+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get an ITA ?

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I just recently filed my Express Entry profile & have a CRS score of 412. A brief summary about myself :-

Banker with 15 years exp
IELTS score of CLB across all SLWR
Work experience of 1 year plus & less than 2 years in Canada but the same was more than 10 years back ( back in 2003-2004) hence no extra points
Spouse has her real sister staying in Toronto as a Canadian Citizen

My question here is that considering my low CRS score of 412 the chances of me making the cut in express entry cut off is zilch since the ongoing score is around 472. Secondly i havent heard of anyone actually staying outside canada & getting a job offer . Thirdly the only option that i have to get through is to go via the PNP route. While i know that i have the minimum score of 400 required for OIPNP but i believe the OIPNP has stopped sending any expression of interest in the last 10 months or so . Most of the other provinces ask for a valid job offer to apply for PNP.

Maybe i am missing something here hence request if someone could advise me which Province i could apply for PNP or the best way to get the Canadian PR/ITA with my above details .

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harman_778 said:
apologies...pls read my IELTS score as CLB 9

My NOC code is 0122
Check for all PNP programms, even those that are closed at the moment (maybe your occupation is on demand list in some province). Then stay tuned on that province and prepare all documentation so that you can apply for the PNP the moment they reopen.

You have mentioned that you had past work experience. in schich province was it? Also you may not use it for CRS it may grant you PNP.
Some provinces require ties with province in order to put application (like Manitoba).
PEI is still opened but you need to write EOI to them.
And also check for events where Canada will present itself as some provinces require to contact immigration agent in order to be able to apply for PNP

And last not least - learn French,
As alternative your spouse can also check what would be reversed score.
And not forgetting spouse language tests and ECA will give you additional points there.

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
thank you my friend for your prompt reply...i was working in Toronto for 4 months on a work permit undergoing training & then got moved to Vancouver . As for applying for other PNP programs , isnt having a job offer or relative ties in those provinces a pre requisite ? my score of 412 already takes into account my spouse's educational qualifications & her IELTS score .

More or less it looks like a distant dream unless something changes in the immigration policy..

its such a pity that your full time canadian work experiene counts for nothing just becuase it is more than 10 years old niether do you get any recognition for having family staying in canada & being citizens

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harman_778 said:
thank you my friend for your prompt reply...i was working in Toronto for 4 months on a work permit undergoing training & then got moved to Vancouver . As for applying for other PNP programs , isnt having a job offer or relative ties in those provinces a pre requisite ? my score of 412 already takes into account my spouse's educational qualifications & her IELTS score .

More or less it looks like a distant dream unless something changes in the immigration policy..

its such a pity that your full time canadian work experiene counts for nothing just becuase it is more than 10 years old niether do you get any recognition for having family staying in canada & being citizens
Nope, not all provinces do require job offer. For example Ontario itself did have a stream called human capital (closed at the moment) where they were inviting people with 400+ points to apply.
For BC I do not know their streams in detail. I also know that NB has possibility if you meet their representatives in person (like on some kind of real session), they might give you invitation to apply (and you do not need job offer).
Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan have streams where you can apply if your job is on demand list. Also closed at the moment, they can reopen any time, so you need to prepare all documents.
Manitoba also invites when you manage to point relations with Manitoba.
Alberta has also job specified stream where you do not need job offer to start with.
When it comes to ties with provinces no specific timing is mentioned (so it can be even 10+ years work experience). It will not give you CRS point but it may give you go to get provincial nomination.
Just check carefully all possibilities on this forum.

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
thanks a lot buddy for taking interest & explaining in detail...will certainly check these options out...fingers crossed