Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Folks,

I got one copy of my IELTS TRF from British Council Dubai. Now let's say if I need additional set of copies, how to get it?

As per British Council website "Please note that additional TRFs can only be sent directly to institutions. We cannot give additional TRFs to candidates or to the individuals."

It's not clear to me how applicant can send his file to CIC without the IELTS score sheet/TRF.

Please advice.

Cheers!

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
mappleleaf said:
Dear Folks,

I got one copy of my IELTS TRF from British Council Dubai. Now let's say if I need additional set of copies, how to get it?

As per British Council website "Please note that additional TRFs can only be sent directly to institutions. We cannot give additional TRFs to candidates or to the individuals."

It's not clear to me how applicant can send his file to CIC without the IELTS score sheet/TRF.

Please advice.

Cheers!
Hello,
1. You should send the original IELTS testing report along with your initial package to the CIO, so your query applies if only you want to send more than one FSWP applications, right?
2. Even though it is clearly stated you cannot obtain several copies of IELTS repots, you may still ask your testing center / British Council to issue a new copy. Tell them you have lost your original report. Sounds impossible but sometimes it works, depends on the testing center I think.
3. There's a rather sophisticated workaround that a friend of mine used to get a second report: go to some College/Institute/University and ask them to do you a favor: you request the British Council to send another copy of test report directly to that institution and then the institution sends the report back to you, or you just come and take if from them. This works too, sometimes.
4. You may also send a second package with a plain photocopy of your original IELTS report and provide appropriate explanation and reference to your prevous application package in your cover latter. But I have doubts this option witll work.

Good luck!

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
RomanSPb said:
Hello,
1. You should send the original IELTS testing report along with your initial package to the CIO, so your query applies if only you want to send more than one FSWP applications, right?
2. Even though it is clearly stated you cannot obtain several copies of IELTS repots, you may still ask your testing center / British Council to issue a new copy. Tell them you have lost your original report. Sounds impossible but sometimes it works, depends on the testing center I think.
3. There's a rather sophisticated workaround that a friend of mine used to get a second report: go to some College/Institute/University and ask them to do you a favor: you request the British Council to send another copy of test report directly to that institution and then the institution sends the report back to you, or you just come and take if from them. This works too, sometimes.
4. You may also send a second package with a plain photocopy of your original IELTS report and provide appropriate explanation and reference to your prevous application package in your cover latter. But I have doubts this option witll work.

Good luck!
I guess it then is a IELTS testing center specific issue. Some centers issue additional reports routinely for a certain nominal fee.

Regards

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
I know this is one month old query...But it might help you if you still want an additional copy...

Once you give the test...IELTS sends you one original copy...However, during your application for the IELTS test, you can request for one more copy by stating "immigration Copy" on the application form...IELTS will send you two copies now...One for your personal use and other one for you CIC immigration file...

If you have already given the test, you can still order the copy within 30 days by paying them $3 for shipping(regular Shipping).

If 30 days have been passed, then you need to pay $20 + $3 = $23.

By default, IELTS send you one original copy. You have to request the other copy by stating "Immigration Copy" on top the form.

In total you can get 2 copies to your home address. Both are original, one you can store at home and other u can use for your cic application.

Dont get confused with 5 additional TRF which IELTS directly sends directly to the institutions. Thats a completely different thing.

SonOfOdin

Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th June 2014
Nomination.....
2nd October 2014
Med's Request
26th November 2014
Med's Done....
11th December 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27th February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
25th February 2015
LANDED..........
9th June 2015
This is what I did:
1.) I called up British Council to explain that I need another copy because I sent one copy to CIO for FSWP. But I lost the credit card mentioned on that app. So I need another copy to reapply. They were very adamant as they do not give another copy until you show an acknowledgement from CIO that they have received the application.
2.) After requesting them a lot, I convinced them to consider my Courier receipt and tracking summary as proof of application package being sent to CIO. They asked me to send a request letter and DD for new TRF.
3.) Still waiting for the new report.

Regards...

thanix

Oct 30, 2014
SonOfOdin said:
This is what I did:
1.) I called up British Council to explain that I need another copy because I sent one copy to CIO for FSWP. But I lost the credit card mentioned on that app. So I need another copy to reapply. They were very adamant as they do not give another copy until you show an acknowledgement from CIO that they have received the application.
3.) Still waiting for the new report.
Did you get the report? I have a similar situation and I can't seem to get a way to convince them to send a TRF copy to me. They would send it to the CIO and not me.

Minzi

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
I am also facing same problem, they will not send to me & not to even CIC directly:-( Please let me know if some workaround worked for anyone of you to get additional test report.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Here in Kuwait, I had inquired about the same issue,

They just need all the filled forms as a proof,

& They can issue a new TRF.

So, it means that everything is in the local center's hand.

muhzahid

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London (VO VCM)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid on 07-Aug-2015
Nomination.....
PER dated 18-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2015 (3rd line updated on 15-Oct-2015)//Re-medical on 19-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
AlhamdoLillah, on 03-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 25-Oct-2016[/b]
LANDED..........
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 07-Feb-2017[/b]
I asked the local center for additional TRF, they said that I have to submit my complete application to them to prove that I am going to apply to CIC for immigration.

I submitted my complete application to them through email within 15 days of result declaration, they checked it and issued the TRF without any charges / fees.

You may follow the same course of action.

Regards,

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
muhzahid said:
I asked the local center for additional TRF, they said that I have to submit my complete application to them to prove that I am going to apply to CIC for immigration.

I submitted my complete application to them through email within 15 days of result declaration, they checked it and issued the TRF without any charges / fees.

You may follow the same course of action.

Regards,

Yeah, it should go in the same way as you've mentioned.