivalent to a Masters degree in Canada by IQAS, and there was no mention of London School of Business and Finance on my ECA report, just University of Wales. I decided to use IQAS after realizing that WES was very picky about assessing validated degrees. You should go ahead and use IQAS, you don't have to wait for any reply from them, I believe you will be ok.

All the best

Reactions: virtual.bond

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008
Thank you so much dammieh ... I will go ahead with IQAS.

Did you submitted your Bachelors degree also to IQAS or they only asked for Masters

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Thank you so much dammieh ... I will go ahead with IQAS.

Did you submitted your Bachelors degree also to IQAS or they only asked for Masters
You are welcome, I sent just the Masters. They are taking longer to complete assessment these days, but you just need to be patient. All the best.

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
6th May- IQAS application delivered
27th May- Acknowledgement of receipt of application package
24th May- Transcripts delivered
8th June- Acknowledgement of receipt of transcripts/file was placed in line for processing
10th July- ECA email and soft copy from IQAS
14th July- Hard copy was delivered by FEDEX in Lagos, Nigeria

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008
Below is the reply i got from ICES - BCIT, this is the problem no body is ready to confirm and just want payment. My degree was issued in April 2013.

Thank you for your email. Regarding the University of Wales, if you were an external student and your degree was issued between 2010-2013, it is possible that that ICES may not be able to evaluate your credential. You are welcome to apply and we will then determine if we are able to proceed with an evaluation as this decision is made on a case by case basis depending on where and when your study was completed. You might also like to inquire with the other CIC designated services as to whether they will evaluate your credential. You are welcome to apply with your Bachelors degree. Here is our process and how to apply:

You are required to apply for an ECA assessment which is $200 (per credential). Although our timelines will vary due to volume, our currently timeline is approximately 5 weeks. Please keep in mind this timeline begins once all official documents have been received; not necessarily when you have applied. The type of documents required must be official. This is a mandatory requirement that must be adhered to. This means an official transcript (academic record) must be sent directly to ICES from all educational institutions you are requesting an assessment for. They may send them to us by mail or email. If these documents are not in English (or French), then we will also require certified translations from the client. The client is required to submit color photocopies of their documents (degree and transcript) and color photocopy of government issued photo identification along with the application form. For a detailed checklist of what is required, please refer to page 3 of the application form.

We also offer a rush service where the timeline is half that of our regular timeline (currently 2 weeks) however it is double the fee; $400 per credential.

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Below is the reply i got from ICES - BCIT, this is the problem no body is ready to confirm and just want payment. My degree was issued in April 2013.
Just go ahead with IQAS, if you can send me your email, I can send you a copy of my ECA report, if that will convince you, and give you rest of mind.

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008
My email is virtual.bond@gmail.com

I found the below on IQAS website.

Does the below mean they should receive 2 Packages, 1 from me (including checklist, photocopies, signed form) and 1 from my university (including transcript and application form) and the form has to be sent in both the packages?

Step 3. Gather your documents
As part of your application package, you’ll need to include:

• photocopies of your completed diploma / degree certificate (this is the document issued after your degree / diploma was awarded); IQAS will not assess incomplete or unofficial provisional academic credentials
  • translations of all educational documents if they’re not in English (do not need to be certified)
  • proof of name (such as a photocopy of a government-issued identity document); if your current name is different than the name on the educational documents, include a proof of name change (such as a photocopy of a marriage certificate)
  • the signed application form
  • academic transcripts / mark sheets mailed directly to IQAS by the issuing institution (see Step 4)
Step 4. Request your transcripts
As part of your application, your academic transcripts / statement of marks for all years of study must be sent directly to IQAS by the issuing institution.

Use the Request of Academic Records Form (0.8 MB) to request that the issuing institution send your transcripts / statement of marks directly to IQAS.

When filling out the form, you’ll need to use the IQAS reference number. The reference number is generated when you complete the IQAS application (see Step 5). It can be found at the bottom left corner of the application form.

Assessments of Chinese credentials

If your credentials are from the People’s Republic of China you must get the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) to send validated credentials directly to the IQAS office.

For non-university credentials, you can arrange for the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) to send the credential authenticity reports directly to IQAS.

Step 6. Mail your application

Your application package should include your:

• completed Application Checklist
  • photocopies of your completed diploma / degree certificates; IQAS will not assess incomplete or provisional academic credentials
  • translations of all educational documents if they’re not in English (do not need to be certified)
  • proof of name (such as a photocopy of a government-issued identity document); and if your current name is different than the name on the educational documents, a proof of name change is required (such as a photocopy of a marriage certificate)
  • signed application form
  • payment receipt (if paying online) or payment (if using a bank draft or money order)
Use tracked mail or a courier so you can keep track of your application’s location.

Mail application to:

International Qualifications Assessment Service
9th floor, 9942 108 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2J5
Canada

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
My email is virtual.bond@gmail.com

I found the below on IQAS website.

Does the below mean they should receive 2 Packages, 1 from me (including checklist, photocopies, signed form) and 1 from my university (including transcript and application form) and the form has to be sent in both the packages?
Yes they will receive 2 packages, after you apply on the website, a copy of the application form you completed on their website and a payment receipt will be sent back to your email. You will print these 2 out, sign the application and then send the 2 + your passport data page, checklist and degree certificate to IQAS. You will then request your transcripts from UoW, using the academic records request form which you will upload on UoW website when applying for the transcripts (make sure you fill in your details). They will send your transcripts to IQAS, I will advise you to choose DHL as delivery method, because Canada Post took about 3 weeks to deliver my transcripts to IQAS after its arrival to Canada because I used royal mail.

I have sent you the ECA report.

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008
Thank you so much for this detailed clarification.

1 more thing don't we need ECA for our graduation degree when we are applying?

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Thank you so much for this detailed clarification.

1 more thing don't we need ECA for our graduation degree when we are applying?
You mean for Bachelor's degree?