+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get canadian visa for my new born in india..both me and husband have PR status?

Khush_133

Dec 3, 2017
Please help in understanding how to get canadian visa for my new born in india...should my husband apply for PR sponsership first and then visa? Can visa be denied for my new born?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One of you needs to be physically living in Canada to sponsor your child for PR - and that person must remain in Canada while the child's application is being processed.

If both of you are outside of Canada, you should apply for a TRV to bring your child to Canada with you before applying for PR. If the TRV is refused, then you can try applying for a TRP. If the TRP is also refused, then one of you will need to travel to Canada ahead of the rest of the family to sponsor the child for PR. The other parent and the child will be able to travel to Canada after about 6-8 months once the child's PR visa is approved.

Make sure you meet the PR residency requirement when you apply to sponsor the child.

Khush_133

Dec 3, 2017
Thanks for the helpful information. Our plan is that my husband will travel back to canada and apply for child PR sponsership and once its approved we will apply for visa. He will stay in canada till approval. Can you help with our following questions
1. How much time it takes for PR sponsership to get approved?
2. By following this process of getting approved sponsership and then applying for visa, will it increase chances of getting child visa?
3. In how much time frame generally a canadian visa is processed for a new born?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for the helpful information. Our plan is that my husband will travel back to canada and apply for child PR sponsership and once its approved we will apply for visa. He will stay in canada till approval. Can you help with our following questions
2. By following this process of getting approved sponsership and then applying for visa, will it increase chances of getting child visa?
3. In how much time frame generally a canadian visa is processed for a new born?
You should post these questions in the Family Sponsorship forum as they are more about sponsorship than a temporary resident visa for visitors.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Answered in scylla's previous post.

2. No, waiting for sponsor approval doesn't increase the chances of TRV approval. You should apply for a TRV as soon as you can and if refused, apply for a TRP.

3. Same as everyone else.