+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Diploma Transcripts from Punjab State Board of Technical?

Dec 6, 2018
I'm living in Delhi and planning a vist to PSBTE in the next 2 or 3 weeks and will update you, if able to get any information.
I also tried to contact PSBTE on phone(numbers listed on their website), but they are not attending my phone Call.
This one is more irritating :(
Did they ask you for photocopy evidence of your diploma

Dec 6, 2018
I did that last year in July. I completed my diploma in the year 2004.

I live abroad now. So, I tried calling them on their Chandigarh office phone number, but no one answered the call. I then called my institution where I studied for my engineering diploma. They were very supportive and willing to help me with WES evaluation. But because WES require transcripts to be sent to them directly from PSBTE, they could do much help. I then wrote an application addressing PSBTE and authorizing my brother to act on my behalf. PSBTE completed the entire procedure in just two visits when my brother showed them WES letter and my application letter. As far as I remember PSBTE gave a sealed envelope containing transcripts to my brother, which he mailed to WES.

Actually, it was the PTU which took a long time process transcripts and then they sent them to directly to WES.

I hope it helps.

Quick question: Did you have to supply PSBTE with a copy of your diploma or your application and WES letter with reference no was sufficient.

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Quick question: Did you have to supply PSBTE with a copy of your diploma or your application and WES letter with reference no was sufficient.
I don't remember now sorry, You can just go there and show them WES letter, Diploma, your transcripts and their copies. bring everything with you, there is no harm in bringing extra documents along with you.

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
hello,
Can we apply online?
I heard from one of my friends that WES will only accept transcripts, if the university send them on their own via post. We can not collect from uni and send.

Please let me know
thanks in advance

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
It was within one week. They are very efficient. I have always had a positive experience with them since I started my Diploma in 2001.

Hi..

I hope you have received your ECA.
i have done diploma in ECE FROM PSBTE AS well in 2008.

Though wes hasn’t accepted my diploma by saying it is exempted because of PSBTE and Considered only degree.

Can you tell me your response?
Do you fall under two or more degree diploma or is it same with you ?

Last edited:

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi..

I hope you have received your ECA.
i have done diploma in ECE FROM PSEB as well in 2008.

Though wes hasn’t accepted my diploma by saying it is exempted because of PSEB AND Considered only degree.

Can you tell me your response?
Do you fall under two or more degree diploma or is it same with you ?
Sorry I didn’t understand what you want to ask. I did diploma from PSBTE & IT not from PSEB. The Diploma was assessed as secondary school diploma and two years diploma by WES.

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Sorry I didn’t understand what you want to ask. I did diploma from PSBTE & IT not from PSEB. The Diploma was assessed as secondary school diploma and two years diploma by WES.
Okay I understood your question now. Actually I hadn’t have to choose two or more degrees since I Have a Masters degree and I choose that as my highest education. So I’m not sure about two or more degrees option.

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Okay I understood your question now. Actually I hadn’t have to choose two or more degrees since I Have a Masters degree and I choose that as my highest education. So I’m not sure about two or more degrees option.
Apology from explanation.

My question was just to confirm that whether they have considered your Diploma from PSEB as (2 year or 3 year diploma in ECA Report) or they marked it as "Exempted because of PSEB" ???

ok. In my case, they have considered only degree from PTU and haven't considered Diploma in final report.

WES Report
Bachelor Degree (4 years)
<<
Remarks:
Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously completed at Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training.
>>

I am confused why they did so....
Any Suggestion....

Last edited:

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Apology from explanation.

My question was just to confirm that whether they have considered your Diploma from PSEB as (2 year or 3 year diploma in ECA Report) or they marked it as "Exempted because of PSEB" ???

ok. In my case, they have considered only degree from PTU and haven't considered Diploma in final report.

WES Report
Bachelor Degree (4 years)
<<
Remarks:
Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously completed at Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training.
>>

I am confused why they did so....
Any Suggestion....
As I said I have not done any Diploma from PSEB. Sorry If I understand your Question wrong. Please read my previous posts again.

I have a 3 years engineering diploma from PSBTE&IT, Chandigarh.
WES considered it as a Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years).

and then my Bachelor of Engineering is listed as a second study Bachelor's degree (four years).

I am not sure what is your concern actually, are you loosing any points because of your WES report?

So your 3 years Diploma is not mentioned at all as a separate study in your WES report? am I right?
And they just mentioned your Bachelor Degree saying "Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously completed at Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training" is it correct?

Last edited:

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
As I said I have not done any Diploma from PSEB. Sorry If I understand your Question wrong. Please read my previous posts again.

I have a 3 years engineering diploma from PSBTE&IT, Chandigarh.
WES considered it as a Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years).

and then my Bachelor of Engineering is listed as a second study Bachelor's degree (four years).

I am not sure what is your concern actually, are you loosing any points because of your WES report?

So your 3 years Diploma is not mentioned at all as a separate study in your WES report? am I right?
And they just mentioned your Bachelor Degree saying "Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously completed at Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training" is it correct?
Yes, you are right... i am losing my marks because of WES Report. Even I have done engineering diploma from PSBTE&IT but not PSEB (Sorry for taking it as PSEB - Punjab School Eduction Board).
Can you suggest me something on this situation whether they will consider it if I will approach them again ?

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Yes, you are right... i am losing my marks because of WES Report. Even I have done engineering diploma from PSBTE&IT but not PSEB (Sorry for taking it as PSEB - Punjab School Eduction Board).
Can you suggest me something on this situation whether they will consider it if I will approach them again ?
Sorry, Still isnt clear to me.

Can you please answer this:
your 3 years Diploma is not mentioned at all as a separate study in your WES report? am I right?

As i can understand that you have done 3 years Engineering diploma+3 years B.E./B.Tech lateral Entry

How many seperate studies did WES mentioned in your report:
Just 1. study showing your Bachelor degree only

or

1. and 2. studies 1. for diploma and 2. for Bachelor degree.

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
OKay, again, I think i can understand your situation now.
I think you got only one credential from WES, That is a Bachelor degree, which sounds okay to me. Since, WES considered your diploma as a part of your lateral entry bachelor degree.

In my case actually my bachelor degree wasn't a lateral Entry, i did it from first year after completing a diploma.

I hope it helps.

So i can not suggest whether to contact WES for revision of your WES report or not, so please consult with other people who had gone through this situation.

Good luck for your application.

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
OKay, again, I think i can understand your situation now.
I think you got only one credential from WES, That is a Bachelor degree, which sounds okay to me. Since, WES considered your diploma as a part of your lateral entry bachelor degree.

In my case actually my bachelor degree wasn't a lateral Entry, i did it from first year after completing a diploma.

I hope it helps.

So i can not suggest whether to contact WES for revision of your WES report or not, so please consult with other people who had gone through this situation.

Good luck for your application.
Thanks